Stephen or Rogan, who do you side with?

Stephen, I think criticizing a fighter's performance in the cage is part of the business and something a fighter should accept (their personal life should be offlimits though). And Cowboy has consistently shown a weak mental game so it's not like it's an outrageous call or anything.

Rogan got mogged by an A-level analyst who is used to covering A-level sports. It's understandable he'll be shook.
Needs an ayahuasca trip in the float tank to recover imo

Wait...

Stephen thompson pretty much called Joe a manlet right to his face at 3:38.

"How does it feel to stand in the middle of those guys and look up at each of them" watch how he mimicks having to look way up. Savage!

Do you think anybody “quits” in there?

I think it can happen, but sometimes people get so shut down that they look like they're quitting. Fighting Khabib pretty much makes everybody look like a quitter for example. Do I think those people are all quitters? No.

Smith. He was just stating the obvious. You don't need to look good hitting pads to do that. Besides, the guy has experience calling boxing and probably some other combat sports.

You typically have an expert announcer who does the play-by-play and technical analysis, like Rogan, and a general sports broadcaster who does color, and doesn't have to be a super expert because he has a personality that normal people can relate to. I don't want to listen to three Joe Rogans calling a fight.

addendum: And if MMA fighters categorically can NEVER be called quitters, then that would make MMA literally the only sport on planet earth where none of the competitors get called out for quitting. Quitting is part of human psychology, and it happens everywhere all the time, especially in sports. How many times have you heard about teams not "showing up" to a game, or not "wanting it enough", or players not having heart, phoning it in, etc.? Those are all different ways of calling players a quitter. Nevermind all the times they explicitly get called actual quitters. Why is MMA special?

Last edited:
Stephen A.
This is what happens when you put someone with integrity alongside dick riders and shills.

I love how Rogan went full tough guy. The cliche “this guy doesn’t train so he needs to shut the fuck up about fighting” Shut the fuck up joe. Actually Stephen has been analyzing boxing for awhile FYI

Stephen A is a cunt, but everyone is allowed to criticize fighters, and stephen A wasnt even wrong in his assessment

Rogans analysis is just "everyone is the best ever"

Rogan is 5'4, its like he's talking to his dad so of course he's wrong and his argument is invalid

Rogan.
I haven’t been on Sherdog in a while and for a dedicated MMA forum I forgot what complete fucking morons the majority of you guys are.

Stephen A is a professional hack who literally does not know what he is watching, but knows how to sound like he does - if his listeners are complete fucking morons.

I’d like to keep this guy as far away from MMA as possible, but sadly if you guys are any indication it isn’t going to happen.

If only it was the first time he got squashed like that.

And after getting squashed he at least could have looked a little disappointed in himself instead of smiling and hugging his assailant like a clown who was happy enough with his pay day and participation trophy.
<{clintugh}>

It's hard to be disappointed when when you get a massive payday, even if you just got your ass kicked. But whatever, it's obvious that this is not really about Cowboy at all.

I have no possible idea how anyone could be on Joe's side in this....Joe made himself look like a fucking baby.

Rogan.
I haven’t been on Sherdog in a while and for a dedicated MMA forum I forgot what complete fucking morons the majority of you guys are.

Stephen A is a professional hack who literally does not know what he is watching, but knows how to sound like he does - if his listeners are complete fucking morons.

I’d like to keep this guy as far away from MMA as possible, but sadly if you guys are any indication it isn’t going to happen.

Well there is a good reason for that. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

He certainly sounded like he knew what he was watching, knew more than he was talking about than the apparent "experts" and "MMA fans" who seem to think fighters should be void of any criticism, and pushing back against fake narratives is a no no.....

Stehpen A is literally given millions and millions of dollars to commentate on sports exactly how he does....He brings shit tons of attention to sports no matter if you agree or disagree with what he's saying. He's really good for MMA....

MMA right now, is getting more attention simply because Stephen A was involved in commentating on a big fight. The story is not that Stephen A said something completely wrong, or stupid. He opinion was totally valid. The story is how a bunch a fucking giant babies in the MMA community are reacting to his take on the fight. They are actually arguing that there should be a different level of sensitivity towards their sport and you can't criticize someone for a bad performance. It's hilarious.

And the truth is that's not even why the attacks from Joe and the MMA media lapdogs are coming. It's coming because Stephen A completely ruined the fake narrative the UFC and Joe were trying to push about the fight. That this proved how incredible Conor is and we learned so much.

Well the very valid counter to that narrative is that Conor fought for 40 seconds against a past prime fighter who consistently folds in big fights and we didn't learn much......

And instead of just accepting that perfectly valid point of view, Joe and some of you reacted like total babies....

Neither, Rogan is a shill and Smith is a cunt that would've been negative no matter what the outcome.

Stephen A doesn’t know anything about MMA. Totally unqualified, He might as well be giving the weather. Did he share his opinion? Yes. Do some people agree with His analysis? Yes.

But I for one do not want look forward to seeing or hearing him analyze MMA. His whole shtick is creating controversy. It’s like watching bad reality tv. Totally fake bs.

Look bro, as much as you don't agree with somebody or they dont know jack sht about your sport, they have the right to their opinion

Casuals gon' casual, let them be. Sometimes they may even be right cuz they can see things from a distance

Back