Started watching Breaking Bad..

I would have put that whole post in spoiler tags if I'd been you.

EDIT: Just got the joke.

I'm slow.

I ghost edited it anyway when I saw a few pages back the guy had already watched the finale! lol

I didn't realize how long this thread had been up!

Theres some pretty good "Scumbag Skyler" memes.

c80181f3fa6e4bd71fddd2592301e4034bf16d4799365d788a087f1abdbbad6b.jpg

8d7c04d7c98464ec80b8073870bd36a49671650115e0a9369cc12e93223a9cbc.jpg

5ba724b751b7672bda56d6f81fe9cc189b0c358a551680455a24d1e01fcdf142.jpg

58324759fd586aa6008ed669a5604c15fa2d819f8aa30fb5baf5356892f09a7b.jpg

These are all pretty desperate.

Of course she was hated, she was a woman with an opinion.

I didn't like Skylar because she took time away from the cool gangster shit the show could've been showing. And honestly, I don't see how anyone can hate her other than that simple reason. On a moral basis, Walter was obvious the worse guy. Objectively, I don't think I can feel sympathy for a drug dealing murderer being bitched at by his wife and cheated on. But Walt was the protagonist, and seeing a montage of dudes getting murked in prison is way more entertaining than seeing an angry woman on screen.

She was an irritating character (she was sort of meant to be) so I definitely get it. What I never got was why so many people liked Jesse. What a shitheel he was.

so much this. couldnt stand Jesse. couldnt stand how the show was revolving around Walter constantly bailing Jesse out and dragging him along when he absolutely didnt need him.
it was so refreshing at the end when
Jesse didnt get much screen time because he was chained down in a dungeon making meth

Last edited:
so much this. couldnt stand Jesse. couldnt stand how the show was revolving around Walter constantly bailing Jesse out and dragging him along when he absolutely didnt need him.
it was so refreshing at the end when

I think Walter saw Jesse as a kind of surrogate son or an apprentice he was mentoring. In the beginning, Walter also didn't know anything about how to go on selling his stuff, Jesse had to teach him that as well.

It started out as partnership where each had skills that the other didn't. He also taught Jesse how to cook properly and even though Jesse didn't really understand the science behind it fully, he eventually learned to cook really well.

No, he's just weak and insecure; later he was simply terrified.
Much of the affection for him is displaced pity. He was a low-level scumbag who was complacent about the harm that his lifestyle caused other people, but as he was dragged deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole by Walter, and saw the true impact of the meth industry on human beings, and saw how little Walter cared for anyone, monster that he was, Jesse's true inner decency was revealed.

I pretty much agree, Jesse was a redeemable character. This is what I posted a little over a year ago when I finished the series:

Just got done marathoning through the entire series. Awesome show.

************** S P O I L E R S **************

I was starting to lose a little interest after Gus got killed, and I officially started rooting against Walt when he decided to kill Mike for no good reason (Lydia had the names, but regardless, as long as Mike was alive making the legacy payments then Walt didn't have to worry about Mike's guys talking).

But the final act of the Breaking Bad story along with the new characters had me fully interested again as the show neared its end. I was still rooting against Walt up until the scene in Felina when he showed up at those Gray Matter douches' house. Then when he went to see Skyler, for the first time in a while I started feeling bad for Walt (and Skyler) again because he knew as he was standing there talking to her that this was the last time he'd ever see her. Or his infant daughter. When he, for Walt Jr's sake, didn't selfishly confront Jr to get his final goodbye in, Walt just looking at his son from a distance for the last time was probably the saddest moment of the entire show for me.

I was really happy Jesse survived. He gets a ton of hate, most of it deserved because he would make terrible decision after terrible decision, but he was basically being tortured by one thing or another the entire series. Hard to not feel kinda bad for the kid. And then in season 5 the torture just got infinitely more brutal for him. The scenes where: Walt told Jesse about Jane as Jesse was being taken away by the Aryans to face god knows what, as well as when Andrea was murdered, were so harsh that they actually bothered me irl. I genuinely felt disturbed by those scenes even though I of course knew it was just fiction. lol I felt like one of those English civilians in the final scene of Braveheart when they started pleading for mercy on behalf of Wallace.

I think it's interesting that Jesse became a better person as Walt became a monster. It wasn't initially presented to the audience as such, but it slowly became clear over time that Jesse was just a better human being than Walt. I think the show is to be perceived through Walt's perspective, so I contend the writers intended to distract or even trick the audience into believing it was Jesse who had ruined everything. From the Gus relationship and then with law enforcement, the writers wanted us to believe Jesse was to blame for ultimately bringing Walt to that desert where he would lose both his family and 6/7ths of his fortune all at once. This is what the audience is supposed to believe, because this is what Walt believes in the desert when, out of malice (rather than survival like the original hit he put on Jesse), Walt orders Jesse's execution and then tells him about Jane. Walt was looking for someone to blame and punish, and Jesse was the easy and apparently obvious scapegoat.

But when you look at the big picture, Walt had no one to blame but himself. Yes, their relationship with Gus permanently fractured when Walt intervened for Jesse by killing the two street dealers. It was Jesse's beef with the dealers, not Walt's, so Jesse is blamed for letting his emotional hatred of the dealers get out of control forcing Walt to step in and save him/kill the dealers. That's fine, but it's just part of the story. This wasn't some random irrational hatred Jesse had here; it came from somewhere real. In season 2 Jesse warned Walt about expanding into other dealers' turf, that people would get hurt, but Walt just angrily denigrated Jesse and greedily (greed is a theme with Walt) insisted they expand their territory. So they expanded, and as a result, Jesse's friend Combo was killed by the dealers. And this created the fatal Jesse/dealers conflict that would eventually destroy the Gus relationship. Walt and his greed were fully responsible for Combo's murder as well as the blood feud that ensued.

***By causing Combo's death, Walt set into motion a series of death and catastrophe. Combo's death, along with Walt's callous insistence of Jesse's fault, predictably sent Jesse into a meth binge that would drag his live-in recovering addict gf into a relapse that would kill her (with Walt's assistance). Crippled with grief over his daughter's death, Jane's dad unintentionally sends two planes crashing into eachother killing over 100 people. The Combo-induced drug binge landed Jesse in rehab then NA. It was at NA where Jesse met Andrea, and it was through Andrea that Jesse: learned Combo was killed by the dealers; would meet the boy who became the subject of Walt's poisoning and Jesse's turning on Walt.***

So from the beginning, it was Walt's greed that would persist in sabotaging Walt and torturing Jesse every step of the way. It was Jesse who effectively saved both of their lives by knocking Tuco out with a rock. It was Jesse who would solve Walt's dilemma by dropping charges against Hank. It was Jesse who would give in to Walt's pleas for him to replace Gale in Gus' operation. And it was of course Jesse who would save Walt's life by executing Gale.

There was a reason Mike Ehrmantraut grew a soft spot for Jesse. Jesse was loyal to a fault.

In the final season when Jesse supposedly ratted out Walt, Jesse only did what any rational person would do in that situation. He'd just learned Walt had poisoned Brock (ironically enough, Walt warned Jesse that Gus was trying to turn he and Walt against eachother -- yet it was Jesse who remained loyal and appeasing to Walt while Walt was unwittingly fulfilling Gus' objective by playing mind games and poisoning Brock). Jesse did not "go to the cops" nor did he intend to, he intended to handle his problems with Walt on his own: by burning Walt's house down lol. Hank went to Jesse, and effectively forced Jesse to choose between facing prosecution (and quite possibly death -- Walt already had Mike's guys killed in prison) or working with Hank. That's a no-brainer, and had Jesse made any other move there you would have everyone citing it as yet another example of how stupid Jesse is.

In the end, Walt knew that he couldn't blame Jesse. He couldn't hate Jesse. Walt's face when Jesse was brought into the Aryan's clubhouse room in shackles told it all. If there was any doubt, Walt went out of his way to save Jesse's life by pretending to attack him in order to get him down and out of the impending line of fire.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe when Walter gets Jesse to build a time machine so they could kill Tuco before he took them into the desert. That was wild

I couldn't believe when Walter gets Jesse to build a time machine so they could kill Tuco before he took them into the desert. That was wild

PM for more deets on your LSD connect

I didn't like Skylar because she took time away from the cool gangster shit the show could've been showing. And honestly, I don't see how anyone can hate her other than that simple reason. On a moral basis, Walter was obvious the worse guy. Objectively, I don't think I can feel sympathy for a drug dealing murderer being bitched at by his wife and cheated on. But Walt was the protagonist, and seeing a montage of dudes getting murked in prison is way more entertaining than seeing an angry woman on screen.

I agree with this. Skyler was a bitch and irritating as hell, but Walt was one of the worst scumbags in the show.

Skyler just wasn't an interesting character to see on screen. Walt was though.

I pretty much agree, Jesse was a redeemable character. This is what I posted a little over a year ago when I finished the series:

Jesse was probably one of my favorite characters. I'm surprised he got a lot of hate. I think he was the only one morally sound person on the show. Mike was cool too, but he wouldn't think to put a bullet in your head at the drop of a hat.

I still don't quite get the Skylar hate. Sure she has a shit personality, but I don't think any of her actions where particularly unreasonable.

I still don't quite get the Skylar hate. Sure she has a shit personality, but I don't think any of her actions where particularly unreasonable.

I didn't hate her by the end of the series. I don't know that many people hated her to the end, but I can't be sure. Actually I was rooting for her. She seemed to had shed the naivety which put her at odds with her sister Marie, who I don't think ever grew out of it even towards the end when Hank dies. Actually I think Marie was the more annoying character of the series.

weird bump but I 100% agree, I also couldn't stand skylers fucking guts. not sure I've ever hated anyone from a show more, other than Wendy from Ozarks.

This video changed my life

this is an awesome cliffs cartoon

Back