stephen hawkin warns of artificial intelligence

Eh, I'm sure that even after the great Robot war, liberals will still be saying how backwards we were for using "computers" like "machines" (excuse my language, those are a derogatory term in the future. They prefer the terms anorganic and "software-enhanced persons".), and demand reparations for them.

Also, it won't be fair that they have to go to a seperate robot room to discharge spent oil and fuel cells. Liberals will be arguing that our trans-friendly pedo-welcoming bestiality-encompassed public restrooms should be expanded to include them.

Too many selfish and spiteful assholes for it not to be destruction.

Indeed. It's easier to wipe everything out and start anew, but it's not as meaningful and doubtful if the new would be better than the old. Hell, everything can be destroyed just for the sake of annihilation and watching shit burn. Things can evolve or be modified without the need to wipe something out that doesn't "work" or can't fulfill a task as successfully anymore. Better to be a careful gardener than a careless reaper.

I am all in favor of our creation of machine gods who will replace us.

Bring it.

Btw, Vernor Vinge has put out a couple of excellent hard sci fi novels on this subject. As well as some that suck. Buyer be warned.

Eh, I'm sure that even after the great Robot war, liberals will still be saying how backwards we were for using "computers" like "machines" (excuse my language, those are a derogatory term in the future. They prefer the terms anorganic and "software-enhanced persons".), and demand reparations for them.

Also, it won't be fair that they have to go to a seperate robot room to discharge spent oil and fuel cells. Liberals will be arguing that our trans-friendly pedo-welcoming bestiality-encompassed public restrooms should be expanded to include them.

you got some issues you know that

Hawking thinks human beings are nothing more than biological machines; most people disagree so most won't care.

Once AI become self-aware and self-adapting, there would be literally no use for humanity left. In fact, I suspect we would be wiped off the map quite quickly if AI saw humans as unnecessary or even threatening to its existence. We are possibly only a decade or two away before AI achieve singularity.

I actually posted a topic about it a few months back, but most didn't seem too worried for some reason.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f4...gularity-blessing-doomsday-long-read-2644511/
AI could also be dictated. I mean, the whole real threat of AI is that AI is basically god incarnate. "It" can do whatever it wants when it can "think". Since the universe is just particles, if AI could find a way to do something like telekinetically manipulate those particles at will then it most assuredly will.

Unhindered by silly human mental limitations, finding a way to genetically engineer an army of Saorse Ronan sex slaves is a walk in the park.

And so is blowing up the universe. All in the same to a machine lolz.

You ever read George Orwell's novel, 'nineteen eighty-four'?

That guy knew we were screwed a long time ago.

That's because he knew everything that comes from the top is used for power. There is no group at the top looking out for the best interests of the common people. They care about increasing their power over people to no end.

Hawking thinks human beings are nothing more than biological machines; most people disagree so most won't care.

This reminded me of a quote from Tesla:

To me the universe is simply a marvelous mechanism, and the most complex forms of human life, as human beings, are nothing else but automatic engines, controlled by external influence. Through incessant observation I have so convinced myself of the truth of this that I cannot perform any act or even conceive a thought without locating at once the external stimulus that prompted it.

This reminded me of a quote from Tesla:

The downfall of free will may be too large a jump for humankind to take at the moment, though many have certainly, with good reason, mustered to its defense.

It wouldn't be the first time people have invented something that seemed great at first and turned out detrimental. A lot of weapons, drugs, fucking hot pockets and diet soda all show that people just invent shit and then let the chips fall, it's just a matter of whether you think the benefits or convenience outweigh the bad.

Yeah diet soda really is a menace....

Yeah diet soda really is a menace....

One of the architects of the Iraq war helped push through aspartame while on the FDA.

It may or may not be bad for you.

Hawking seems quite leery of very advanced technology. His belief we should avoid alien contact at all costs comes quickly to mind.

I'm not entirely sure he is incorrect. At a certain point, we start toying and tinkering with things that we don't understand, and can't fully appreciate.

A historian would also agree that superior cultures coming into contact with a less advanced one rarely goes well for the latter. Not for a few hundred years at least.

Back