Stefan Struve:

I don't get why everyone is on Struve's side, he's assuming that Matt called him out because of his heart condition, which is stupid, if his heart isn't healthy he won't be cleared to fight so it's not possible that was the reason. There is a more obvious reason for Matt to call Struve out, Struve is ranked higher than Matt, has been KOed multiple times, he is slow and has crappy striking defense.

I am not going to take Stefan "Sucker Punch" Struve's side on this one, he's the one that made this personal by making it public and calling Matt pathetic for asking to fight him when he gets healthy.

I hope Struve is doing this to draw interest and doesn't really think this cause if he does MMA doesn't seem like the sport for him if he can't handle somene asking to fight him when he is healthy.

He's right. Mitrione is a clown for going after a guy recovering from a heart condition. That's a weak move. I hope Struve gives him a thorough beating.

By your logic everyone who'll fight SS is a clown.
has SS to retire?

LOL @ 'he abandoned jab and distance': he never has them.

I am not going to take Stefan "Sucker Punch" Struve's side on this one, he's the one that made this personal by making it public and calling Matt pathetic for asking to fight him when he gets healthy.

Here you go again, it wasn't a punch. I think Morecraft was holding up his hand to touch gloves. Struve touched gloves and immediately threw a legkick right after.

AT least try to get your facts straight. Plus he was like 21 back then. Give the kid a break.

I like how Mitrione fights, but his personality gets to me. He was growing on me until the Fallon Fox comments. I hope Struve was really working on fighting tall when training with Schilt.

My sentiments exactly.

He is a decent fighter, but sometimes he comes off as a goof when he opens his mouth.

My sentiments exactly.

He is a decent fighter, but sometimes he comes off as a goof when he opens his mouth.

I think decent is stretching it. The guy is mediocre on his best day and would have been cut already if he wasn't in such and shallow division. He still might be getting the axe soon with another loss or 2.

Here you go again, it wasn't a punch. I think Morecraft was holding up his hand to touch gloves. Struve touched gloves and immediately threw a legkick right after.

AT least try to get your facts straight. Plus he was like 21 back then. Give the kid a break.

Dude, I corrected my post in the other thread, drop it. I get it you're from the same country as him and are nationalistic and overprotective of him so you are fine with him doing something dirty, i'm not, 21 years old is plenty old enough to know you shouldn't attack someone while touching gloves, it's dishonorable.

He hasn't done it since so it seems somone either talked to him about it or he learned his lession.

By your logic everyone who'll fight SS is a clown.has SS to retire?

LOL @ 'he abandoned jab and distance': he never has them.

Exactly, Struve is just trying to sell wolf tickets or he's overly sensitive, Matt asked him about his heart condition and found out he will be coming back, he liked the match up and asked for it, Struve then made it public and insulted Matt.

Normally a fighter will ask to fight a guy who is on the same level or higher up, or a guy he has beef with. Asking to fight a guy who comes back from a serious heart condition is pretty lame and weak.

Although it would've been cool if Struve would've responded positively with "cool, bring it on!" instead of butthurt and coming off insecure.

You shouldn't expect too much from a guy named "meathead".

I think decent is stretching it. The guy is mediocre on his best day and would have been cut already if he wasn't in such and shallow division. He still might be getting the axe soon with another loss or 2.

He looked decent in his last fight.

Every fight nowadays has to have this stupid drama attached to it so all the TUF fanboys and pro wrestling fans get more interested. Why can't people get hyped over the idea of an MMA fight between two good fighters? Shit is stupid.

Have a feeling Struve will make an example out of Mitrione.

Normally a fighter will ask to fight a guy who is on the same level or higher up, or a guy he has beef with. Asking to fight a guy who comes back from a serious heart condition is pretty lame and weak.

Although it would've been cool if Struve would've responded positively with "cool, bring it on!" instead of butthurt and coming off insecure.

I don't really don't get whats lame or weak about it, Matt talked to Struve and found out his heart is getting better and will be back. It's not like he asked to fight him while he has a heart condition he asked to fight him when he is back, aka healthy.

This would be no different than someone asking to fight Overeem when he comes back from injury.

I don't understand why so many FIGHTERS take it personal when someone wants to fight them. You fight for a living for fucks sake, you're not golfers.

He gave you context and yet you pretend he didnt.

This is just a case of Struve being too thin skinned. Here's how I see it Matt asked Struve about his heart condition and found out that Struve will be healthy and will be able to continue fighting. Matt realizes that Struve is ranked ahead of him and he has bad striking defense and is kind of slow, so he's got a good chance of beating him. Then Matt asked Joe Silva to fight Struve when he's healthy, Struve gets butthurt when he hears about it and makes it public to try and make Matt look bad.

This is the same guy that faked a glove touch and then sucker punched his opponent. Matt might not be the greatest guy but I've never seen him fake a glove touch and sucker punch someone, that's screwed up. I'm going to give Matt the benifit of the doubt and assume he wanted this match because he matches up well with Struve not because he thinks Struve will be fighting when he isn't healthy.

It was a leg kick, not a sucker punch. But I suppose there's little difference to an honourable man.

tumblr_static_petyr1.png

Dude, I corrected my post in the other thread, drop it. I get it you're from the same country as him and are nationalistic and overprotective of him so you are fine with him doing something dirty, i'm not, 21 years old is plenty old enough to know you shouldn't attack someone while touching gloves, it's dishonorable.

He hasn't done it since so it seems somone either talked to him about it or he learned his lession.

Shrugs, you posted it here and even made a thread about it headlining him. Sorry if I correct you on that.

He hasn't done it since and he's never shown any signs of being a dirty fighter. A not so intelligent fighter that gets his head bashed in at most.

Anyway, he touched gloves (no fake glove touch) he just threw the legkick a split second too fast (right after glove touch, unsure if it even was meant to be too fast but that's maybe because I am bias (also I think a legkick is something else than a dirty suckerpunch), not just because he's from the same country but more because I think he's one of the nicer dudes in MMA, don't count him as a dirty fighter).

Back