Stephen Thompson vs Demian Maia should be made.

Christ514

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
What I good fight this would be, great style match up. Would really test Thinpsons TDD and ground game.

At this point, If Maia can't get this to the ground...he's getting KO'ed...If Thompson can't keep this standing...he's sleeping like a baby.

id love to watch maia devour him

What are you talking about??

Either Maia would get knocked out with ease, or Thompson would get subbed with ease.

It wouldn't even be classified as a fight

Stop doing this shit, with matching strikers with wrestlers and grapplers. All it does is ruin what could have been a great scrap, if maia had to test his mettle against an equally talented grappler, and if thompson had to strike with a barboza type. Now THOSE would be good fights.

Rumble vs Manuwa is a perfect example of this proper matchmaking.
No one is going to have their offense neutralised, so we will actually get to see a fight

Felder vs Barboza was another great example

I would like to see both getting fighters with similar styles like:

Thompson: Tatch, Larkin, Masvidal, Erick, Tarec
Maia: Nelson, Bendo, Cathal

What I good fight this would be, great style match up. Would really test Thinpsons TDD and ground game.

While Thompson/Maia is an intriguing matchup, I would rather see Thompson vs. Nelson.

Will be interesting to see how the promotion handles Maia next fight, but is still at Top 6 - 10 fighter in the division. He without question being steered from Lawler, Condit, Hedricks and Woodley for the present.

Thompson wouldn't stand a chance.

Maia is like the best wrestler in the UFC. Not only that, he's also the best grappler.

Maia takes everyone down within like 10 seconds after the fight is started. If Rory can't stop his shot, I doubt Thompson can.

I would like to see both getting fighters with similar styles like:

Thompson: Tatch, Larkin, Masvidal, Erick, Tarec
Maia: Nelson, Bendo, Cathal

This except it would be weird if Cathal somehow got a Maia matchup right now.

I'd much rather see Maia fight Gunny.

Don't want to see it. We know what Maia is. He'll never be champ, but he can beat a buy that could be. Thompson is young & exciting. Keep him away from Maia

I love Thompson but I think Maia wins that fight pretty quickly. I think Tiago Alves has been talking about moving down to 155 but I think Thompson/Alves at 170 would be great. Someone should make him that offer it would be a good fight & I think Alves would be interested.

Thompsons wrestling is getting better. Maia would get tooled standing and finished.

What are you talking about??

Either Maia would get knocked out with ease, or Thompson would get subbed with ease.

It wouldn't even be classified as a fight

Stop doing this shit, with matching strikers with wrestlers and grapplers. All it does is ruin what could have been a great scrap, if maia had to test his mettle against an equally talented grappler, and if thompson had to strike with a barboza type. Now THOSE would be good fights.

Rumble vs Manuwa is a perfect example of this proper matchmaking.
No one is going to have their offense neutralised, so we will actually get to see a fight

Felder vs Barboza was another great example

I personally like the idea of Maia vs Thompson and I've been lobbying for it since Thompson beat the 'berger.

I like matchups that have style contrast. It brings out the 'game' of MMA.

Just because you have two strikers or two ground guys doesn't guarantee a good fight. If you're champ and "the best in the world" you're expected to fight all styles so why avoid them before becoming champ?

It seems Demian Maia is still improving giving his last fight, his takedowns are so smooth, so precise, so well timed, and once he gets you on the mat it

"Thinpson" gets grapple fucked. Make Nelson vs Maia FFS, both of them want it.

Maia will drag Wonderboy to the ground & dominate him until his nick name turns to wonderbra.

It's interesting that people aren't interested in seeing the fighters test themselves in MMA elements that aren't their base element.

Back