Stephen Smith is a dork and most of you should be ashamed

DanaWhitesButler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do we need another Stephen Smith thread? Probably not. But I almost never create threads, so here we fucking go.

I didn't even know who this dork was before the broadcast. Apparently he is a big deal in sports where people throw balls around fields, playing grab ass (or to use Nate's expression, "touchbutt"). Okay, no big deal. It's a sign of MMA going further mainstream, which is good. But then this fucking dweeb with no knowledge of MMA and no fight experience himself calls Cowboy Cerrone a quitter. Excuse me? This is wrong on a few levels and some of you guys are getting a few of your facts wrong.

First, Cowboy's orbital bone and nose were broken. Almost everyone will fold in that situation. Being unable to continue because your face and head are fucked is totally different than quitting because you don't want to be in there.

Second, this is not a game for pussies. So, calling people quitters, cowards, etc., is a little more pathetic and out of touch than saying the same about people throwing balls around, running, jumping, swimming, etc. Some of you fuckers are backing this guy. I can only assume you a) hate Cerrone, b) hate Conor so bad you won't give him any credit, c) hate Rogan, d) actually like this punk ass bitch for some reason I can't fathom. I also see in threads, "wahhh why are MMA fans so sensitive". I honestly don't give a fuck and Cerrone probably doesn't either. But this is a discussion forum, and if you all insist on asking the question, I'm going to call Stephens out as a huge out-of-touch loser for criticizing someone in such a disrespectful manner when he obviously has no clue what being a fighter is about or what it's like. But if he wants to keep outting himself as a douchebag pathetic loser by continuing to talk about fighters this way, go for it, man. I don't care. You're just making yourself look pathetic.

Third, ESPN and the UFC are not going to give a shit about the Rogan and Stephens beef at all. If anything, they'll love it, as it will draw just a few more viewers. They don't need everyone on staff to love each other. The more drama the better.

Fourth, and finally, Cowboy is Joe's friend. You should backup your friends. Period.

I was surprised so many of you are backing Stephens up when he's clearly a dweeb with no fighting or athletic ability, calling fighters quitters with no heart. Then, I realized this is Sherdog, and it made perfect sense that most of you identify with him.

I will add a TLDR for some of you, because I have a feeling there's a lot of overlap in the venn diagram of people who are backing smith and those who lack the attention span necessary to read a couple paragraphs.

TLDR; Stephens is wrong and you should be ashamed because Cerrone was seriouslyu injured, Stephens hasn't a clue about fighting, ESPN and UFC won't care (or may love the rivalry) with Rogan, and Rogan and Cowboy are friends. Also, most of us don't give a shit and we're here out of boredom and not "triggered" or "sensitive"

giphy.gif

Weird because I keep hitting refresh and the fucking cliffs aren't loading.

All the chatter knocking Cerrone is not really about Cerrone.

Pretty sure after Kobe died that Rogan isn't even on Smith's radar right now, and vice versa.

Weird because I keep hitting refresh and the fucking cliffs aren't loading.
ok, here you go:
"Blah blah f-bomb f-bomb, blah blah blah dumbass, blah blah blah douchebag, f-bomb blah blah blah blah blah loser f-bomb f-bomb blah f-bomb."

Your welcome.

Mofos out here writing bible verses. Cause Stephen A Smith dug in Rogans ass. Lmao

Everyone knows Cowboy's a mentally weak fighter, and I'm saying this when comparing him to the rest of the UFC fighters. Miesha Tate and Paige VanZant has shown more heart. The fight was so bad it was to the point where people actually thought it was fixed. People are pissed at SAS not because they disagree with his comments (unless you're new to MMA), but because the thought it was rude and he shouldn't say it. Well guess what, fighting in front of an audience is the fighter's job (hence the name 'fighter'), that's how they get paid, the media is entitled to their opinion to everything that happens in the cage. Attacking their personal life though, that should be off limits in the broadcast.

TLDR; Stephens is wrong and you should be ashamed because Cerrone was seriouslyu injured, Stephens hasn't a clue about fighting, ESPN and UFC won't care (or may love the rivalry) with Rogan, and Rogan and Cowboy are friends. Also, most of us don't give a shit and we're here out of boredom and not "triggered" or "sensitive"
TLDR was too long I didn’t read it
TLDR^2: Stephens is wrong, UFC don't care, and we don't either.

TLDR^3 is currently in progress.

Back