Stefan Struve is just terrible

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BucktoothBeauty, Aug 3, 2015.

1. BucktoothBeauty

BucktoothBeauty Yellow Belt

Reweatching his fight with Mino and I can't believe this guy is a "pro." All he can do is pick on older shorter men than him. I mean who the bleep is this guy's boxing coach? "Stefan I want you to stand there with no movement and eat a couple big shots to the face before you pathetically clinch with him. Throw a jab on the break every once in a while."
    He doesn't do anything!!! He doesn't circle, he doesn't dodge, his head movement is to just stare at the ground, he doesn't throw anything with any sort of snap to it, his leg kicks are slow/broadcasted which is why he always eats so many counters. In the clinch he should dominate with such height but instead lays there as the guy hugs his chest. GET A REAL COACH STEFAN

JP557CU likes this.
  2. Smaller than average peen

Smaller than average peen Silver Belt Platinum Member

You're right - he's been ducking Super heavyweight his whole career

3. Puss

Puss Purple Belt

Yup, it's sad, cause I really liked him before. Now it's always frustrating to watch him fight.

4. HHJ

HHJ Fedor Supremacist

when i first saw him fight,he came into the ufc with like 23 fights or something and at his young age...,but it looked like he had learned very little from those fights,and not much has changed...How much damage he must have taken before he even got to the ufc? all those fights in such a short time, for a young guy,and for what?

5. TFanatic

TFanatic Silver Belt

He's just good enough to stay on the UFC for his career, but he'll never contend for the belt. People keep pointing out how young he is, but it's not how many miles you have, it's how many you have left. And Struve ain't got many left.

6. Mixfight

Mixfight Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Struve should retire.

7. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Nog literally looked like the living death in that fight, and Struve couldn't even finish him.

That said, he did have another body malfunction/panic attack before the fight, so hopefully he gets back on track mentally after this win and performs better next time. He's like 7 years younger than the average heavyweight, he's got a long way to go.

8. HHJ

HHJ Fedor Supremacist

i dont understand what his team was trying to do giving him 18 fights in 4 years,and he still dont even know how to use his reach when he got to the ufc.

9. UL

UL no more yellows Double Yellow Card

I agree

Being ill or not his performance in the octagon is awful

Should try and do something else otherwise he's going to suffer later on in his life

10. Barge

Barge Brown Belt

Apparently he was badly sick.

He looked better than last time, but it was just shot nog.

He took some really slow and obvious punches without even attempting to roll with them tho, that seems like his biggest weakness

11. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

My wife actually got mad at him during his fight with Nog. He's so f'ing tall and has Jon Jones reach and yet he fights like a T-Rex.

In the 3rd round it was like he woke up and started using his reach with a snappy jab and more body kicks. However, most of the fight he'd get so close before throwing his punches that he'd stuff himself or Nog would hit him first.

If the guy with a 7.5" reach disadvantage is landing on you first with great frequency then you are doing it wrong.

He's technically so awful. His footwork being another big problem. Move them.

12. Daweed

Daweed Green Belt

Very frustrating to see someone how has been given such an exceptional reach sucking so much when it comes to maintaining the distance.

He doesn't know how to exploit his phenomenal body type and that's really sad to see.

13. Karelinator

Karelinator Bulgarian pursuittt Platinum Member

His biggest talent/strength was always his submission grappling, people've been saying it for a while now.

He can strike well enough to beat up dude like Miocic on his best day, but he just shouldn't try that 100% striking approach.

14. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Struve needs to get a better camp or retire. As it stands, he seems to be on the fast track for Parkinson's.

15. gotBooched

gotBooched maximus entertainus

Yeah, if he were 6'4 or something, that dude wouldn't even make it in WSOF.

16. Fox by the Sea

Fox by the Sea Lighthouse keeper Platinum Member

struve with a good jab would be champ.

17. BonesNose**

BonesNose** Banned Banned

Stefan Struve is terrible because people have exaggerated "being tall". The guy is 7 foot, has more or less 84inch reach... Can you imagine what amount of conditioning and muscles it takes to carry on such a frame? Jon Jones is 6'4 and he's already too tall to be solid everywhere and athletic ( considering his large upper body, of course ), it's just even worse for Stefan Struve.

18. griek1

griek1 Orange Belt

I'm Dutch and rooting for this guy. However, I have to admit this is one of the dumbest fighters in the UFC. He should make a video "how to not use your superior reach".

19. phd

phd Brown Belt

Yeah...it always seems to boil down to machismo for the guy. Why would he want to utilize the massive reach advantage, when he could just stand flat-footed and try to throw heat in the pocket? He's done it in damn near every fight he's had in the UFC, and he's in danger every time he does it because he's not cautious.

I think some fighters just lose it in the cage and want to bang, bro. I remember back in the day Rampage was saying that about Kongo...he'd spent months in camp with Kongo (numerous times). Gameplan this, gameplan that...but the second the bell rings he just wants to bang, bro. It's a funny interview because Helwani asks him if Kongo's plan was to stand and exchange...and Rampage is like "Sheeeit, hell no. We had a gameplan, but the man is too macho. He's like the most macho man ever. This is what he does every time."

20. vintagemmafan

vintagemmafan Orange Belt

I would just like to see to him get koed by Rothwell.