Stats Prove GSP is a lethal finisher outside of Title Defenses

Just see what happens when your mouth waters for this steak.
But you won’t get to taste. This is mine
No idea what you are talking about but hat's normal for an idiot like you. When is your boy Phil fighting again? Be sure to open up a war wagon thread when it goes down lol.

GSP was always able to finish opponents. When he didn't have a title to defend, he generally finished as TS points out. However, the Tristar strategy was to play conservative, using an immense skill set that included a killer jab, TDD and takedowns to ensure wins.

People hate this because they want MMA to be like Mortal Kombat where every fight ends with a man floored in a pool of blood. And that's cool. I get that. I respect that. If that's your preference, fine.

But it doesn't mean that GSP didn't have the ability to finish. His gameplan was just to win with the lowest risk possible. Like most sports teams, he played to win and minimize risk.

And that is why he gets so much hate. Again, I get that that's a reason to hate him. But there's a reason why he's lost twice and Diaz has lost in double digits.

It isnt logic.your hating on a guy for not finishing. By your logic, your a Fuckin pussy.

Womp womp

No ones hating on anyone. If you weren't so sensitive to anything GSP your reading comprehension wouldn't be so compromised

No idea what you are talking about but hat's normal for an idiot like you. When is your boy Phil fighting again? Be sure to open up a war wagon thread when it goes down lol.
I was waiting on you slime

Sure, And that is the reason he gets some critique. In his long title reign, GSP played it safe And fought strategic And often boring fights. He was a great fighter, and everyone knew he could finish fights if he made an effort, instead of always taking the safe route.

Last edited:
Stats prove that GSP fans are utterly delusional by all possible standards.

Womp womp

No ones hating on anyone. If you weren't so sensitive to anything GSP your reading comprehension wouldn't be so compromised
Look at you crying again. Need a pacifier? Looks like you are the one with reading problems

Beltless GSP kick everyone fairly squarely in the ass.

Stats prove that GSP fans are utterly delusional by all possible standards.
tenor.gif

The fact that people bash a fighter for playing it safer, who:

a) ...has defeated literally everyone he's stepped in the cage against,

b) ...beat opponents inside the UFC that have a combined record of 348 wins and 61 losses at the time he beat them (this is without counting fights where he fought opponents two or three times),

c) ...did all that in the most stacked division at the time and one of the most stacked divisions ever

d) ...and went up to middleweight and beat the champion there,

...is mind-boggling and utterly sad.

On top of that he's inside the top 10 for numerous UFC stats;

All-time stats for all divisions only:
  • 9th most significant strikes landed of all time (1313)
  • 2nd highest significant strike defense of all time (73.1%)
  • most total strikes landed (2591)
  • most takedowns landed (90)
  • 3rd best takedown-accuracy of all time (73.8%)
Welterweight stats (leaving out anything where he's #1 in all divisions anyway):
  • most significant strikes landed (1254)
  • 6th highest significant strike accuracy (53.3%)
  • 2nd best significant strike differential (2.39)
  • best significant strike defense (66%)
  • 4th least significant strikes absorbed per minute (1.43)
  • 2nd highest takedown accuracy (73.8%)
  • 6th best takedown defense (85.%)
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
GSP was always able to finish opponents. When he didn't have a title to defend, he generally finished as TS points out. However, the Tristar strategy was to play conservative, using an immense skill set that included a killer jab, TDD and takedowns to ensure wins.

People hate this because they want MMA to be like Mortal Kombat where every fight ends with a man floored in a pool of blood. And that's cool. I get that. I respect that. If that's your preference, fine.

But it doesn't mean that GSP didn't have the ability to finish. His gameplan was just to win with the lowest risk possible. Like most sports teams, he played to win and minimize risk.

And that is why he gets so much hate. Again, I get that that's a reason to hate him. But there's a reason why he's lost twice and Diaz has lost in double digits.

Diaz lost double digit fights because he's a much lesser fighter than gsp. Gsp had much more exciting and dominant fights against common competition

This stat is not a good look for GSPs legacy.

Finishing bums isnt as impressive

Okay well this back n forth is pretty cringe. I dont even remember why you wanted my attention in the first place

Back