Status of Vitaly Minakov?

olingobingo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Dude's the heavyweight champ of Bellator, but after his bout with Cheick there's been like no info about him. I've heard two rumors: one is that he's gotten into or is looking to get into politics, and the other is that he's preparing to fight Volkov again. Since I'm not Russian/do not speak Russian, I'm mostly just playing things by ear. Does anyone have any idea what this guy is up to? Seems strange for a Bellator champ to kinda disappear like this.

He would shit kick the vast majority of the heavyweight roster in the ufc, And that's just were he needs to be

reminds me of Cole Konrad just disappearing

His management has denied that he's retiring to enter politics, but when there's smoke, there's fire. There's no other reason that he didn't fight last season and isn't scheduled for at least the first quarter of the year. And Coker even said that he wanted to make Minakov/Volkov for last year.

Last thing i heard is he is fighting volkov in rematch,but who knows

galant-shelf-unit__0132724_PE287594_S4.JPG

He looked piss poor against Chieck Kongo.

To be fair, his technique was intactand whas handling kongo for like the first two rounds but his cardio was what made him look bad... might have had a bad camp or been sick, dude slowed extremely quick in that fight.

To be fair, his technique was intactand whas handling kongo for like the first two rounds but his cardio was what made him look bad... might have had a bad camp or been sick, dude slowed extremely quick in that fight.

He had camp issues, mainly not even having a real camp. If he trained at Jackson's like before he would have looked much better.

He had camp issues, mainly not even having a real camp. If he trained at Jackson's like before he would have looked much better.

Solid info but source for it? i like minakov and the only issue i saw was his cardio, something he could work on. hopefully he starts fighting soon again.

Was helping Erokhin to prepare for his UFC debut. Wasn't asked anything about his plans.

Back