Started chemotherapy today.

Sorry to hear that TS, stay strong and stay POSITIVE.

Somebody very close to me was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and a few years down the line they are completely cancer free.

Wishing you all the best!

I can't remember his username but there was an occasional poster here who beat lymph node leukemia, it's EASILY doable considering your age.

Sorry to hear that TS, stay strong and stay POSITIVE.

Somebody very close to me was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and a few years down the line they are completely cancer free.

Wishing you all the best!

Like passing ships. <3. Won't derail the thread but hello.

28?

I will pray for you. You're young and strong. You can do this.

Best of luck TS, ain't no thang but a chicken wing.

Stay mentally strong TS.

My uncle had prostate cancer and my friends dad had it as well.
They both won their battles and are cancer free today.

Stay mentally strong TS.

My uncle had prostate cancer and my friends dad had it as well.
They both won their battles and are cancer free today.

That's awesome.

I don't really like to talk about it but my best guy friend just got rid of testicular cancer. We just went out in London 3 weeks ago and he's...changed. He's always been lovely but a right prick too. The prickness has gone down loads.

I think I saw something on the news that said something like depending on the time of day or stage of cell division, cancer cells are most vulnerable to treatment.

Testicular Cancer survivor here. Had surgery to remove "lefty", was put on surveillance for two years, given clean bill of health, 3-6 months later routine blood test found cancer was back. Had very slowly spread to at least my abdomen, but they were so worried it was farther and hard to detect that they blasted me with a heavy dose of chemo. 3 rounds of BEP (Bleomycin, Etoposide, Cisplatin). It was f'n awful. Had almost every side effect to the max. Was off work for 4 months.

However, the reason they do that and almost kill you in the process is because it works! So keep your spirits up, drink LOTS of water and even have them give you saline before/after chemo injections. What specific drug regimen are you doing?

Every chemo protocol is different, as there are many different drugs and combos for the different cell/tumor types. Even your staging can alter which type of chemo you get, if you are allergic to a certain drug, etc. Each round of my treatment was 3 weeks long, and the first week of the cycle i was in the chemo room all day every day. Some cycles for other cancer types are one day a month, for a couple hours. It all depends.

Hopefully your drugs are easier to tolerate than mine were. Bleo for example, works by frickin breaking DNA. You are being killed, and the combination of the drugs slightly targets your cancer more than the rest of your body.

EDIT: OK so I looked it up real quick, you are probably on the FOLFOX regime. The main agent is also a platinum based chemical, but apparently has less side effects and the effects aren't as bad. Which is great! Be sure to take your anti-emetics (no-puke pills) and tell your chemo nurse or oncologist about any side effects immediately. Get some of that medical mary-jane.

Last edited:
I just want to say FUCK some cancer.

War TS!! Kick cancer's ass real good, best of luck to you.

I'm only 28. It's in my genetics, this is just way, WAY earlier than anticipated.

Dr is confident that this chemo will work. In 3 months time we do another CT scan, then continue treatment if working or switch it up.

i had a friend of a friend who had the exact same issue; although believe it or not he was even younger than you when diagnosed. he was successfully treated over ten years ago. last i heard he was still doing well, and in perfect health.

good luck to you.

Testicular Cancer survivor here. Had surgery to remove "lefty", was put on surveillance for two years, given clean bill of health, 3-6 months later routine blood test found cancer was back. Had very slowly spread to at least my abdomen, but they were so worried it was farther and hard to detect that they blasted me with a heavy dose of chemo. 3 rounds of BEP (Bleomycin, Etoposide, Cisplatin). It was f'n awful. Had almost every side effect to the max. Was off work for 4 months.

However, the reason they do that and almost kill you in the process is because it works! So keep your spirits up, drink LOTS of water and even have them give you saline before/after chemo injections. What specific drug regimen are you doing?

Every chemo protocol is different, as there are many different drugs and combos for the different cell/tumor types. Even your staging can alter which type of chemo you get, if you are allergic to a certain drug, etc. Each round of my treatment was 3 weeks long, and the first week of the cycle i was in the chemo room all day every day. Some cycles for other cancer types are one day a month, for a couple hours. It all depends.

Hopefully your drugs are easier to tolerate than mine were. Bleo for example, works by frickin breaking DNA. You are being killed, and the combination of the drugs slightly targets your cancer more than the rest of your body.

EDIT: OK so I looked it up real quick, you are probably on the FOLFOX regime. The main agent is also a platinum based chemical, but apparently has less side effects and the effects aren't as bad. Which is great! Be sure to take your anti-emetics (no-puke pills) and tell your chemo nurse or oncologist about any side effects immediately. Get some of that medical mary-jane.

Wow, amazing advice here. How long was this and how do you feel now?

My besty didn't get to that chemo stage, they just lobbed it out. I've always wondered if he's telling me stories though so I won't be sad for him.

Well done, mate.

Back