Social State revises mask mandate for outdoor athletics after Summit HS runner collapses at finish line

Wait — she ran ... wearing a mask?
we play sports with masks on in Cali

Clown
world

we have jr soccer where the 5 year old kids have to wear masks while competing

I wish it were a joke, but you can find videos of this stuff, here are some older kids

This is one reason why you never want to live in a Left wing voting state. Idiots in power, that worship Covid might make your kids run outside with masks on.

I went from Ca to Idaho during the plandemic. What a difference. I'm loving the freedom.

Who didn't see this one coming? It's perfectly reasonable to suggest people wear masks with a proper seal while indoors.

This is just blind obedience to a particular type of government.

Can this girl sue? She needs to make them pay for their stupidity.
This is what it would take. Leftists will continue to do stupid stuff like mask mandates for sports. Taking their money in court is the only thing that will stop them.

Oh' man. They had to wait for someone to black out to realize that it was a bad idea.

I figure that's the standard now for common sense. We have to make sure it's common sense through a sacrifice. We can see it's a bad idea. We know what's likely gonna happen, but we have to see it for ourselves. Can't wait for the incident where they realize that putting men in women's sports was a bad idea.
Remember when Leftists said they were following the science? Bunch of idiots.

Anyone who thinks wearing a mask during intense exercise is a good idea is fucking retarded.

training-mask-49_MMA-770x440.jpg

Cant stand parents forcing the children with masks. Especially when they get out of the car and not soul for 100’s of yards but they snugly fitting the mask over the kids. Borderline child abuse. Parents should get shamed on the streets.

I make my child rip it off asap exiting a building with “requirements”. He is also NOT participating in sports if they require masks.

But how do you get around with all the bodies piling up in the streets?

I don't watch the news and have been living life normally the whole time. Parks, festivals, concerts etc...

Nobody cares. Life is great.

Something that's been off the mark this entire pandemic is the belief that extreme caution is always better than well-measured caution. Unreasonable caution makes you tape off parks and playgrounds because outdoor transmission might still happen and "we don't want to take any chances." Instead driving people indoors and creating even more transmission. Unreasonable caution makes you constantly advertise that vaccines don't protect against disease and life won't return to normal, even though they clearly do and every measurable metric shows life should return to normal. Unreasonable caution makes you force athletes to wear a mask when they're alone on an outdoor course. It's not smart to go to unecessary extremes of caution; it's retarded, and shame on government ass kissers for going along with it.

In Sweden, which is quite a leftist nation, masks are only recommended (not mandatory) on public transport during rush hours and in other indoor situations where proper distance cannot be maintained. Children are never required to wear masks.

When I’m asked to wear a mask in a health care centre I’ll do it without any objections, but I’d never in a million years put it on during any sort of workout.

If your state is still under a mask wearing mandate, there should be no sports until it is over. period. obviously it is stupid to wear a mask while competing, and it is incredibly dangerous to run without one. so it might be tough for these athletes, but life is more important than sports

LOL at you stupid idiots. Runners collapse at finish lines quite regularly and this was long before Covid.

That girl ran so hard that she would have probably collapsed without a mask. She broke the local record for that race.

Back