Started this thing as a Jones hater, evolved in to a DC fan

VegetaGD

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yes, in the spirit of turning over a new leaf for the new year, I'll go first and confess. I've never really liked Jon Jones and almost always pull for his opponents although I rarely become big enough fans to follow them after the Jones fight unless I'm already a fan.

As this fight was announced, I was happy to see that Jones was matched with someone who stood a legit shot to beat him up, but not much more. It wasn't as if I didn't know of DC, I just hadn't watched a lot more than the fights themselves so I didn't have a great idea of his personality.

Over the past 4 months (counting all the promotional media) DC has really grown on me and I'm actually pulling for both a Jones loss and a DC win as opposed to just hoping Jones will lose.

Who's in the same boat as me in that they're a newly minted DC fan?

Cyborg Santos would like you to take a look at her career and evaluate whether or not you are also really a fan of hers too.

Also Johny Hendricks would like a word, circa his loss to GSP.

I've been a DC fan ever since I heard there was a guy in Strikeforce who people were calling "Black Fedor" and "Emelianegro"

I was only salty at DC for about 5 minutes after he was done throttling Barnett....and then I watched the throw about 50 times and decided I liked him.

It was just a sweet bonus that Carlton decided to beef with Jones(who I just have never been able to like) and win Dancing With The Stars.

ALways liked him. That is, when I first heard about him, meaning SF GP ;)

I used to be a HUGE Jones fan. And then we, Toronto, we booed him. Somewhere along the road we started hating him. I remember I had trouble watching the Jones vs bader fight because I liked both a lot.

I am a DC fan because he's awesome man. He doesn't pretend to be soft or anything like Jones goes around.

Jones hater and DC fan are the same thing around here. That is nothing new TS.

Yes, in the spirit of turning over a new leaf for the new year, I'll go first and confess. I've never really liked Jon Jones and almost always pull for his opponents although I rarely become big enough fans to follow them after the Jones fight unless I'm already a fan.

As this fight was announced, I was happy to see that Jones was matched with someone who stood a legit shot to beat him up, but not much more. It wasn't as if I didn't know of DC, I just hadn't watched a lot more than the fights themselves so I didn't have a great idea of his personality.

Over the past 4 months (counting all the promotional media) DC has really grown on me and I'm actually pulling for both a Jones loss and a DC win as opposed to just hoping Jones will lose.

Who's in the same boat as me in that they're a newly minted DC fan?

So you don't like Jones, but you are now going to be a fan of a guy who is still whining and bitching about some alleged slight that occurred YEARS ago? Cool story bro. Tell it again...

I don't like Jones. I like Cormier even less. Dan has whined more about some hurtful words than my three year old daughter did when she was injured at daycare and required seven stitches to close a gash on her chin. FYI - getting a needle in your chin to dull the pain hurts like fuck. And my daughter, bless her heart, barely said a word. So yeah, not going to be a fan of a guy that whines more than an injured three year old. Ever. Cormier needs to grow up. Perhaps Dan's parents should have done more to tell him that sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you...

Disagree. Lots of the Jones haters will leaping off DC's jock if he doesn't get it done on Saturday, but I think I'll be paying attention to DC's future fights regardless as will many of the "converts".

I was only salty at DC for about 5 minutes after he was done throttling Barnett....and then I watched the throw about 50 times and decided I liked him.

It was just a sweet bonus that Carlton decided to beef with Jones(who I just have never been able to like) and win Dancing With The Stars.

carlton-banks-frikarte-290x290.jpg

:icon_lol:

We'll see if you're still a fan if Jon beats him. Lots of Gus "fans" disappeared after he got injured and DC took his space.

Don't be silly, OP. You'll forget DC exists the second he loses to Jones.

As long as dc doesnt make us sit through his horrible promo skills, I'm fine with him

Been a fan ever since he stepped in on short notice for the heavyweight gp and knocked out bigfoot. Was a bit sour after the fedor loss.

Been a fan ever since he stepped in on short notice for the heavyweight gp and knocked out bigfoot. Was a bit sour after the fedor loss.

Skimming the comments, I thought your post started: "beer fan." Sweet. Me too.

the official "and newwwww" dance for Saturday

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

Disagree. Lots of the Jones haters will leaping off DC's jock if he doesn't get it done on Saturday, but I think I'll be paying attention to DC's future fights regardless as will many of the "converts".

We will see
tumblr_m10f1hPr9X1qkzr9fo2_500.gif

Cormier has become my hero. The way he handles BS and carries himself is top notch.
Oh and he kicks ass.

Back