Steroids are too dangerous for mma/combat sports

What I find annoying is the obsession with them by so many posters here. Must be because most people here have actually never trained in combat sports and don't have anything to say about actual combat.

This seems to be a go to argument for sherdoggers that have never actually stepped into any professional or amature sport setting. As far as im aware the only mma organization that has usada testing is the UFC, Belator only does drug tests on fight week, which is a joke, they might as well not do theme at that point, KSW and ONE FC dont even have testing, and all the other smaller promotions amature or proffesional dont do testing cuz its way too expensive and would fuck up their profit.
ONE FC has roided up Muay Thai dude's fighting in mma gloves and i have never heard of anyone dying, all i have seen are faster more exciting fights and more ko's making accumalative damage less likely.And if you think that steroids aren't common place in combat sports, you should poke your head outside that little bubble of yours sometime and take in the real world. Also just because someone doesnt look all that impressive doesnt mean they aren't using something, the vast majority of dude's using shit at the gym would never tell you and for a lot of theme you couldnt even tell if it wasnt for the moonface, acne, red skin, water retention, yes sorry sherbros, if yoel romero or paulo costa never took anything in their life they would still look more impressive than 95+% of the population. You put lipstick on a pig its still just a pig with lipstick, you need to have the genetics for it, tough shit. Let's see some examples...

From yeah i go to the gym sometimes, to trapzilla
View attachment 732349

The KSW juice gang, boy they look angry
View attachment 732351

Just a jacked white boy, wrastlin in the olympics
View attachment 732359

He does cardio with his hands
View attachment 732361

Ronnie Coleman is that you...
View attachment 732365

The golden boy of boxing
View attachment 732371

But he would never do steroids, he has such a nice smile and laid back personality on talk shows, right sherbros...

View attachment 732373

Just a quick little reminder that these two tested positive
View attachment 732375 View attachment 732377

Just having a little fun with it, its always fun to poke at sherdog's logical inconsistencies with some quick facts and examples, come at me sherbros.
{<RR}
Nice post bro.

With you 100%.

giphy.webp

cdRpesUUHtG3n0sC1Ygm8jqT0krtnqtMTLm3WqtOlkM.jpg

bygzqq84qc101.jpg

483E7FD800000578-0-image-a-38_1516233538459.jpg

image152.jpg

PEDs are awesome.

I don't have a big problem with steroids in combat sports. Steroids don't win fights. I've seen too many fights where the loser pisses hot to believe that steroids win fights. Do they help? Absolutely, but maybe the other guy's best is better than your steroid best. If 2 guys are equally matched, I could see steroids giving one of them a slight advantage, but beyond that, I still don't believe they win fights.

Steroids don't help with everything as far as fighting goes. Take any pro bodybuilder or strongman and stick them in a fight with a guy half their size that trains to actually fight instead of just get big/symmetrical or strong. The guy that trains to fight wins 99/100 times.

Fighting has so much more to it than being stronger and recovering faster. They obviously help, but steroids aren't everything.

They all use Performance Enhancers, they just don't all get CAUGHT

I’m unsure of the premise of the TS but I like his style. Those pics make me want to get on the gear!

PED’s should absolutely not be legalised. At the elite end of any sport PED, where margins are slim, PED’s can be the deciding factor between winning and losing. Fighters should not be incentivised or forced to take PED’s to reach the top of their sport.

It also reduces the importance of the actual technical/physical/mental abilities of the fighter. You want to get to the top? You better make sure you have the best medical team around you and hope your body responds better to PED’s than the guy you’re fighting.

Athletes are already using PEDs whether there is testing or not. With strict testing, all this will do is enable the fighters with the most money and best connection to beat the testings (examples: Conor and Brock), while fighters with less money are unable to get the same advantage. All this will do is create a race to see who has the best chemists and designer PEDs that can go undetected.

On the other hand, if the PEDs are legalized, all the fighters will have access to more or less the same advantages, so the main deciding factors end up being the training and skill differences.

Yeah, let them all roid freely and cry about fighters who die of organ failure or something similar at 45 years of age...

<36>

Also: thinking everyone is on PEDs is just as stupid as thinking nobody is on them.

Also: thinking everyone is on PEDs is just as stupid as thinking nobody is on them.
Unless you're on those mr olympia doses you aint dying at 45, who are you to complain on what people should or shouldnt do, its their body their choice

That’s your main argument in favor of steroids? Faster KO’s provide less damage? I see a lot of photos, but that’s all I found in the argument itself.

There are so many factors in the outcome of taking PED’s in a fight, but you’re resting your argument on that single observation? Taking the stance that ped’s somehow protects the competitor is not really solid. Just because a fighter could possibly be brutalized quicker and in a more devastating fashion, doesn’t mean his health is somehow being protected.
Weee weee, they're all juicing, you cant stop it, just accept reality, it isnt turning people into cyborgs that can rip you apart, just giving that extra edge in competition and training

Unless you're on those mr olympia doses you aint dying at 45, who are you to complain on what people should or shouldnt do, its their body their choice
Allowing fighters to roid freely will inevitably lead to fighters pumping tons of PEDs into their body.

Oh, and i'm not sure if you have heard about them, but Kimbo Slice and Kevin Randleman died pretty young, didn't they?

But yeah, steroids aren't that bad...

Allowing fighters to roid freely will inevitably lead to fighters pumping tons of PEDs into their body.

Oh, and i'm not sure if you have heard about them, but Kimbo Slice and Kevin Randleman died pretty young, didn't they?

But yeah, steroids aren't that bad...
Again, boss, they have been jucing since the dawn of time, or since they found out the benefits of steroids, they make millions competing on live tv, get pussy, money, fame, while you sit at home and talk about how dangerous it is, you clearly dont have the same menatlity as a winner, spread your seed, get money, enjoy life and peace out, is the meaning of it

Athletes are already using PEDs whether there is testing or not. With strict testing, all this will do is enable the fighters with the most money and best connection to beat the testings (examples: Conor and Brock), while fighters with less money are unable to get the same advantage. All this will do is create a race to see who has the best chemists and designer PEDs that can go undetected.

On the other hand, if the PEDs are legalized, all the fighters will have access to more or less the same advantages, so the main deciding factors end up being the training and skill differences.

Not true. The main factors would end up being skill, training AND how an individual body reacts to PEDs. Some people could gain massively from the same concoction of drugs that has a minimal impact on another fighter.

It is true that with strict testing there are still athletes who will ‘beat the system’ in effect, but that’s a much better outcome than what amounts to basically forcing every fighter to juice. And make no mistake, it would absolutely be a race to the bottom in exactly the same manner weight cutting is.
Cut 5lbs to gain an advantage? Well I’ll cut 10lbs.
Take 500mg testosterone a week? Well I’ll take 500mg of testosterone per week alongside X, Y and Z other PEDS.

We have the tools right now to really go a long way to stamping out cheats, but we simply don’t use them. Stringent testing accompanied by a lifetime ban would go a long way to eliminating the issue. As long as the UFC give special allowances to certain fighters to cheat, and not punishing them adequately, they’re effectively creating their own problem.

Again, boss, they have been jucing since the dawn of time, or since they found out the benefits of steroids, they make millions competing on live tv, get pussy, money, fame, while you sit at home and talk about how dangerous it is, you clearly dont have the same menatlity as a winner, spread your seed, get money, enjoy life and peace out, is the meaning of it

Your posts were decent until now, but that is simply nonsensical.

Dying young, driven by steroids or not, is not winning in life.

Not sure what them taking steroids since the dawn of time, to phrase it in your words has to do with anything.
Also: combat athletes make millions regardless of the strictness of drug testing - although they'd make more with stricter drug testing, as a well tested sport is far more legitimate than a freak show with pumped up hulks.

Besides that: pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my mentality, but the fact that you feel the need to resort to attacking me instead of my argument tells me a few things about your mentality.

Your posts were decent until now, but that is simply nonsensical.

Dying young, driven by steroids or not, is not winning in life.
What is? Living a boring long life, arnold is still alive today and fuck knows how much shit he did, most mr olypia guys are still alive, if you're alredy prone to a heart attack through genetics, then taking steroids will increase that risk. Again, difference in frame of mind, some people are scared of dying and want to extend it as much as possible, other's live it to their fullest and risk dying young, would you wannt to be the old dude laying on his death bed, thinking back on all the shit he missed out on cuz he was scared?

I don't have a big problem with steroids in combat sports. Steroids don't win fights. I've seen too many fights where the loser pisses hot to believe that steroids win fights. Do they help? Absolutely, but maybe the other guy's best is better than your steroid best. If 2 guys are equally matched, I could see steroids giving one of them a slight advantage, but beyond that, I still don't believe they win fights.

Steroids don't help with everything as far as fighting goes. Take any pro bodybuilder or strongman and stick them in a fight with a guy half their size that trains to actually fight instead of just get big/symmetrical or strong. The guy that trains to fight wins 99/100 times.

Fighting has so much more to it than being stronger and recovering faster. They obviously help, but steroids aren't everything.

The bolded is hugely contradictory. They either influence the outcome of a fight or they don’t (the correct answer is they do). They can’t both ‘give one guy a slight advantage’ and not ‘win fights’.

And yes it should go without saying that a trained fighter beats and untrained guy even if the untrained guy is on steroids. Nobody is suggesting otherwise. The issue is a trained fighter fighting another trained fighter when one of them is on steroids.

Not sure what them taking steroids since the dawn of time, to phrase it in your words has to do with anything.
Also: combat athletes make millions regardless of the strictness of drug testing - although they'd make more with stricter drug testing, as a well tested sport is far more legitimate than a freak show with pumped up hulks.

Besides that: pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my mentality, but the fact that you feel the need to resort to attacking me instead of my argument tells me a few things about your mentality.
They have been juicing since they made steroids and found out their benefits, look up doping in the olympics by German athletes when they all the sudden started winning medals and their chicks started growing mustaches, it was later found out that they were doing a state sposored program. Back in the 1970's, also sbout the time that records started getting shatered, especially for sprinting, what a coincidance

What is? Living a boring long life, arnold is still alive today and fuck knows how much shit he did, most mr olypia guys are still alive, if you're alredy prone to a heart attack through genetics, then taking steroids will increase that risk. Again, difference in frame of mind, some people are scared of dying and want to extend it as much as possible, other's live it to their fullest and risk dying young, would you wannt to be the old dude laying on his death bed, thinking back on all the shit he missed out on cuz he was scared?

What is winning in life?

Em....I’m pretty sure not being dead would be top of most people’s lists.

So you’ve admitted that steroids can in fact lead to a heart attack but want to implement a ruleset that literally forces any fighter that wants to make it to the top to take steroids.....

Are you this guy by any chance?

<{JustBleed}>

What is winning in life?

Em....I’m pretty sure not being dead would be top of most people’s lists.

So you’ve admitted that steroids can in fact lead to a heart attack but want to implement a ruleset that literally forces any fighter that wants to make it to the top to take steroids.....

Are you this guy by any chance?

<{JustBleed}>
If you want to compete with the best you will have to take ped's, its what a trainer will pretty much tell you if you're good enough to compete at a high level at any sport, for me it was athletics, they will straight up tell you, if you want to be competative you will have to use something, 9 out of 10 of the fastest men in the world have tested positive at some point, you're not beating a roided up freak athlete without being roided out yourself, drop that disney channel act, its not gonna work

Back