Media Stephen A Smith Responds to Rogan - [Conor McGregor Enters The Chat]

giphy.gif

Stephen A. might be the dumbest human alive.

How he is employed to analyse or talk about anything is a mystery.

I don't see why he is getting criticized. It is registered that when ever a big opportunity was in front of cowboy, he quit big time.

Folding like a cheap tent disrespectful? Sure... but it was also accurate. Cowboy folded like a cheap tent, CM was the wind that caused it.

I do not believe that Cowboy is incapable of making a fight with Conor more competitive than a sub-30 second folding. Therefore I think he underwhelmed, under-performed and did poorly. Conor capitalized on it like he should have.

SAS isn't there for respectful analysis. That isn't what he's known for. He's known for: hyperbole, bombtastic statements, inflammatory analysis, etc.

If he is hired to be a loudmouthed fuckwit then fair enough. He did his job.

If you say his job is pretty much to be disrespectful to fighters then maybe don't argue so hard that he wasn't.

Stephan A is right on the money.

He is good for the sport. He is the most well known and popular sports pundit going.

Joe is right because you don’t understand the sport..

You talk shit about Cowboy like well a Sherdogger..

If he is hired to be a loudmouthed fuckwit then fair enough. He did his job.

If you say his job is pretty much to be disrespectful to fighters then maybe don't argue so hard that he wasn't.

The guy bashed athletes from other sports as well. Don’t take things so personal.

Variety sports analysts shouldn't be a thing. These guys generally have 1 or 2 sports of expertise yet dip their toes into everything and usually end up coming off as completely moronic. Him and Skip Bayless man... I remember Skip just repeating "40 years old!" Over and over again when talking about why Mayweather would lose to Conor lol.

It's fine for them to watch the big events and get excited about it but to be arguing about it on live tv when they have no idea what they are talking about...
I couldn’t agree more man you can’t be an anylist on every sport no one can. I don’t mind them previewing and predicting and discussing but come on don’t start becoming a sports anylist on 8 different sports and breaking down fights of what you thought went wrong and why when you know nothing about the mechanics

Stephen A. was right the whole time though. I hadn't been keeping up with this whole exchange, but I just listened to the post fight interview with Joe and Stephen A.

I think Joe's criticism of Stephen A. was more harsh than Stephen a's of Cowboy. While he may be right that Stephen A. isn't an expert compared to Joe or others in MMA, but he's not clueless and didn't appear so. If anything this shows how bad of a match up this was all along.

Cowboy in his first PPV Match LOL. Oh my God he said that again. He’s showing how stupid he is on the topic yet again.

Okay? Or maybe for people that like to listen to people that know what they are talking about? What is Smith your boyfriend or something?
No but I like people with their own opinions not corporate shills. U little crybaby.

Rogan is 100% correct and Stephen A. has never been anything more than a loud mouthed unlikable blow hard. And to top it off he doesn't know shit about MMA. Rogan has forgotten more than Steven A. will ever know about it.
I'd really like to see them meet in the octagon and Rogan shut his loud ass mouth permanently, but I'm sure the worldwide leader would never allow that to happen.

I just can't understand any surprise over the result

Some of us have been watching Cowboy blow it in the big fights since the WEC days. I had no expectations whatsoever for Cowboy going into that fight.
A good percentage of us were saying he folds under the pressure of a big fight.

Stephen A exposed Rogan as a yes man. Stephen A has an opinion. Joe tells you what Dana wants him to say.

He’s also saying that we basically needed to see Conor McGregor in a war to know if he could beat his next couple of opponents. That’s not how fighting works. No fighter goes into a fight looking to get into a war. The object is always to get out of there safely and quickly.

SAS's problem is he's used to covering real sports where you're allowed to offer honest analysis and critique rather than pseudosports where your job is to shill and push narrative. Give him time guys jeez, he's still new to the complicated world of "sports entertainment"

He's 100% right.
He said that cerrone didn't show up, he simply folded after a few shoulder shots.
Dan Hardy said the same thing.
Rogan is just ufc shill.

Back