Stephan Kesting, this is plain wrong (three ways to escape any submission app)

Bjjrage, dude, let it go. Literally no one is agreeing with you.

I've seen people get out of RNCs that were at least 99 % locked by world class guys. I remember seeing Anzai fight his way through at least three RNC attempts by Lagarto at ADCC 2011, of which I think two looked to be practically over and done with. Fowler surviving and eventually escaping Saulo's RNC in 2007 was also very impressive.

No, you should not be able to get out of a sub that is fully locked and controlled perfectly, but as long as you're grappling a human, little mistakes can happen, and you can capitalize on them. Also, no submission starts with the position fully locked

Bjjrage, dude, let it go. Literally no one is agreeing with you.

actually the best grappler in the thread did agree with me (regarding the choke), since you are counting votes.

Ok, so for the record, this is not a locked in RNC...

kBrfip3.jpg

I guess your definition of "fully locked on" on is "When the guy is tapping"... in which case you're right, I guess. You can't escape after you've tapped.

When asked about Jury, your response was

It wasnt fully locked, the hand wasnt behind jurys head.

Then when presented with a situation where the hand IS behind the head, it's now "Well, it wasn't ALL the way behind his head".

You're one stubborn bastard, and I've got $10 that says you couldn't choke out Kesting with a RNC.

I think Rage could most definitely tap Keating with a full locked RNC. it's not like kesting is some legendary conpetitor

just saw saulos vs fowler match, saulo never got to a fully locked RNC, he had 2 attemps with a Dan Severn choke and one with the hand on top of Fowlers head.

There's a third and last attempt, filmed from behind, where you can clearly see his hand all the way behind the head. I suspect the choke was over the chin, though, and Fowler managed to tough it out. (Though I know you can choke through the chin.)

In any event, knowing how to escape a fully locked RNC in theory makes escaping an almost fully locked RNC easier.

Seems like it would be good to have positive attitude about escaping. Even if it's fully locked
Op needs less coffee

Ok, so for the record, this is not a locked in RNC...

kBrfip3.jpg

I guess your definition of "fully locked on" on is "When the guy is tapping"... in which case you're right, I guess. You can't escape after you've tapped.

When asked about Jury, your response was

Then when presented with a situation where the hand IS behind the head, it's now "Well, it wasn't ALL the way behind his head".

You're one stubborn bastard, and I've got $10 that says you couldn't choke out Kesting with a RNC.

Do I need to explain to you why silvas RNC wasnt fully locked? really? I may be a stubburn bastard, but it seems like you dont know shit about RNCs.

I take your 10$ and wash my ass with it, I live in southamerica, you will be more than welcome to come down here and test my knowledge of RNC, or you could put 10 grand on the table and fly me over and see if I can choke out kesting (kesting by the way is a hell of instructor and legit bb, so I dont wanna bad mouth him, I have mad respect for him, even if I didnt like his mkt move for his app)

I'm a grappling nobody. I think we've jumped the shark at this point.

Maybe I was thinking of someone else, my bad.

I understand that this app is targeting whitebelts/bran new blues, but a little disclaimer on the bottom saying "although the escapes shown are legit and do work on some people, you are not getting out of a fully locked RNC applied by a competent grappler" , at the end, white belts dont care about getting subbed by purples, they see purples as jedis, so it probably wont hurt its audience.

I like the way he classified them into 3 stages of the submissions.

Obviously, teaching the escape of a late stage of submission is NOT ideal and you will prefer telling the students to use escapes for the first 2 stages.

But those escapes do exist and it is good to teach them.

For example, the hitchhiker escape is a good example of an arm bar escape when you are fully locked on.

For example, the hitchhiker escape is a good example of an arm bar escape when you are fully locked on.

... and that shit works if you're good at it. My instructor used to bait guys into going for the finish so he could use the hitchhiker to escape.

Back