Stephen Thompson vs. Nick Diaz

similar to the other thompson and diaz fight.
If Anderson Silva, Robbie Lawler, and Paul Daley, and Carlos Condit, couldn't knock out Nick, I definitely don't see that happening.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-head-kick.gif

11-Nate-Diaz-vs.-Josh-Thomson-3-1.gif

Robbie Lawler isn't a top welterweight? Don't waste my time.

Your reading comprehension isn’t very good. Have you been self-medicating like a Diaz?

Robbie was not a Top 10 Ranked WW when he faced Diaz.

The facts are the facts: Nick Diaz has mostly cans in his win column. Whenever he faced quality fighters he was defeated. Whenever he faced Elite fighters he was dominated.

This is the fight to make

Diaz isn't going to like fighting at Wonderboy's range. If he can back him against the cage though Wonderboy could be in trouble.

Wonderboy UD imo
I agree Clearly the fight to make winner gets Robbie !

People still think Nick is elite? He hasn't won a fight in years.

I actually had this fight in mind while watching Thompson. I'd love to see him in there with any striker, he seems to have the power to KO anyone, as he's the first guy to KO Hendricks.

P.S. love the "Nick Diaz can beat any WW" can he? Well he sure needs to try one of these days because lets face it his ranking and aura are all based on a win 12 years ago and hype that Joe Rogan makes up (OMG He's the best he does triathlons) Nick is the epitome of hype over substance, he's said to be a great boxer but gets out struck and busted the hell up every fight (Boxing isn't just punching) he's said to be a BJJ wizard and has about as many subs in the last decade as Cheik Congo. Nick is an exciting fighter because he goes and puts it all out there, but no, he can't beat "Any WW out there" as evident by the fact he hasn't beaten a WW in 4 years

I would prefer either Nate Diaz vs Stephen Thompson or Nate vs Nick @ WW.

Why is Nick vs anyone in the top 10 mentioned in the same sentence?
Diaz is just not that good.

If he could take it to the ground he would submit Wonderboy. Nick Diaz has a ferocious guard (that he can actually submit black belts from) and a solid top game.

Standing he is competitive with any human. Including Anderson Silva.

Wonderboy could Condit him (out point him over 5 rounds) but if he wants to throw down things could get dangerous for him.

Keep in mind Diaz is getting old, I am not sure how many more Semtex bombs he can withstand before going out cold.

I actually had this fight in mind while watching Thompson. I'd love to see him in there with any striker, he seems to have the power to KO anyone, as he's the first guy to KO Hendricks.

P.S. love the "Nick Diaz can beat any WW" can he? Well he sure needs to try one of these days because lets face it his ranking and aura are all based on a win 12 years ago and hype that Joe Rogan makes up (OMG He's the best he does triathlons) Nick is the epitome of hype over substance, he's said to be a great boxer but gets out struck and busted the hell up every fight (Boxing isn't just punching) he's said to be a BJJ wizard and has about as many subs in the last decade as Cheik Congo. Nick is an exciting fighter because he goes and puts it all out there, but no, he can't beat "Any WW out there" as evident by the fact he hasn't beaten a WW in 4 years

You obviously havnt seen him submit Cyborg (a black belt) and Sakurai (a black belt) from closed guard. very few humans could pull that off in MMA, let alone submission grappling. The man is an astonishingly skilled fighter. I agree he gets hit too much. But lets not forget his jiujitsu is actually his strongest asset.

Back