Stephen Thompsons worst matchup

TBH I would've thought Hendricks would be right up there. GSP would obviously be a nightmare for him, but that aside, I don't see anyone else posing huge problems for him.

He just knocked out his worst matchup. I guess now Rory and Maia would be the next worst.

Brown took wonderboy down
with trips from the clinch.
Maia is a black belt in judo.
Maia is as tough as they come...
Has went to decisions with
finishers before... recently, even.

I'd pick maia over wonderboy
all day. Unless some Marquardt
shit happens early... the later it
goes, maia will figure out a way
to get it to his world.

Maia deserved the shot though tbh

Brown can still pose problems for him in a 5 round fight.

I do think Rory is the toughest matchup for him at WW but i still think Wonderboy beats him.

Brown took wonderboy down
with trips from the clinch.
Maia is a black belt in judo.
Maia is as tough as they come...
Has went to decisions with
finishers before... recently, even.

I'd pick maia over wonderboy
all day. Unless some Marquardt
shit happens early... the later it
goes, maia will figure out a way
to get it to his world.

Maia deserved the shot though tbh

Maia wont get close to Thompson. It'll look like Maia vs Anderson with Wonderboy using movement to avoid the clinch and take downs.

Let's face it, everyone right now in the WW division would be ragdolled by Maia.

Nick Diaz

Not saying Nick would win but maybe? You never know. It could really go either way. I would drop 60 bucks for a PPV with only that one fight. That would be an amazing fight for however long it would last.

image.jpeg
Nick Diaz

Not saying Nick would win but maybe? You never know. It could really go either way. I would drop 60 bucks for a PPV with only that one fight. That would be an amazing fight for however long it would last.

Any striker in that divisions worst nightmare is Maia.

Wonderboy at range finishes Lawlers work and kicks Rorys nose clear out the back of his medulla oblangata

Really? I have a hard time believing that after seeing him neutralize Hendricks' takedowns.

I think it would look a lot like Silva vs Maia.

Wonderboy is way too fast for him.

Yeah the funny thing is Hendricks might be his toughest match up. Hendricks and Woodley for the takedowns (and power) and Maia for the ground game where one takedown (or one each in three rounds) might be enough.

Condit Lawler Alves would all be intriguing striking match ups but at this point you gotta believe Thompson outstrikes and possibly finishes everyone. Would like to see him deal with Alves low kicks. Didn't Thompson fight a lot of kickboxing rules where low kicks were banned?

Rory has probably been my favorite WW over the past few years, but I don't really see why people think he matches up well with WB. I get that he's a great striker, but he's not gonna outpoint WB and he's not a huge KO threat. I would favor WB over everyone at WW based on his last fight, but if he loses I think it's gonna be because he gets caught by a powerful striker, or possibly on the ground by someone like Maia. Rory would likely have to win a decision and I don't see that as very probable.

Let's face it, everyone right now in the WW division would be ragdolled by Maia.
I don't believe that to be true at all. Rory would beat him again and guys like Lombard and Woodley that are nearly impossible to take down would beat his ass on the feet. If he got a takedown on Lawler or WB things could get interesting, but they've become extremely hard to take down.

Back