stephen hawkin warns of artificial intelligence

again, computers cannot "create" anything. you have to have an intelligent and curious mind to create.

what makes a program better? less lines of code? less errors? this is hardly what we call AI as far as sci-fi goes

what programs can do is assess and learn when given a goal.

If you teach a program how to play chess and then give it unlimited scenarios to assess and test, it will, on its own learn which is gives the best outcome. No person has to be able to play as good a game of chess to teach the computer, as it can learn that on its own. meaning it can exceed the specific knowledge of its programmer in that area by assessing the information it can access and using its computing power to employ it.

So do not limit yourself to thinking a computer cannot adapt and exceed the limits of the man programming it a specific area.

So if instead of chess what if a programmer was going to create a program that's sole goal was to subjugate man. Could a future program in a very connected world adapt and use the connectivity of a future world against us?

then fucking prove me ignorant.... oh wait, you can't because your whole position is based out of ignorance

you see AI on some movie and think, oh well a movie can make it real it must be real

again, how much more SELF AWARE is the MOST POWERFUL COMPUTER on earth right now? how much more is it than a trs-80 i had in 1984????

ZERO

sorry i am not going to be ignorant and believe your shit argument. if you want to project your psychosis on other people become a transgender.

again, with making things that fly, we started off with probably a kite and even old renaissance dudes had plans for a crude helicopter

you can use physics/science to see what shape and power/thrust and etc is needed to life an object in the air

WHAT are the specifications to make a real AI? I call AI something that can be self aware and genuinely create and understand that it exists???

go ahead, get some ideas out there? oh wait, you have none once again but yap how i am ignorant. lol.

even making a ship that can fly at the speed of light would be easier than making true AI as we can use physics to see what options we had

we will make a black hole event horizon style to fold space/time before we make true AI

now, you done got served and apparently you can't dance back

/sonned

lol.

before the first day of flight and EVERY SINGLE technological development Warrior Poet states none of them are possible and prove him wrong by showing it can be done before it is done.

And as every day goes by and another thing he said was impossible is achieved he then points at the next one and says 'but that one is impossible, prove it is not'.

wow you are painfully dumb in your view that nothing is achievable UNTIL it is achieved and the proof is you cannot do it before it achieved. :redface:

All scientists, philosophers should come to sherdong as a few members seem to have it all figured out.

i wouldnt listen to that Hawking dude, he looks retarded

Ya know what fellas? This reminds me.

There was a time, not too long ago, (25 years ago) when folks (music professionals, teachers, industry pioneers) were all saying that synthesizer sounds were going to replace real instruments. The sounds would sound exactly alike or perhaps even better. It wasn't even a controversial statement. At the rate they were going, it sure was true!* But then-- it wasn't at all.
And now, it has never been less true

And those are just synth sounds. Think about that

-----

*(listen to the horn intro in "The Final Countdown" for one of the examples to see what I mean)

Although synth never replaced real instruments, sound engineering has evolved significantly and is now incredibly important in complimenting and building on traditional instruments. Synth was just the first step of modern sound engineering.

AI will be the same. It will not supersede human intelligence, it will merge with, compliment and build on human intelligence.

Anyways, people keep on looking at it through the paradigm of current programming (i.e. the 0-1, traditional transistor, on/off programming). New physical architecture for AI is currently being conceptualized and designed by people like Jeff Hawkins at Numenta (their approach is RADICALLY different from companies like Google, although IBM has adopted some of their principles and applied them as software). Numenta already has a functioning software AI called GROK which is used by Amazon to detect and fix server errors. The co-founder of Numenta has broken off and is tackling AI from a slightly different perspective (I think the company is Vicarious?).

This is a pretty decent read about Jeff Hawkins and Numenta. His book On Intelligence is mandatory reading for anyone interested in AI.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/29/hawkins_ai_feature/

Here are the papers on his Cortical Learning Algorithms for anyone interested in the details.
http://numenta.com/assets/pdf/white...mory-cortical-learning-algorithm-0.2.1-en.pdf

There is definitely a ways to go, but there is so much money in creating real AI that it's a sure fire thing that it will eventually happen.

howard-wolowitz.jpg

Or robotic hands

I don't like how sheepish are in the face of technology and its marketing. Kids, have some b*lls, talk back to the advertising that says "you need this" once in a while. Rainman needed movies on a train, the normal people did not. Normal people interacted. Don't let them sell you autism because they can and you won't talk back.

I love when you post a topic like this on sherdog where 80% of posters are actually retarded

This.

At least the rise of artificial intelligence would mean a rise in intelligence. TS doesn't even spell Hawking's name right, FFS.

Back