Stephan Kesting, this is plain wrong (three ways to escape any submission app)

I like the way he classified them into 3 stages of the submissions.

Obviously, teaching the escape of a late stage of submission is NOT ideal and you will prefer telling the students to use escapes for the first 2 stages.

But those escapes do exist and it is good to teach them.

For example, the hitchhiker escape is a good example of an arm bar escape when you are fully locked on.

I fully agree armbars...

I think Rage could most definitely tap Keating with a full locked RNC. it's not like kesting is some legendary conpetitor

thanks for the support bro, but lets not talk about stephan skills (I know you didnt mean to downplayed his skills or anything, but things could get missunderstood, like I said, I ahve mad respects towards him, hes legit, and Im no one...)

I fully agree armbars...

I would to pay for his apps to see what is his late escape to RNC. lol.

My guess is to tuck your chin to buy yourself some times and then peel off the overhand.

My guess is to tuck your chin to buy yourself some times and then peel off the overhand.

yeah, basically shoulder up and chin down and use both hands to push up the hand behind your head. he really cautions that this rarely works on someone who knows what they are doing.

yeah, basically shoulder up and chin down and use both hands to push up the hand behind your head. he really cautions that this rarely works on someone who knows what they are doing.

well there you have it.

No big drama.

just little things that can buy time.

not major problem solver but still good to identify where they fit in the scheme of things.

his RNCs escape videos are in his yt channel. Good video by the way.

If you are that busted up about it, email him and he will probably give your money back for the app.

BTW, I might not be able to, but im sure there is someone out there in the BJJ community that can use that specific technique and get out of your locked in RNC.

Any of might actually be relevant if Stephen had ever claimed he a 100% of escaping a top competitor's, fully locked RNC.

But he hasn't.

What has happened is that someone has chosen to interpret a headline of a blog post to mean something the writer didn't mean. And even though the post goes on quite clearly to state that late-stage escapes don't always work, for some reason this still matters.

Didn't Roger escaped a locked triangle when fighting Xande at the ADCC.
He escaped a locked armbar when facing Buchecha.
And if I remember correctly he escaped a bow and arrow when fighting Marcelo.

If you are that busted up about it, email him and he will probably give your money back for the app.

BTW, I might not be able to, but im sure there is someone out there in the BJJ community that can use that specific technique and get out of your locked in RNC.

I didnt buy the app, although, im sure is quality material.

I didnt like the MKT strategy thats it.

regarding "MY" locked in RNC, im sure there is.

Any of might actually be relevant if Stephen had ever claimed he a 100% of escaping a top competitor's, fully locked RNC.

But he hasn't.

What has happened is that someone has chosen to interpret a headline of a blog post to mean something the writer didn't mean. And even though the post goes on quite clearly to state that late-stage escapes don't always work, for some reason this still matters.

the whole freaking post Ive been saying that its exactly what you just said, THE HEADLINES, thats it.

the whole freaking post Ive been saying that its exactly what you just said, THE HEADLINES, thats it.

For someone obsessed with just the headline, it's odd you posted everything but the headline in your OP.

Even the headline can be interpreted in more than one way and even if you take your particular reading of it, it still doesn't make a promise that you'll escape a fully set in RNC as applied by a good grappler

For someone obsessed with just the headline, it's odd you posted everything but the headline in your OP.

Even the headline can be interpreted in more than one way and even if you take your particular reading of it, it still doesn't make a promise that you'll escape a fully set in RNC as applied by a good grappler

the headline is in the freaking title of the thread, plus I posted the source, which leads you to his blog which includes the headline, plus the article.

Of course the headline could be interpreted in more than one way, why do you think I didnt like the headline? because its misleading, or at least it seems to be vague, it sounds a lot like Lloyds type of MKt, and I didnt have stephan in that line of mkt.

the headline is in the freaking title of the thread, plus I posted the source, which leads you to his blog which includes the headline, plus the article.

Of course the headline could be interpreted in more than one way, why do you think I didnt like the headline? because its misleading, or at least it seems to be vague, it sounds a lot like Lloyds type of MKt, and I didnt have stephan in that line of mkt.

The guy is trying to sell something. He isn't saying ok here is this level but to get the super secret stuff you need to pay 1 million dollars. Sure it's a little bit of click bait but you can't blame him for that. You need to fucking relax man. I don't know why people hate when guys in martial arts try and make some money.

It's nothing like LI.

In fact I'd go as far as saying that Kesting's marketing is just about the best internet marketing for martial arts I've seen. Let's suppose he wrote that article purely as a link to his app - it's still genuinely useful and interesting content. And the offer to look at his app doesn't dominate. You don't need to sign up to endless emails. There's no "Click to say YES to secret escapes that will DOMINATE the opposition" idiocy. If you want to compare Dan ***ella's tactics with LI then I'm with you. I hate that crap too.

Seems to me it's a very fair deal where you get good content and he gets the opportunity to offer you some goods, and no actual pressure to buy anything. And if you do choose to d/l the app it's like $3.99. I have bought it and it's well worth it. Good, clear instruction, well laid out, great price.

I think you might even be the only person on the planet who believes they were misled by the title into thinking his app would give you the ability to escape an RNC fully locked in by a pro.

I think Rage is just misreading the title. It doesn't mean "any submission" as in "all the possible instances of being in a sub", but any submission technique I.e. " these principles apply to triangles, heel hooks or Mongolians death locks"

Back