Starting Stronglifts 5x5 Need help!

Think drilling rigs, kinda like the TV series Black Gold

5x5 deadlifts? I think that is too much.

Hmm yeah, I didn't catch that. Just copied it out of the faq. It's a bit much but he wouldn't be squatting that day. Still I would probably only do 3x5 for the deadlifts.

@ronin0352 I work at universal in orlando (I just transered from 1 internal position to another) I listed my availability for Wed,Fri,Sat,Sun. It's scheduled that way only because I'm trying really hard to get myself a car (I have a $1100 saved up) Once I get a car, then I'll list my availibilty for only 3 or 2 days. Anyway I'll just do a two day lifting split for beginners.

8:30 am is not early at all, nor is 6:30 pm late. You can easily train before or after work and do any program you feel would fit your goals. Don't limit your training because you work 4 x 8-10 hr days. I really like training before work because even though I'm physically tired after, I feel alert and awake the rest of the day. And after heavy lifting, the rest of the day's tasks seem menial and non-taxing at all. And it doesn't sound like you're doing a real labor-intensive job anyway, so I can't think of any reason you can't train on days you work.

@ronin0352 Well I definitely won't be able to lift before work because it would be a hassle for whoever is driving me to work to first take me to the gym & then to my job. I'll try to lift after work but it really depends on what time I clock out. I don't know what my schedule will be since I just started.

If you have a good read of the Stronglifts website and ebook, you'll find out all about resting in between sets, and i'm sure somewhere in there, there is advice on if you can only train 2 days a week, might be doing 3 x 8 and 1 x 8 deadlifts. The ebook will tell you all you need.

Back