Staying in shape with injuries.

JeremiahBailey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I have an ankle injury that is preventing me from training. I'm already overweight as it is and all this inactivity is bound to make it worse. Any suggestions on how I can keep in shape/ get in better shape with this injury?

JeremiahBailey said:
Well, I have an ankle injury that is preventing me from training. I'm already overweight as it is and all this inactivity is bound to make it worse. Any suggestions on how I can keep in shape/ get in better shape with this injury?

Chin ups. crunches. uppper body weights. Swimming. Wing chun

I'm in the same boat. I have a fractured heel so my training in somewhat restricted.

i'm addicted to pain killers. it kinda sucks, but gets me through my workouts ok.

blownards said:
i'm addicted to pain killers. it kinda sucks, but gets me through my workouts ok.

You're still here?

Go swimming. It's tough and a very good for you.

when i did in my knee over the summer i got into using tabata with body weight exercises to work my cardio, was doing 8 sets of press ups for 20seconds with 10 seconds rest, then the same with crunches then the same with reverse crunches then doing db seated rows. Managed to keep myself in pretty decent shape. You could also do a similar thing but do complexes instead.

Swim and dare I say it....cross trainer

swimming, arm cycle, weights/resistance exercises....

youve got plenty of options around your ankle situation. i know people in wheelchairs and with various leg problems who exercise regularly. pick something, anything and just do it already!

Ian1983 said:
was that to me?

nope. as you can see in my other post we agree about water exercise or swimming. what happened is i didnt think my first post went through so i reposted. turns out the 1st one went through so i tried to delete it. turns out couldnt delete it so i tried to edit it out to nothing. couldnt do it because apparently theres a 3 character minimum per post. wasnt directed to anyone but i guess it could apply to the original poster.

Do everything seated or on your back,
rest,
Do grip work like crazy,
mkae sure to stretch your legs and lower back, since the imbalance you will have when walking, more on the other leg will really throw you off..really important.
Chin ups, Chin Ups, Chin ups, become a chin up master :)))

just like pretty much everyone else on here said... swimming.... they have these little buoy things that you can put between your knees so you dont even have to use your legs/ankle at all. you just do all the work with your arms and its a dman good workout. i swam in high school to rehab from a broken ankle. it was a good move.

Back