Stephen A Smith addresses infamous hitting mits video: "I had jacked up shoulders"

Sometimes guys just get run over, doesn't mean they quit.
I never said that but I can say honestly I see why people say it looks like he gave up and or it was a fix and I've been watching since 99. Not saying it was. Just looked like it

Why not just laugh it off and say he’s not an athlete let alone a fighter/boxer and he was just doing it for fun, exercise.

which would be acceptable explanation

I never said that but I can say honestly I see why people say it looks like he gave up and or it was a fix and I've been watching since 99. Not saying it was. Just looked like it

That's the difference though you know it looks weird but you understand why due to knowledge of the sport SAS has no knowledge of the sport so he thinks Cerrone really just quit rather than getting hurt early and ran over by a guy who has a style that Cerrone has had trouble with throughout his career.

Why not just laugh it off and say he’s not an athlete let alone a fighter/boxer and he was just doing it for fun, exercise.

which would be acceptable explanation

I think the reason Rogan has an issue with it is cause SAS is popular and mainstream when it comes to sports and he doesn't want him to be misinforming a bunch of new fans.

That's the difference though you know it looks weird but you understand why due to knowledge of the sport SAS has no knowledge of the sport so he thinks Cerrone really just quit rather than getting hurt early and ran over by a guy who has a style that Cerrone has had trouble with throughout his career.
That is a full blown falsehood. Listen to what he said on Ariel's show. It is about identical to what I would say. The guy has been a big fan since UFC 44.He knows exactly what he is seeing. He is a 25 year expert in commentating on what he is seeing for the love of God. Some of you think Stephen A. is some weird mutant incapable of speaking on what he saw until he gets his "UFC training". The truth is neither you nor I can really speak on what we saw better. Only more technical.

That is a full blown falsehood. Listen to what he said on Ariel's show. It is about identical to what I would say. The guy has been a big fan since UFC 44.He knows exactly what he is seeing. He is a 25 year expert in commentating on what he is seeing for the love of God. Some of you think Stephen A. is some weird mutant incapable of speaking on what he saw until he gets his "UFC training". The truth is neither you nor I can really speak on what we saw better. Only more technical.

I've heard him talk about MMA, he does not know what he is seeing most of the time. He's better than Gus Johnson was but that's not really saying much. Just cause he's talked about other sports for 25 years doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about in MMA.

I think the reason Rogan has an issue with it is cause SAS is popular and mainstream when it comes to sports and he doesn't want him to be misinforming a bunch of new fans.
He didnt misinform anyone.. Cowboy folded like a cheap tent and it looked like a fix even though it possibly may not have been. He isnt misinforming. You are just use to the only authority to speak being paid UFC workers who cant call a spade a spade. He doesnt work for the UFC and has no need to mince words. That is awesome

He didnt misinform anyone.. Cowboy folded like a cheap tent and it looked like a fix even though it possibly may not have been. He isnt misinforming. You are just use to the only authority to speak being paid UFC workers who cant call a spade a spade. He doesnt work for the UFC and has no need to mince words. That is awesome

Possibly may not have been? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, that's what i'm talking about, it wasn't fixed, SAS doesn't know what he's talking about and shouldn't be covering MMA. I don't just watch UFC either so you're way off base on your assumption there.

I've heard him talk about MMA, he does not know what he is seeing most of the time. He's better than Gus Johnson was but that's not really saying much. Just cause he's talked about other sports for 25 years doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about in MMA.
Horseshit. His breakdown of that fight was more intelligent than any breakdown I've seen Goldie give THE ENTIRE TIME HE WAS ON THE PAYROLL. He is an EXPERT on saying what he sees just not technically versed

I hate idiots who can’t ever admit they are wrong or be humble. What a joke SAS is

Horseshit. His breakdown of that fight was more intelligent than any breakdown I've seen Goldie give THE ENTIRE TIME HE WAS ON THE PAYROLL. He is an EXPERT on saying what he sees just not technically versed

No, He's Gus Johnson all over again only louder and more obnoxious, just cause he's covered ball sports for 20 years doesn't make him any sort of expert on MMA. It didn't work with Gus and it's not working with SAS.

Possibly may not have been? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, that's what i'm talking about.
I have no clue what is or isnt in that regard and neither do you. . I just call it how I see. The fight looked suspect but may just be Cowboy is that washed and folded and not a fix. That's called objectivity Sir. You get your ass the fuck out of here

I have no clue what is or isnt. I just call it how I see. The fight looked suspect but may just be Cowboy is that washed and folded and not a fix. That's called objectivity Sir. You get your ass the fuck out of here

You said may not have been fixed implying you think the fight was fixed, that's not really objective when Cerrone has lost in the first round many times and Conor has multiple first round finishes.

It also ignores the fact that Cerrone tends to start slow, has trouble with southpaws and Conor is a fast starter and that Cerrone is on a losing streak.

Stop trying to justify SAS' bullshit, he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's a professional clown that's payed to say absurd things, that's his whole shtick or gimmick or whatever you want to call it.

You should be able to punch better than that even if you had Cain's injuries.

You said may not have been fixed implying you think the fight was fixed, that's not really objective when Cerrone has lost in the first round many times and Conor has multiple first round finishes. It also ignores the fact that Cerrone tends to start slow, has trouble with southpaws and Conor is a fast starter.
I didnt imply shit. It may have been a fix and it may not have been. I dont know. Sure looks like Cowboy had no biz in there, refused to take a hand-me take-down and folded quickly. Please Sir dont put anything in my mouth. When men start putting things near my mouth I get flashbacks of Alcatraz. J/k

I didnt imply shit. It may have been a fix and it may not have been. I dont know. Sure looks like Cowboy had no biz in there, refused to take a hand-me take-down and folded quickly. Please Sir dont put anything in my mouth. When men start putting things near my mouth I get flashbacks of Alcatraz. J/k

Saying a fight possibly might not have been fixed is implying you think it likely was fixed. Is English your second language or something?

No, He's Gus Johnson all over again only louder and more obnoxious, just cause he's covered ball sports for 20 years doesn't make him any sort of expert on MMA. It didn't work with Gus and it's not working with SAS.
Too be fair, from how Cerrone usually fights and preforms his performance was pathetic. He froze like a deer in the headlights, more knowledgable fans know it's because he can't handle having so much pressure and Conor hits like a fucking truck.
Cerrone got blown out of the water and left his fans feeling disappointed like he did against RDA. SAS seems naive to who Cerrone actually is aside from the stats

Saying a fight might not have been fixed is implying you think it likely was fixed. Is English your second language or something?
No actually it isnt. It is saying I understand the fight may look suspect but objectively Cowboy just may need to hang Em up. You desperately want FIX to be my position for some reason. How about you let me tell you what my position is and when I do so keep it moving

Too be fair, from how Cerrone usually fights and preforms his performance was pathetic. He froze like a deer in the headlights, more knowledgable fans know it's because he can't handle having so much pressure and Conor hits like a fucking truck.
Cerrone got blown out of the water and left his fans feeling disappointed like he did against RDA. SAS seems naive to who Cerrone actually is aside from the stats
That is your analysis of the fight and mine is it was pathetic. He folded as he does in huge fights only exponentially worse and if that's the best he can do at this point he should hang them up. Or if it was a fix take his diving act to the Olympics

Back