Stephens is more than capable of knocking Edgar flat out

Edgar is more than capable of outworking Stephenson at every aspect of fighting for 3-5 rounds

It's definitely possible but I don't think Edgar takes that fight.

He'll get the winner of Holloway/Olivera more than likely.

Stephens vs Mendes makes sense.

this is what happened to dos anjos... same can easily happen to frankie

tumblr_m12sbsrSir1rs2u6no1_250.gif

But, it won't happen.

RDA wasn't even half the fighter back then that he is today, and Frankie is 100x the fighter today that RDA was back then.

Frankie is way too intelligent to get caught by things like that.

Stephens has the crazy power to put anybody away, but landing on Frankie, landing those bombs is a different story. He has a great chin and can take serious punishment and stay in the fight, but landing those shots is not easy. Frankie's movement is very good and his overall defense has improved a lot since his fights with Maynard.

Frankie's TD's are a hell of a lot better than Bermudez' TD's, too, and it's because Frankie sets his TD's up better than he does. His movement, speed and striking is very good. He's good at setting his TD's up, maybe the best in the division at it and his top game is possibly the best in the division, too.

If the fight happens, Frankie is going to outclass Stephens everywhere. Stephens won't land those shots on Frankie. He has the power and his striking is good, but Frankie is too smart and is just on a different level than Stephens is. Frankie will gas him out within 2 rounds by making Stephens miss.

Dominant win for Frankie. I guarantee Frankie will make this look easy if it even happens.

Well done genius...

Edgar has got good recovery though and would still manage to get him down to the ground and grind out a decision, as a fan of both fighters I don't really want to see it, Edgar wins 9/10

Bermudez had never been koed before and is known for his grit and determination.

Bermudez had faced much weaker competition than frankie has.

Sure, Stephens hits hard enough to put away anyone in the division, but this matchup heavily favors Frankie. His striking is crisper and he has a massive grappling advantage. Really, the only advantage he doesn't have is power.

I would watch but you never know which Jeremy will so up.

Well done genius...

Edgar has got good recovery though and would still manage to get him down to the ground and grind out a decision, as a fan of both fighters I don't really want to see it, Edgar wins 9/10

10/10, and I'm a fan of Jeremy. People act like finishing Bermudez gives Stephens a punchers chance. Bermudez is chinny. Bermudez/Grice could have easily been stopped 3 times or so (Bermudez lost that fight too btw)

I can't see a fight between these two turning out any differently from how the Edgar/Swanson fight did. Don't fuck with Autoshoppers.com, Jeremy.

Frankie would work that ass but its a fight i would like to see

I would love to see this fight. But seeing what Olivera did to Stephens on the ground and considering Edgars wrestling and BJJ, its not likely Stephens wins

Frankie does what he does against Stephens.

For me: Stephens, or anyone for that matter, shouldn't get anything positive out of a fight where he failed to make weight. Frankie has nothing to gain taking this fight and shouldn't do so. Stephens should make weight and fight someone else. Maybe 2 someone elses before he's in the talks with the big 4...well not big 4 considering they're featherweights but he has no business in a fight with Mendes, Frankie, Connor or Aldo.

Write a poem about it.

Stephens is more than capable of knocking out any human being. Doesn't mean he will.

I'm not opposed to the fight, though I think Edgar will be too quick and technical for him.

Frankie has always had challengers that are "gonna knock him out cold." Hell even in the Maynard fights when 99.999% of fighters would of been knocked out or given up he fought his way back TWICE. He outclassed Faber, Oliveira and Penn in has last 3. This should be an easy win for him.

Stephen is not winning unless he's lucky and gets a one punch KO. Couldn't care less about this match-up.

"Frankie Edgar is a boxer" is such a weird myth.
Dude is a very good kicker, and kicks a lot.

I'd be fine with it. Don't need Frankie waiting forever.

Frankie UD

He could but probably wont. Frankie by sub.

Back