Social State revises mask mandate for outdoor athletics after Summit HS runner collapses at finish line

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Yikes.
Video included.
The state now has revised the mask mandate for sports outside. She couldn't breath collapsed on the ground before the finish line.

State revises mask mandate for outdoor athletics after Summit HS runner collapses at finish line

a junior on the Summit High School track team, broke a school record in the 800-meter last Thursday. Her moment of glory has been somewhat overshadowed a by moment of concern – Williams passed out as she stumbled her way across the finish line. She and her coach say the mask is to blame, and now the Oregon Health Authority is updating its guidelines.

There are too many Leftist covid idiots making decisions over our kid's lives. Bunch of morons.

These track athletes have a better chance getting killed by an asteroid landing on them than them catching covid outdoors in the fresh air on the track and dying.

As you can see, the mask is more harmful than covid to these runners.

What is wrong with these people

Williams said her lack of oxygen is a result of the mask she's been required to wear during competition, under OHA guidelines for outdoor sports.

“In the past, this has never happened,” Williams said. “Then this race that I was wearing a mask, it did happen, which I don't think is a coincidence."

Her coach, Dave Turnbull, echoed that belief Monday morning.

“She just ran a 2:11 in Arizona without a mask on,” Turnbull said. Three seconds faster from my experience isn’t going to cause a kid to hit the track. When you’re in a mask, it certainly does.”

Turnbull said that after 31 years of experience, he’s confident this wasn't a conditioning issue -- it was a mask issue.

“It was a different response than I’ve seen for kids that have collapsed to the track just because they were exhausted,” he said. “She wasn't sure where she was."

Anyone who thinks wearing a mask during intense exercise is a good idea is fucking retarded.

Seriously. Just try going to the gym with a mask on and it’s tough to catch your breathe. Doing cardio with one sounds insane.

Seriously. Just try going to the gym with a mask on and it’s tough to catch your breathe. Doing cardio with one sounds insane.

Lifting sucks with a mask on. Running with one on is just a non-starter for me. Would rather sit on my ass and get fat.

i thought masks werent required when training or playing sports.

this is who ever made runners need to wear masks whilst competing.

images

Back