News Stephen Thompson vs. Vicente Luque Official For UFC 244

Who Wins?

• Stephen Thompson

• Vicente Luque

Results are only viewable after voting.
thompson is still solid top 10 but he clealry is in a decline since his woodley fights. if luque conects one cleean left hoof, the fight is finished.

Amazing fight. Hopefully Luque’s ticket to the big shows.

Real good fight, I respect WB as a striker but never really bought into him or his style I think Vicente has the style and athleticism to combat WB who's getting more exposed and broken down by the right kind of quick moving fighters. All Vicente needz to do is hit WB hard once (ala TWOOD) and he shrinks up shys away and becomes WB Ultra Point Fighting Man...

Mmmmmm luque's got bricks for hands, crisp boxing and powerful leg kicks. He's got the weapons to hurt wb but, at the same time, his stance is too tight, he doesn't move much off the centerline and he eats a lot of punches. It's hard to deal with thompson's distance too, no one has really been able to beat him decisively at his game. Wonderboy ud is the most likely outcome, expect it to look like pettis, masvidal with stephen keeping a slow pace and blitzing here and there . Luque by tko has a great shot if luque decides to pressure and throws leg kicks.wouldn't be too surprising, but i don't trust him that much.

Luque loses to Perry an lands himself top 5 opponent ? wow!!

Seriously, did no one see Mike Perry outclass him on the feet?

Luque beat Perry in a split decision after changing his face if I remember right...

he went life an death with Bryan Barberena :D

this place is wearing me down after 2 days :(

Life & Death with Barberena
Fred-Armisen-Confuse-Face-Californians.gif
? If you mean Vinente almost taking Bryan's life and bringing him to near death with finishing knees and punches, yeah i guess it did go life & death.

You wearing me out after 2 posts... <DisgustingHHH>

I think the recency bias of each guys last fight will get a lot of Sherbros here.

WB outpoints him to a UD IMO.
pretty much this. My only thing is WB is aging, and his style, where reflexes are pretty much one of the main aspects could be one where once he starts losing, he goes down hill rather quick

Lol they're pretty much making Thompson the new gate keeper at WW. They threw him to Till when he was barely top 10, then Pettis when he moved up from LW, and now Luque who is ranked 14

<TheWire1> F*k me you right @Tomas

I've been on the bandwagon for far too long to get off now.

BUT, Wonderboy is a tough fight for any striker.
He most definitely is. I know it was only one bad loss, but for some reason I have a feeling Wonderboy's chin is hanging from a thread. I think Luque is primed to land a big shot and he's durable enough to wade through Wonderboy's offense to land some of his own. If he can deal with Wonderboy's running I think it'll be a much better performance from Luque than the Perry fight. Perry is much better in the pocket than giving credit for. Luque will have more room to breathe in this one.

Luque beat Perry in a split decision after changing his face if I remember right...

Life & Death with Barberena
Fred-Armisen-Confuse-Face-Californians.gif
? If you mean Vinente almost taking Bryan's life and bringing him to near death with finishing knees and punches, yeah i guess it did go life & death.

You wearing me out after 2 posts... <DisgustingHHH>
try watching the fights instead of getting salty, it will be better for your health an credibility.

I think Wonderboy is getting severly underrated at this point.

I would love for him to make a run again at WW. I think he has the style to beat the 2 blankets of the division.

I think Wonderboy is getting severly underrated at this point.

I would love for him to make a run again at WW. I think he has the style to beat the 2 blankets of the division.

lol Wonderbread has laid a few eggs in the octagon himself.

Wonderboy has become underrated.. in an alternate reality (another judge) he would have defended against usman..

Tough fight, rooting for Vicente. I think he wins.

lol Wonderbread has laid a few eggs in the octagon himself.
Yeah.. The two fights against Woodley and against Till (which I think he still won).

But those guys had one advantage over Colby and Usman: Power. Marty and Colby are pillowfisted. I think Wonderboy MAYBE could dance around a little bit and outstrike them.

PS: I'm letting out of the analysis the Pettis fight because while I don't like to talk about flukes... wtf was that? I would not bet on that happening again in a 100 years. Wonderboy was beating the crap out of showtime.

Nice nice. I got Luque, I think Wonderboy will be winning and get cracked similar to Pettis KO.
I like both guys and I'm glad Luque is getting this opportunity, he has been giving us great fights and seems like a good dude.

Well they gave him two title shots and he laid an egg and both by being as boring and inactive as possible

That’s one way to look at it. The other is that he was fighting Tyron Woodley, and stood right in front of him for the better part of 50 minutes of (what I thought was) dead even fighting.

His style forces him to be nearly perfect though, so I don’t think he can complain about not getting rushed back up the ladder at this point. Fun fights like the Pettis fight are about the best he can realistically hope for.

Back