Social State revises mask mandate for outdoor athletics after Summit HS runner collapses at finish line

The Leftists latched on to hyper-fear of covid and mask religion because they felt this was their "anti-Trump" thing to do. Now they're just continuing to harm kids with it.

I would say that the biggest component of the mask thing for leftists is the anti-Trump thing. There really isn't a lot of evidence that it does much, but it scratches a bunch of left wing itches. It bows down to politicized expert opinion. It runs against the grain of American culture. And it imposes social conformity. If there is one thing leftists hate its strong, successful confident people who don't bow to left wing authoritarianism. So they attack us guilt, shame, and fear mongering. They need people living in fear (COVID COVID COVID) and being ashamed of themselves (RACISM RACISM RACISM) so that they are more easily controlled. Only the high priests of social justice and big government can save you.

Listen to the science maaan

I can't believe how stupid the world has become

Watching boxing last night and the refs always got a mask on. Whats the point? you got two fighters breathing heavily everywhere in close distance if they got covid you really think than mask could protect you?

Who said people need to wear masks outside? I would really love to know where people get the idea this is necessary.

Listen to the science maaan

I can't believe how stupid the world has become

Watching boxing last night and the refs always got a mask on. Whats the point? you got two fighters breathing heavily everywhere in close distance if they got covid you really think than mask could protect you?
The science says there's little point in wearing a mask outside. Edit: rather the benefit is extremely minimal.

LOL at you stupid idiots. Runners collapse at finish lines quite regularly and this was long before Covid.

That girl ran so hard that she would have probably collapsed without a mask. She broke the local record for that race.

Good point.

Do you realize how stupid you sound? As a member of an MMA forum I'm assuming you are at least familiar with some of the training methods of professional fighters? Am I correct in assuming that?
Please enlighten me, with your wisdom.

I'm glad I come to Sherdog for the many PhD's that are around here and not actual clinical studies of the effects of masks and exercise ..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7662944/

Wait, peer reviewed case studies done by actual professionals? Biased liberal fake news.
It's certainly true that it says "for healthy individuals" so for them, the effect may be minimal, but speaking for myself, I can only wear a cloth mask for so long before I begin to suffer real distress in my chest and it lasts for days afterwards. I'm not sure if it's small amounts of dust or fibers from the cloth but it's not just lack of sufficient oxygen, I don't think; disposable medical masks are far less of a problem, though I still experience a lot of discomfort with them. Granted, I have environmental allergies/sensitivities so clearly I'm not meant to be included in "healthy individuals" in this context, but I wonder what effect, however small, it might have on that cohort. Healthy lungs can clean themselves out of most small exposures to particulates, but what if it's for 8+ hours a day every day month after month, year after year? I think we'll find in future that such long term use will be a mistake, as will overuse of disinfectants; regardless, no more mask for this guy* once we reach anything approaching herd immunity.

*except for whenever we go back to Japan--the amount of pollution that gots carried there from China by prevailing winds was out of this world when we went to Hiroshima in 2016.

Please enlighten me, with your wisdom.
Ok, you do realize that at times, professional fighters will wear masks to restrict the amount of oxygen they receive during their workouts?

Sometimes when you aren't getting enough oxygen and you are pushing your body to the limit, you will. Pass out.

I would say that the biggest component of the mask thing for leftists is the anti-Trump thing. There really isn't a lot of evidence that it does much, but it scratches a bunch of left wing itches. It bows down to politicized expert opinion. It runs against the grain of American culture. And it imposes social conformity. If there is one thing leftists hate its strong, successful confident people who don't bow to left wing authoritarianism. So they attack us guilt, shame, and fear mongering. They need people living in fear (COVID COVID COVID) and being ashamed of themselves (RACISM RACISM RACISM) so that they are more easily controlled. Only the high priests of social justice and big government can save you.
I think you're correct.

So everyone else wearing the mask had sufficient oxygen but this one person didn't?

Probably an underlying condition caused her to pass out.

How many other people set PRs on top of breaking the school record? Safe to assume she pushed herself harder than others.

Joy Reid from MSNBC double masks while she runs and she's doing just fine.

Don't worry, with Kate Brown putting us back to "extreme risk" , there won't be anyone there to see the next time a child passes out from lack of oxygen.

Back