Stephen A. Smith did a surprisingly good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fight analysis by Stephen A. Was impresssd with his knowledge. He’s a welcome addition.

I know people don't like Stephen A but he was restrained and stayed in his lane. He wasnt bad at all despite the complainers. And ESPN analysts like him SHOULD be more interested in MMA and learn how to observe the game.

I was surprised as supposedly he has been fucking up his football knowledge and takes recently. Talking about players being a factor in an upcoming game when they've been injured the whole year, calling major stars by the wrong name, etc. Somebody made sure that he was at least competent in this UFC debut. As a whole, Smith is sort of like Brendan Schaub in that 80% of the time he is spewing bullshit but 20% of the time he hits the nail squarely on the head.

i dont care for him, but i will admit that he didnt do or say anything that annoyed me/made me cringe.

just give him enough time, though.

stephen-a-smith.jpg

25 years in the game reporting on real sports. You don't get any more A-Level than this.

The UFC just got much more prestigious.

Plus the hate he gets is hilarious.

greg hardy supposed a level athlete gassed out after 1 round against somebody nobody knew,let that sink in

he gets hated because all he does is racebait

I can't stand him because he spouts off at the mouth and lots of the time he has no clue what he is saying. He forgets what players are on what teams, who is injured and is more about reaction than given a real opinion. The sad part is he is way better than Max Kellerman who is a gigantic douche.

First time I saw him. What is his background? Skipped trough most of the talking stuff but he seemed humble enough to not being annoying.

He’s a sports analyst on ESPN, think he started with basketball. He’s top notch, industry standard.

The hate some people gave him was ridiculous. He did a solid job.

He's the goat, hope they get him to commentate PPV in the future.

He has been around MMA for a long time, people just dont realize that.

He’s a good speaker but he doesn’t know the game well. It’s good for casuals who don’t have time to digest the game but just need a quick summary to get into it. Fighting is one of the sports where everyone has an opinion even though not many practiced it

greg hardy supposed a level athlete gassed out after 1 round against somebody nobody knew,let that sink in
Nobody who knows anything about the NFL thinks Greg Hardy is an A level athlete...

Hes the goat
they need to get back skip bayless back so we can have some insightful debates about the fights
Skip Bayless may be the worst sports analyst of all time. Mike Goldberg >>> Skip Bayless. His show with Shannon Sharpe is unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back