State of the game

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What the fuck is up with the state of the UFCs Champions and fighters..

When the hell did becoming champion mean not fighting your top contenders..

The state of the game is a weak as shit..Where did all the real fighters go?

We got champions content on not pulling the trigger and dry humping to victory ( yeah im talking about you shev and usman)

We have some of the cringiest characters ever (colby,cejudo,Ali,israel)

We have champion after champion refusing to fight the best of there division and clamor like children for super fights instead...( khabib ducking tony, Zhang calling out shev after just winning title, dillasnake and cejudo)

The game is polluted , part of why i wanna start my MMA fight career is to clean up the game...too much jockeying and not enough fighting i say, this aint checkers this is chess kill your enemy and remain king i say..

Discuss

We are all witness to words from the future greatest of all time. The man who cleaned up the game...

<{JustBleed}>

Money>>Pride

Conor started a trend that GSP milked completely. Belts don’t mean shit now.

I think part of the problem is there is no structure in the UFC. How long until Dustin gets another title shot? He knows realistically someone like Dana will probably not be able to justify giving him another shot at Khabib. Most likely one and done unless he wins 4 more fights. If the rankings mattered and fighters knew it wasnt going to be a complete shit show to fight for a belt they might be more willing to take fights. Once you get that belt you just never know when your chance could come again if you lose it. Few fighters care more about their legacy over money, so of course they are going to do what makes most sense for them and gives them the best chance of keeping the belt.

Boxing managed it for 1 year then reverted to form, it could be centuries before MMA follow suit

What's in a name?
Fuck...I hope you don't take after your name. We really need someone to clean up the game.

<<When the hell did becoming champion mean not fighting your top contenders..>>

mcgregor.jpg

More like

Quick Money > long haul money and legacy

People falling into traps on the daily ...lets get paid now and shit on our legacies later
Nah. Money is never promised with legacy. Just ask DJ who got mailed to Singapore for Askren.

Fuck it, the fighter deserve it. They are prize fighting in a fucking cage, battling to earn half their paycheck from a multi-billion dollar company.

Dana laughing about legacy while he's making snow angels in his vegas driveway.

This shits sports entertainment, not the olympics.

I think part of the problem is there is no structure in the UFC. How long until Dustin gets another title shot? He knows realistically someone like Dana will probably not be able to justify giving him another shot at Khabib. Most likely one and done unless he wins 4 more fights. If the rankings mattered and fighters knew it wasnt going to be a complete shit show to fight for a belt they might be more willing to take fights. Once you get that belt you just never know when your chance could come again if you lose it. Few fighters care more about their legacy over money, so of course they are going to do what makes most sense for them and gives them the best chance of keeping the belt.

I agree with your point but its on the fighters to make rankings relevant..people get away with what there allowed to get away with always

Nah. Money is never promised with legacy. Just ask DJ who got mailed to Singapore for Askren.

Fuck it, the fighter deserve it. They are prize fighting in a fucking cage, battling to earn half their paycheck from a multi-billion dollar company.

Dana laughing about legacy while he's making snow angels in his vegas driveway.

This shits sports entertainment, not the olympics.

Thats why it needs cleaning, the fighters hold the real power not dana and his merry boys..

It take courage and a measured approach to make it work

Last edited:
Thats why it needs cleaning
Never gonna happen. This sports business model and casual fan base is WWE lite. WWE with unscripted fights and create your own storylines.

I'm thinking of just stopping with modern-day MMA and only watching PRIDE and RIZIN torrents in my basement. ^_^

Back