1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Sterling just became Bantamweight's number one enemy

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Misanthropist, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Misanthropist Purple Belt

I despise Sterling because of his unbearable attitude but after the fight and skimming through his twitter profile just made me despise him even more. The rematch has to be booked asap so we don't have suffer from this.

The man has the audacity to call the fight "close" and "competitive".

Celebrated it like he deserved it while showing his clean face after getting knee'ed, concussed or whatever. It can't get any more blatant than that.

https://twitter.com/PetrYanUFC/status/1368515701665787908

And he is already ducking Yan. That alone should tell you everything about him.

I can't believe I have to side with Cejudo.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Kwic, svmr_db and cyanogen like this.
  2. cyanogen Green Belt

It's pretty bad lol.

3. tornado362 Yellow Belt

I'm a big Aljo fan, and yes he was acting.
    But wouldn't you? If you had a win bonus that could give your family what they want and need, a title on the line to cash higher cheques, your name etched in history as a UFC champ.

If you have the chance to get all this cause your opponent was an idiot, would you not do the exact same thing?

Albeit, he should have laid low on the whole "I'm a champ thing" after throwing the belt on the ground

4. Bubzeh Silver Belt

Dude took the easy way out and has no shame about not wanting the rematch lmao. Pussy.

5. 7 others Green Belt

Possibly the worst champ and its just 2nd day in LMAO

pseto223 and svmr_db like this.
  6. Ramon Antonio Black Belt

I don't blame Aljo because that was his only way of winning that fight. Lionheart should've done the same against Jones.

7. youllneverwalkalone Brown Belt

The fight was competitive by any meaningful definition. At the time of the stoppage, two judges had it 29-28 Yan and one judge had it 29-28 Sterling.

Did it look like Aljo gassed himself out and Yan was going to take over? Absolutely, but we can't know for certain what would have happened.

Of course they should rematch these two asap and there is no other fight that makes sense.

fortheo likes this.
  8. fortheo Titanium Belt

You guys are really sensitive. They're going to re-match, so calm your tits. Also, that fight was competitive, unless of course you only watched the last 1.5 rounds where Yan started to pull away with it.

9. DeepFry Yellow Belt

Enemy for life yo'

10. Straatblaffer Brown Belt

Not another thread about this... It honestly saddens me to see how many people point fingers at Aljo. He got rocked by an illegal knee, fight was over. If the knee was legal, fight would have been stopped as well. So he is the righteous champ and can do whatever he wants.

Also, 95% of the fighters that get KO'd, go home and are fine after a quick hospitalization. Stop making such a deal of this and learn to blame the right persons

11. mmadeewana Purple Belt

Henry with his tweet lol. But in all honesty Henry vs Yan is a bettee fight than Aljo vs Yan rematch right now

12. Kebab made by Khabib Yummy

DQ is justified. Sterling had every right to make the DQ happen.

What he should've done was vacate the belt during post match interview and challenge Yan for a rematch. Would've looked good on him.

13. lagofala Brown Belt

Fighter takes money from UFC. I'm ok with that.

14. xhaydenx Black Belt

Sterling is the champ. He won the fight fair and square, and now it's time to move on.

Yan wasn't even really the champ anyway. He got given the belt for beating an out of prime Aldo who was coming off two losses and didn't even have any wins at BW. Does that sound like a rightful champ to you?

Looking forward to Sterling defending the belt against Henry next. Perhaps Yan can go and get a win against a few top BWs. He needs a few of those to get back into title contention. Let's not forget his best win is against Jimmie Rivera.

15. Han White Belt

It was close and competitive, yes yan was taking over and possibly would have gone on to win by a round or two at best but we will never know because he illegally kneed a downed opponent like a retard.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Sterling beats him in the rematch. He just needs to tighten his game up a bit, less wasteful attacks and no setup takedowns and he he can definitely win.

16. infinite666 Orange Belt

im still wondering why it wasnt a no contest

17. mraa1 Brown Belt

or you could just stay off twatter

18. ayaandirtyboy The King is Back

yan literally dropped him in the first round this fight was never competitive
    almost everything sterling threw was getting blocked by yan

19. Quietus Black Belt

Since most people already think he was faking it, Aljo's best play here is to go full-on Ric Flair and turn heel, saying something like "What if I did milk the foul, so what, who has the belt now bitch?" he would be the biggest heel in the UFC since Colby and it would fuel a lot of interest in a rematch, or in seeing other people try to take the belt off him. It's Aljo's best career move tbh, he has long struggled with generating interest in himself as a fighter, going full WWE is the way now, except unlike with Colby this is real and organic and writes itself.