- Gastelum vs. Lawler
- Brown vs. Masvidal
- Kim vs. Nelson
- Saffeidine vs. Alves

Fights already booked
- Condit vs Maia(#1 Contenders)
- Story vs Cerrone
- Magny vs Larkin

It just got very interesting. Not that it wasn't before.

so many good fights in there

This division has been the most awesome thing after GSP left (not a knock)

I think the UFC are matchmaking around Woodley's preferences from now on. He still needs willing opponents though. He doesn't want to fight Wonderboy or Maia or Condit or Rory. GSP and Diaz don't want to fight him. There aren't really any money fights, so they'll instead just make the easiest fights:

Woodley vs. Marquardt 2 so Tyron can avenge a loss
Saffiedine vs. Kim for #1 contendership

Wonderboy vs. Condit/Maia winner (loser leaves town)
Rory will be allowed to go to Bellator

This division has been the most awesome thing after GSP left (not a knock)

It was always a good division even before GSP was ever champ

Before he became Champ there were:
- Diaz
- Trigg
- Sherk
- Hughes
- Penn
- Karo
- Riggs

After he became champ:
- Fitch
- Alves
- Koscheck
- Shields
- Kampmann
- Sanchez

I think the UFC are matchmaking around Woodley's preferences from now on. He still needs willing opponents though. He doesn't want to fight Wonderboy or Maia or Condit or Rory. GSP and Diaz don't want to fight him. There aren't really any money fights, so they'll instead just make the easiest fights:

Woodley vs. Marquardt 2 so Tyron can avenge a loss
Saffiedine vs. Kim for #1 contendership

Wonderboy vs. Condit/Maia winner (loser leaves town)
Rory will be allowed to go to Bellator

Woodley wants to keep his belt so there is no way he wants to fight GSP, the WW that is better than every other WW ever.

If lawler beats gastlum then beats the loser of wonderboy/woodley he is right back in the mix

WAR LAWLER!

Woodley wants to keep his belt so there is no way he wants to fight GSP, the WW that is better than every other WW ever.
Woodley specifically asked to fight GSP at MSG. He wants to get paid first and foremost. And I don't think GSP is better than any other WW ever. Rory and Wonderboy are both better.

I'd pick the GSP of old to beat Woodley, but I wouldn't be sure. He couldn't beat Hendricks. GSP might be able to jab Woodley to death and avoid takedowns. Or even get takedowns himself and gas Woodley out. But a Woodley KO is a also a huge possibility. We don't know that we'll get the GSP of old. We don't know what he'll look like upon a potential return.

It was always a good division even before GSP was ever champ
Yes. However, when he left, as when most dominant champions lose, it suddenly creates this huge wave across the entire division and suddenly you have incredibly awesome and relevant fights everywhere due to the openness of contendership, whereas previously it was a very steep ladder where contendership was a crystal clear, long and ardous process.

Woodley specifically asked to fight GSP at MSG. He wants to get paid first and foremost. And I don't think GSP is better than any other WW ever. Rory and Wonderboy are both better.

I'd pick the GSP of old to beat Woodley, but I wouldn't be sure. He couldn't beat Hendricks. GSP might be able to jab Woodley to death and avoid takedowns. Or even get takedowns himself and gas Woodley out. But a Woodley KO is a also a huge possibility. We don't know that we'll get the GSP of old. We don't know what he'll look like upon a potential return.

Yeah you can think that but you're wrong.

Neither of these guys are nearly as good as prime GSP. Like a guy that gasses in 5 minutes is gonna beat GSP more than one time out of ten.

Yeah you can think that but you're wrong.

Neither of these guys are nearly as good as prime GSP. Like a guy that gasses in 5 minutes is gonna beat GSP more than one time out of ten.
Are you sure you aren't just a diehard GSP fan? (nothing wrong with that)

Are you sure you are not a GSP hater? (Nothing out of the ordinary, here)
No, I'm a fan. And I've not said anything extreme. I said I'd pick the GSP of old to beat Woodley. edit: Meanwhile, you say Woodley only wins 10% of the time. That's extreme. GSP's betting odds wouldn't be nearly that good.

And Rory and Wonderboy are both bad matchups for him.

No, I'm a fan. And I've not said anything extreme. I said I'd pick the GSP of old to beat Woodley. edit: Meanwhile, you say Woodley only wins 10% of the time. That's extreme. GSP's betting odds wouldn't be nearly that good.

And Rory and Wonderboy are both bad matchups for him.

Yeah man, I'm a fan of Rory and Woodley too man. They just aren't as good as prime GSP.

Back