Steroids are too dangerous for mma/combat sports

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This seems to be a go to argument for sherdoggers that have never actually stepped into any professional or amature sport setting. As far as im aware the only mma organization that has usada testing is the UFC, Belator only does drug tests on fight week, which is a joke, they might as well not do theme at that point, KSW and ONE FC dont even have testing, and all the other smaller promotions amature or proffesional dont do testing cuz its way too expensive and would fuck up their profit.
ONE FC has roided up Muay Thai dude's fighting in mma gloves and i have never heard of anyone dying, all i have seen are faster more exciting fights and more ko's making accumalative damage less likely.And if you think that steroids aren't common place in combat sports, you should poke your head outside that little bubble of yours sometime and take in the real world. Also just because someone doesnt look all that impressive doesnt mean they aren't using something, the vast majority of dude's using shit at the gym would never tell you and for a lot of theme you couldnt even tell if it wasnt for the moonface, acne, red skin, water retention, yes sorry sherbros, if yoel romero or paulo costa never took anything in their life they would still look more impressive than 95+% of the population. You put lipstick on a pig its still just a pig with lipstick, you need to have the genetics for it, tough shit. Let's see some examples...

From yeah i go to the gym sometimes, to trapzilla
IMG_20200220_113807.png

The KSW juice gang, boy they look angry
Bez-tytu_u_750x400_acf_cropped.jpg

Just a jacked white boy, wrastlin in the olympics
download-1.jpg

He does cardio with his hands
qr8gnNFrCOeyPvhDYIKj.jpg

Ronnie Coleman is that you...
cortina-300x300.jpg

The golden boy of boxing
6t7im9sdut131.jpg

But he would never do steroids, he has such a nice smile and laid back personality on talk shows, right sherbros...

anthony-joshua-endorsements.jpg

Just a quick little reminder that these two tested positive
usa-today-2256316.0.jpg 20131219085830_josh_barnett.JPG

Just having a little fun with it, its always fun to poke at sherdog's logical inconsistencies with some quick facts and examples, come at me sherbros.
{<RR}

Even more so when it's women I'd argue.

Cris-Cyborg-500x333.jpg

Too dangerous for who? When I'm drinking my amber ale I'm not gonna be reading a USADA audit I'm gonna be watching some wig splitting.

im honest; i used to love watching pure roided violent savages killing each other back then at the good ol' pride days.

especially igor vovychyan the goat

but without peds you aint gonna reach top 50.

I feel like any serious athlete takes roids or some form of ped.

Theres no such thing as peds. Drugs make healthy people sick.

Either:
1) ban PEDs and ban offenders for life
OR
2) allow PEDs for everyone

I'm fine with either 1 or 2 but not the current status:

3) PEDs are illegal but some ppl are allowed to juice because they are cash cows

Last edited:
Either:
OR

3) PEDs are illegal but some ppl are allowed to juice because they are cash cows

I agree with this ^

PEDs should be allowed in any combat sport.

It should be legalized, period. They're hormones that have beneficial properties, such as speeding up healing and recovery, increasing lean body mass and reducing fat.

Theres no such thing as peds. Drugs make healthy people sick.

PEDs are hormones that are incorrectly lumped into the same category as "drugs". They're not the same thing. PEDs heal up the body; drugs destroy the body.

That’s your main argument in favor of steroids? Faster KO’s provide less damage? I see a lot of photos, but that’s all I found in the argument itself.

There are so many factors in the outcome of taking PED’s in a fight, but you’re resting your argument on that single observation? Taking the stance that ped’s somehow protects the competitor is not really solid. Just because a fighter could possibly be brutalized quicker and in a more devastating fashion, doesn’t mean his health is somehow being protected.

It should be legalized, period. They're hormones that have beneficial properties, such as speeding up healing and recovery, increasing lean body mass and reducing fat.
Yes, if used correctly it can be only beneficial for ones health.

Educate yourself people!

Either:
OR

Totally agree, I think at this point it has to be make them legal for all. The testing is corrupt, and I don’t think you can make it uncorrupt with the money involved.

I’m unsure of the premise of the TS but I like his style. Those pics make me want to get on the gear!

PED’s should absolutely not be legalised. At the elite end of any sport PED, where margins are slim, PED’s can be the deciding factor between winning and losing. Fighters should not be incentivised or forced to take PED’s to reach the top of their sport.

It also reduces the importance of the actual technical/physical/mental abilities of the fighter. You want to get to the top? You better make sure you have the best medical team around you and hope your body responds better to PED’s than the guy you’re fighting.

PEDs are hormones that are incorrectly lumped into the same category as "drugs". They're not the same thing. PEDs heal up the body; drugs destroy the body.
Nope. No such thing as peds. Drugs make healthy people sick.

Back