State of the Union

I thought this was funny.

Geez....pumping all of those lady weights has gone to his head...

ObamaWeightsLogo2.gif

Obama-girlie-man-workout-2.gif

Can he even make flyweight yet?

Don't you think that's more of an indicator that people aren't getting payed high enough wages by their employers? People on welfare/foodstamaps aren't necessarily unemployed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In response to this part (above). A) mandate drug and alcohol testing for those on wellfare/foodstamps and I'm ok with it. B) Working at the local McDonalds with a GED/Diploma or no GED/Diploma you should make 15 bucks an hour? Maybe people should use it to get by and motivate themselves to strive to get better. I worked shit jobs for a very long time but in my mind I kept telling myself I want to be better than this and I will be better than this in the future. Keep working hard.... Instead we incourage people do less and be given more paid by the tax payers.

Yeah, how disingenuous was that guy? Let's ignore all of the major economic indicators. The really funny thing to me is some of the things he is pointing out as a "knock" on Obama are things he and Democrats want to address but are actually opposed by Republicans!!

Economic indicators? Ok how much has the National Debt increased since Obama took office. End of discussion.

B) Working at the local McDonalds with a GED/Diploma or no GED/Diploma you should make 15 bucks an hour? Maybe people should use it to get by and motivate themselves to strive to get better.

Lots of semi skilled / unskilled jobs that used to pay well are trash teir now. The goal posts have moved, you can blame the players all you want for not magicing some better skills but ultimately the change in rules has got to take the blame.

Can't understand the OMFG $15 an hour either, thats still a poor wage to live any kind of life on.

Don't you think that's more of an indicator that people aren't getting payed high enough wages by their employers? People on welfare/foodstamaps aren't necessarily unemployed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In response to this part (above). A) mandate drug and alcohol testing for those on wellfare/foodstamps and I'm ok with it. B) Working at the local McDonalds with a GED/Diploma or no GED/Diploma you should make 15 bucks an hour? Maybe people should use it to get by and motivate themselves to strive to get better. I worked shit jobs for a very long time but in my mind I kept telling myself I want to be better than this and I will be better than this in the future. Keep working hard.... Instead we incourage people do less and be given more paid by the tax payers.

As far as the drug/alcohol testing goes, 1) Several courts have already found that to be unconstitutional. 2) The few states that did try it ended up wasting more in taxpayer money on the testing than they saved in denied benefits.

Economic indicators?

Yes, those are things people look at to gauge the strength of the economy. A few examples are unemployment rate, CPI, GDP, stock market prices, just to name a few. You know, the things people who know what the hell they're talking about look at.

Ok how much has the National Debt increased since Obama took office. End of discussion.

Lol! But you didn't even explain why you think that's end of discussion. The deficit has been cut in half since he's taken office! And the CBO is projecting that the ACA is going to be a massive deficit reducer over the next 10 years. Congrats you win the internet.

Your view is like looking at a Company's financials and bitching about their liabilities without looking at their sales or what assets they own.

It was getting there, he left high kicked the economy over the cliff though.

And by left kicked the economy over the cliff you mean reduced unemployment rates, records set by the stock market (huge profits for listed companies) and an improving housing market?

Yeah, sounds like a Crocop left kick to me.

President Obama has increased our debt by $7.6 trillion over 6 years. That certainly doesn't help our economy, middle class gets affected more than anyone.

Exactly, my first year in college I worked 60 hours a week washing dishes at BigBoy. That fueled my motivation to press forward in obtaining my degree and down a path of sucess. The second year I qualified to get Student loans and I cut my work hours to 30 hours a week. Everyone can do it if they truely want to.

The horror of helping people go to school and not having to kill themselves in the process. An easier path to education. Oh the horror.

President Obama has increased our debt by $7.6 trillion over 6 years. That certainly doesn't help our economy, middle class gets affected more than anyone.

The old "my head is stuck up Bush Jr's ass retort"

Ya the democrats kicked the economy off the cliff. You mean the largest global economic meltdown ever.

Yeah that didn't happen under Obamas watch. So tell me how he kicked it off the cliff when it already fell, caught on fire and had animals piss on it before his first term
In office.

The revisionist history of the moron tea party. Go back and play hand puppet to the GOP. you clearly don't like reality or facts like most of the far right nut jobs we have here.

Back