Stats Prove GSP is a lethal finisher outside of Title Defenses

LOL, that's more to do with level of competition he's not finishing fighters.

No, the stats prove that Greg Jackson turned GSP into a boring point fighter. Like he does to just about all of his fighters.

GSP finished 13/17 opponents outside of title defences. that’s 76 percent of the time. Much higher than most UFC contenders nowadays.

Furthermore when GSP was a title challenger fighting for UFC titles, he finished Matt Hughes and Matt Serra and Michael Bisping.

so 100 percent of title wins were by finish.

Long and short of it is. Without the pressure of defending a title, GSP can put ANYONE away. When he is coming for you and the aggression is on his side. You’re toast.

GSP for Prime Minister of Canada. He has my vote.
He would resign so fast in politics. It’s not safe at all.

Prime Silva lost numerous times. Twice in the UFC and twice in japan against tiny fighters.
Silva started his prime by the time he joined the UFC, the premiere fighting league.

And he obviously wasn't in his prime after 15 years fighting at the highest level and at 38 years old

I'm glad I could educate you on the sport

if you talk down gsps accomplishments you do not understand martial arts.

he did it right.

'lethal finisher' GSP went on to have 8 decisions in his last 9 title fights
during Silva's 16 fight UFC winstreak, he finished 14 of them

there's a reason why you dont see GSP highlight reels

Stats prove Anderson Silva is a lethal finisher inside title defenses, making him better than someone who is only a finisher against low level opponents

I agree that Anderson was amazing. Saying GSP only finished against lower level opponents is an interesting perspective. One could also argue that GSP was so beyond his competition that he was able to play safe mode and high level fighters who knew precisely what he was going to do, were unable to prevent him from doing it to them.

Back