Stephen A's response, to Rogan response of his response from Rogan reaction to his original comments

Tl;Dr he's just a typical boomer who would rather die than admit he's wrong.

He'd rather write a novel talking himself out of an apology for hours than to just say "sorry I spoke out of line, I didn't really know what I was talking about."

No, you don't know what you are watching. You are in over your head and unqualified. You might know boxing, but MMA is a whole different animal.

Ariel is shilling for SAS? He is calling the face of ESPN THE FACE OF ESPN. Whether you like him or not trying to pretend he is nobody makes you look slow.

"But to me i wasnt covering the UFC or the sport of MMA. I was covering that fight in particular. And i know what im watching"

I don't agree with this. He says he knows what he's watching and then says Cowboy didn't know what to do off Conors failed haymaker. Completely disregards the knee Conor landed with him whole body moving forward and Cowboy dropping down at the same time. Real time it didn't look like much but it in the slomo you can see the knee landed right on Cowboys temple and we've seen guys staggered from less shots. Even Cowboys footwork gets a little wonky after eating the knee.

Then after the shoulder strikes Cowboy resets, throws a nice headkick that Conor blocks. Conor throws a left headkick but you can see Cowboy shift his hands down anticipating a liver kick, he then eats a headkick to the chin. He wobbles bad then is stuck against the fence with a fresh Conor that smelled blood.

That wasn't quitting, he caught a knee early, underestimated those strikes in the clinch, then got headkicked anticipating a liver kick.

Only truths. Stephen A bless. We all know what really happened there, he doesn't even need to tell us the obvious.

Last edited:
Fucking clown has such an overinflated sense of self-importance.
How? We have been talking about him for a week now. The threads with Stephen A Smith are doing big numbers. There are 28 users viewing this thread as I type this, and you are/were one of them. LOL

Stephen A Smith is not delusional. He has an ability to make people pay attention to his opinions. This is why ESPN is paying him more than many of the athletes that he covers. LOL

smith, regardless of the tool he is, he's right. He's criticising why Cowboy folded and that Mcg didn't do enough to say that he can beat khabib or Jorge.

i don't like Smith one bit, but i respect the guy for standing to his statement and not retracting.

This has become quite comical, I think it's over now that SAS walked back the quitting part. Maybe Joe responds, we're talking about massive egos here so you never know.

SAS is an idiot. Assuming the broken nose and orbital bone are legit, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, then what in the heck do people think Cerrone was going to do? Couple that with brain rattle from the kick and that fight was over no matter what. Is Cerrone "over the hill"? Probably. Should he think hard on retirement? Probably. Is he a quitter? No. Just No.

Stephen A keeping it real. Can't stand the guy but he's garnered my respect by standing up to all these UFC supershills
Except he cannot stand people who stand up to him. He is one of thee worst people to watch on ESPN. He is the heel of ESPN especially when he opens his mouth about boxing.

How? We have been talking about him for a week now. The threads with Stephen A Smith are doing big numbers. There are 28 users viewing this thread as I type this, and you are/were one of them. LOL

Stephen A Smith is not delusional. He has an ability to make people pay attention to his opinions. This is why ESPN is paying him more than many of the athletes that he covers. LOL

I don’t watch his debate show. Sometimes I will catch clips of certain topics I like. But he’s not informed. All he does is make sweeping generalizations and yell a lot. I don’t find him entertaining at all. Those debate shows have a very niche audience. They are on at like 10 o’clock in the morning when everybody is at work. It’s not like they have some big live audience. At best the small audience DVR’s it and watches bits and pieces later. People are not watching ESPN because of Stephen a Smith. They are watching ESPN because they love sports.

So SAS apologizes for calling Cowboy a quitter. That was Rogan's main sticking point.

Both guys like and respect each other.

Now this 'spat' can end.

For the love of god.

Hes not wrong, cerrone looked like an amateur that shouldn't of been in there.. embarrassing.

All of that was pretty reasonable. MMA fans are sensitive wannabe tough guys so they are triggered over a sportscaster ripping a fighter.

Stephen comes across a lot more reasonable in print. His schtick is pretty simple. Say things that are on the edge of indefensible / defensible, but use such a shitlord tone that anyone with a brain will think you are communicating the indefensible position. Then when criticized, try to claim the absolute most defensible interpretation of the words you said previously without accounting for any of the tone or context.

And stupid ass sports fans eat it the fuck up.
This is exactly it, 100%. He's certainly a clown; but he's a smart clown who knows what he's doing and how to garner attention.

There are a lot of times when he says something that isn't all that off-base, but he just says it loudly and obnoxiously, and the tone and bull-headedness more so than the actual point is what really rustles the jimmies. He never goes too far in one direction that he can't morph his original statements into something more reasonable to diffuse things. It's best not to get worked up about him haha.

Oh no! Somebody said something bad about a fighter! Let’s all gang up on him because he never wore a Gi!!

MMA fans are so sensitive.

This is exactly it, 100%. He's certainly a clown; but he's a smart clown who knows what he's doing and how to garner attention.

There are a lot of times when he says something that isn't all that off-base, but he just says it loudly and obnoxiously, and the tone and bull-headedness more so than the actual point is what really rustles the jimmies. He never goes too far in one direction that he can't morph his original statements into something more reasonable to diffuse things. It's best not to get worked up about him haha.
Nah I think he meant exactly what he said. In short Cowboy looked like he had no business in there and folded like a cheap tent. Now he is giving a lengthy explanation when he doesnt have to in order to keep peace. That's as far in one direction as you can go shy of saying FIX

Back