Stefan Struve should be in Hollywood

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MacDougall, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MacDougall

MacDougall Brown Belt

Seriously the dude should get an agent and hang up the gloves. He'd have a hell of a career in Hollywood. He's got a great look, athletic and seems confident and charismatic to boot. There aren't many 7 foot guys who can actually fight and talk.

Former pro-wrestlers Nathan Jones and Kurrgan have carved out Hollywood careers and they aren't as tall, aren't as charismatic and aren't as good looking as Struve.

Struve go out on a high with your Nog win and hit up some auditions. You would land a ton of roles.

2. Lunkee

Lunkee Jävligt snygg!

I agree they always need more big guys. I mean give him some horsemeat and make him an enormous white sapp.

3. RandomUser12

RandomUser12 Purple Belt

Nogueira would make a perfect extra on The Walking Dead.

4. God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind Let's Palaver! Platinum Member

No it's Manhattan for the skyscraper.

5. Shwartz

Shwartz Green Belt

He speaks with a horrible accent and he doesn't look scary enough to play the bad guys. He won't have a successful acting career.

6. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim Green Belt

I understand your reasoning, but you're actually pretty far off base. Hollywood doesn't like tall guys. Smaller guys are easier to film, fit in frame better, make women look leggier, give the cinematographer more options in tight spaces.

Also, his face is too boring looking. Little known fact, there are 100,000,000,000 good looking people in Los Angeles trying to make it. One has a way better chance with an interesting looking face. Someone like Bigoot Silva or Krystof Sozynski would have a much better chance because they'd stand out to casting directors. You might think of height as being "unique" for Struve, but as I said, height is a detriment.

7. MacDougall

MacDougall Brown Belt

Height isn't a detriment when you're looking for guys with height. Why do you think Andre the Giant got cast in films? They always need tall guys to play tall characters.

Bond Villains, monsters, Aliens ... He'd get cast in tons of shit just like Nathan Jones does and just like this dude. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Maillet

He looks plenty scary enough and his accent is fine. I stand by it. I reckon it'll happen too. Hollywood will knock on his door soon enough.

8. hespect

hespect White Belt

Do you think about Struve before you fall asleep OP? Think about his strong arms and his ripped abs... I bet he smells good too.

9. sonofbrodin

sonofbrodin Green Belt

If Struve and Nathan Jones both apply for the same role Jones is gonna get the part hes way bigger and meaner looking than Struve

10. MacDougall

MacDougall Brown Belt

Not every night but almost every night.

11. Tyrannosaurus rex

Tyrannosaurus rex GrizzlyTitan

Struve doesn't look as intimidating as Nathan Jones or those other guys. He's way skinnier.

Plus, maybe he doesn't like acting or sucks at it. Ronda isn't a good actress either, despite the fact that she's charismatic and many consider her good looking.

12. perfectzero

perfectzero Brown Belt

He's a terrible fit for Hollywood. He looks like a tall skinny teenager. Guys that are that tall will only get cast as 'monsters'. Other than being tall, Struve isn't intimidating at all. He won't get cast as leads or villains. I can't think of a role he'd be good for. Excessively tall kid #2 maybe?

13. Upchuck22

Upchuck22 Account bet w/ BC 206 on Lesnar vs Hunt Double Yellow Card

Please could you elaborate more on his good looks?You mentioned it more than once.

14. Rocksinhead

Rocksinhead Yellow Belt

What kind of roles do you think he could get that would give him "a hell of a career"? Is he really going to make more money than he does fighting being cast purely for his height? For any big scary tough guy they're going to go with someone more muscular and with a meaner face. His accent would probably hinder him in getting many speaking roles. What's that leave? Something in sci-fi or horror that'll have him in makeup? Hard to see that getting him the kind of money he could get fighting. Once his face is covered up there's no reason to pay him any more than any other unknown guy his height. Guys that tall are very rare but he's not one of a kind or anything. Could he get roles? Absolutely. Would they pay well enough to convince him to switch careers at 27 years old? Doubt it.

15. MaulingMyClown

MaulingMyClown Purple Belt

That's what they originally said about Arnold.

16. Cro Cop Is Back

Cro Cop Is Back Red Belt

No, Hong Man Choi is bigger.

17. Bob Sagat

Bob Sagat Purple Belt

Yup, that's why all lanky, awkward looking basketball players have good Hollywood gigs too right?

18. Royhalibut

Royhalibut Blue Belt

LOL !!! OMG that is funny. Filtering through so many garbage posts is so rewarding when I find one of these funny ones once in a while.

I think Sherdog needs to start a rating system for funny/clever posts. I hereby award you the yellowbelt in sherdog comedy.

19. HuntoGoato

HuntoGoato Banned Banned

[​IMG]

20. Stoupe

Stoupe Brown Belt

Or a pro wrestler? We can get Psycho Sid to manage him and revive the Skycrapers.