Started chemotherapy today.

Wicked gift my coworkers dropped off today lol!

2eckpio.jpg

It will actually be quite insightful reading about your experiences throughout your treatment here.

Wishing you the best, TS. I think you'll do fine.

I never had cancer, just a cancer scare. It was a 5 month nightmare of doctors telling me I probably had lymphoma and performing biopsy after biopsy to try to determine the type. Finally, they told me I was in for some harsh chemo. I was admitted to the oncology ward and they decided they needed to run more tests since I wasn't exhibiting the expected physical symptoms for the type of lymphoma they thought I had.

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks: first week going stir crazy while they did x-rays and ct scans; second week recovering from a splenectomy. It was the loneliest week of my life since my loved ones were sick and couldn't visit.

The official diagnosis is sarcoidosis. It's been pretty stable, but I'm still having to deal with the effects of having been unaware of having this disease for so many years while having a diet that was causing major issues, unbeknownst to me.

What led up to your splenectomy? Did you have splenomegaly for a long time? How large was it. If you don't mind me asking.

Just focus on things that are in your hand Bro. I hope you get well soon and all this will be a tremendous growing experience that will make you live your life more fully. <3

Good luck, bro. Take care of yourself. Eat healthy.

The number one fear I have with cancer is just not knowing I have it until it's too late.
How do these things get diagnosed, do people feel they have it or not(I'm sure it's different with different kinds of cancers, but in general)?

The number one fear I have with cancer is just not knowing I have it until it's too late.
How do these things get diagnosed, do people feel they have it or not(I'm sure it's different with different kinds of cancers, but in general)?

That is the shitty part of cancer, it can be tough to diagnose. I'm lucky I had pain symptoms, or else I may not have noticed until it went to my brain and just knocked me dead.

Colon cancer is genetic in my family, I'm just way, way early. Protocol is to start screening 10 years prior to the oldest case, which was my mom at 56. My family doctor was wanting to start screening me at 35 or 40 just to be safe haha.

my thoughts are with you
stay strong, TS.

My thoughts are with you ts. Hope all goes well and you can still post it up on Sherdog for many more moons.

good luck man. lost both of my mothers parents to cancer so its also in my family (and heart issues on my dads side)

keep your chin up

Best of luck, man. Staying positive is the key.

My dad had prostate cancer when he was 48. His treatment involved surgery then radiation. The latter cost him a few things but he's alive and well at 73 (knock on wood).

And I forgot to add: good luck and you're in my thoughts. I'm glad you're in a country that offers speedy, affordable health care.

Back