Started watching Breaking Bad..

A Breaking Bad thread obvs

Without nothing more than the announcement that he is watching it & that Sjylarvis a bitch. Could have used one of the umpteen other BB threads already existing for that.

I never got the Skylar hate.

I guess you don't mind constant whining.
That is pretty much what her character was about. And a little cheating.

When his son starts walking normal after leaving the police station after being interviewed at the end, stops, lights a cigarette and gets into a limo just as the detective realizes who he really is only to run outside as the car pulls away in the background.. I was shocked.

Great ending to an all time great series.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The show was good, but over rated.

Better Call Saul's 1st season > BB S01+S02.

When his son starts walking normal after leaving the police station after being interviewed at the end, stops, lights a cigarette and gets into a limo just as the detective realizes who he really is only to run outside as the car pulls away in the background.. I was shocked.

Bullshit. The real ending is that Walter was a ghost all the while and Jesse was none-the-wiser; they only figured it out in the finale.

"I see dead people, bitch!"

I agree.

Had some good moments and good acting, but so over-rated. So many people calling it "mind-blowing", "you MUST watch it" etc.

GoT is much better, in terms of rewatch-ability,

Breaking bad is regarded as the goat because the suspense in the show was second to none.

glad to see others in here think its not that good. i found it boring as shit and couldn't Finnish it,mostly cause of episodes that had to much skylar in them.

pete_postlethwaite_1804096c.jpg

I never got the Skylar hate.

Weak men are intimidated by strong females.

Skylar is a woman that knows her husband is hiding something from her, and she acts agressively to betrayal and lies. While I'd say she crossed a line by sleeping with her boss, it's not unforgivable.

And when Walt tells her the truth, she eventually comes around and even helps with the money issue.

Overall, the show wouldn't be the same without her. She's a huge source of conflict and suspense of the series, and female viewers needed a character to relate to.

that would have been crazy as f*ck.

That scene where "Flynn" hobbles out of the barn and Sandor had to put him down.

Feels.

One of the most awesome scenes in BB ...

(season 5 ep. 5 spoiler follows)

[YT]?v=M_fcdP0UVqw[/YT]

I always heard about how terrible Skylar was...then when I finally watched the show, I found her pretty annoying in the first few episodes or maybe let's say the first season, but after that I actually found her to be a sympathetic character, married to such a total scumbag in Walter White. He was way worse than her. The most annoying broad on the show was her sister.

The problem with this analysis is you are talking like Walter is a real person.

He is an unrealistically progressive character from this first to the last season.

Overall I found the show bleak and depressing.

He is an unrealistically progressive character from this first to the last season.

Overall I found the show bleak and depressing.

That's kind of the point. The show is basically about bad choices.

Walter is like a gambler who doesn't know when to quit. He beat cancer and got money and a taste of power and respect. All good, and we cheered for him. But when he could've walked away, he chose not to. He chose to push it as far as he could.

Or he's like the guy that gets bullied and disrespected his whole life. And he finally starts fighting back, and becomes the hero. But doesn't stop fighting back and eventually swings full tilt the other way and becomes the bully/bad guy himself, and has to be stopped. Like the main character from Christine.

Tremendous show, I can't find myself watching it again though.

Ended great for me

Breaking bad is regarded as the goat because the suspense in the show was second to none.
The Wire has more widespread regard as the GOAT than any other drama (or The Sopranos), but yes, the pacing in BB was unbelievable. Its ability to sustain a gripping tension in every single freaking scene was uncanny. It's like, "How the hell do you turn setup scenes into climaxes? How do you make the whole damn episode a climax??"

I was a little late ot the Breaking Bad party but once I startd to watch it I couldn't stop watching it. I literally watched the entire series in a week this year in late January. Other then going to work and sleeping that was basically all I did for a week.

It may have been more like 8 days now that I think about it. But still the same point. It was the dead of winter so nothing to do outside with everything covered in snow. I just let my DVR build up since I wasn't watching anything else.

The way I watch TV series on Netflix is once I watch it once I'm done with it foreveron Netflix to see how many shows I can check off of the listings.

But I heard BB was a great show a few years ago but never really wanted to get into the show mid way so kind of just waited for the show to end but then I was always in the middle of another show like Friday Night Lights or something like that. Until I finally got around to watching it.

Back