Media State of MMA Media websites (comparison of headlines after UFC and Jake vs Ben)

There's no reward for having low website traffic. Suck it.

I didn't say not cover at all but maybe not do 90% coverage on your main layout for a boxing match when the UFC card was on the same night?
I don’t get it. It was a bigger mma story and trending more than any ufc fight night story. Mma stories don’t just involve what happens in a cage? There’s personalities and other stories. Sometimes these will be bigger than actual fights. I assume Conor was treated the exact same way for the Floyd circus. No difference. News is news and this was mma news regardless. And wildly more popular mma news than anything on the card. Maybe UFC should’ve put an equally captivating card on. Maybe ufc should learn how to market to young ppl and change their strategies to garner the majority of headlines after events.

Meh, they’re all clickbait trash. I go through most news sites once a day, skimming for relevant topics. MMAFighting and Bloody Elbow are both Vox trash, but at least mmafighting hasn’t gone full wokescold like Bloody Tampon. Sherdog lost a couple of decent writers when Commiefornia passed their gig economy laws, unfortunately. However, they’ve been crap,for years. Long gone are the days of true worldwide mma news coverage.

Independent sites are doing the real legwork nowadays. Sites like Asianmma, mymmanews, and others.

I don’t get it. It was a bigger mma story and trending more than any ufc fight night story. Mma stories don’t just involve what happens in a cage? There’s personalities and other stories. Sometimes these will be bigger than actual fights. I assume Conor was treated the exact same way for the Floyd circus. No difference. News is news and this was mma news regardless. And wildly more popular mma news than anything on the card. Maybe UFC should’ve put an equally captivating card on. Maybe ufc should learn how to market to young ppl and change their strategies to garner the majority of headlines after events.

Listen, from the financial point of view, I get it ;) should the stuff be in the news? Yes. But should it cover 90% of your page over actual MMA news? You really don't see an issue with that? Having an article created for every sentence Jake Paul says after? Have 1 or 2 articles, sure, but don't shove it down people's throats like that.

There's nothing to compare it to. What was the "state of mma media" after the Paul vs Basketball retiree? was a lot of the coverage due to former MMA star Askren?
To be honest, I couldn't tell. I didn't give a shit about the other fight and so I didn't even look it up. And listen, again, I don't mind having a article about it. But having 90% of your page loaded with Jake Paul pictures, you don't see anything wrong with it, really?

MMafighting:
mmafighting.png

MMAJunkie:
mmajunkie.png

Bloodyelbow:
bloodyelbow.png

MMAmania:
mmamania.png

Sherdog:
sherdog.png

From what I'm seeing, MMAfighting, the website I have visited the most for MMA news lately - is the most interested in clicks. MMA goes second. Shame. I'm thinking of dropping this website from my go to list. Used to be great when there was the MMA Beat with Ariel, Luke, Chuck and Jeff.

MMAJunkie is 50/50 for Jake vs MMA articles, BUT at least their first story is Rob winning.

Bloodyelbow: most articles is MMA, respect.

MMAmania, not too bad, but almost 50/50 as well.

Sherdog, I do admit I never visit Sherdog for the news, as the main news website is pretty horrible (layout mostly) in comparison to other ones BUT it actually has the least amount of Jake vs Ben stories so: props Sherdog!

I know that in today's times they need to earn the money, but to me it's embarrassing to put 90% of the stories around Jake vs Ben when the UFC just had the card too. MMAfighting is whoring out for real.

You visited the Sherdog main site? Congratulations, you've doubled their monthly traffic.

News website that makes money based on getting views decides to promote the top news stories to get the most visits.

absolute shocker.
I'm not shocked. I said I understand. Doesn't mean I can't call them out on their whoring out for clicks. You don't seem to see anything wrong with it, that's fine. You can have your opinion.

Listen, from the financial point of view, I get it ;) should the stuff be in the news? Yes. But should it cover 90% of your page over actual MMA news? You really don't see an issue with that? Having an article created for every sentence Jake Paul says after? Have 1 or 2 articles, sure, but don't shove it down people's throats like that.
I don’t have an issue when it’s the biggest mma news story of the week. And sadly it was the biggest mma news story of the week. That’s not these sites fault. I choose I guess to put the blame on people in power and not the people covering what is actually given to them. I get not liking that it’s the biggest mma story right now but I think the frustration is misplaced, personally. Like I said, had it been a pro basketball player Jake was fighting I would get it. But the UFC/MMA scene right now is kind of stale and in a bad place. There’s very few stars. And the champs are either not exciting, not being marketed/marketable, hand picking opponents that drum up very little interest or pad their resumes. The biggest news from the ufc event imo is the fight that didn’t happen and Stephens.

To be honest, I couldn't tell. I didn't give a shit about the other fight and so I didn't even look it up. And listen, again, I don't mind having a article about it. But having 90% of your page loaded with Jake Paul pictures, you don't see anything wrong with it, really?

I'm actually in agreement with your original take. I just wonder if all the posts about Saturday's event on the MMA sites has more to do with a former MMA star being one half of the main event. Regardless, I agree there should be less coverage of the cartoon shit.

On another note, MMA is not the only sport hyping up stupid shit.

NFL.COM - Vanderbilt's Sarah Fuller becomes first woman to score in a Power Five game

I'm not shocked. I said I understand. Doesn't mean I can't call them out on their whoring out for clicks. You don't seem to see anything wrong with it, that's fine. You can have your opinion.
lmao stfu. This thread sucks

Back