Started beer 6 months ago - tire on abs and chin fat now

I'm 32 and can drink 40 beers a week with no effect. Im slim. 6'1" and 180lbs. Just waiting for my droopy middle aged body to take over because I suspect it will start happening soon. That and my hairline.

Your body does begin to slow down as you age, its natural, you do get old. Even though their are guys in their 50s n 60s at the gym, you put a just as motivated 20 year old in their against them and it's zero competition. Even though I'm super motivated now, at my older age, my younger version still may have kicked my ass due to energy alone, lol.
It's funny because I'm usually mirin the older dudes in the gym with amazing physiques than the all of the dudes in the 20s that are jacked at my gym.

I can't help but to wonder what they'll look like in 15 or 20 years when they're in their 40s. How many of them will still be jacked and cut. Probably not many.

My younger version of myself definitely could not kick my current ass. I didn't start boxing until I turned 30 and even though I stopped competing at 35, I'm still in much better shape than I was in my 20s.

It's funny because I'm usually mirin the older dudes in the gym with amazing physiques than the all of the dudes in the 20s that are jacked at my gym.

I can't help but to wonder what they'll look like in 15 or 20 years when they're in their 40s. How many of them will still be jacked and cut. Probably not many.

My younger version of myself definitely could not kick my current ass. I didn't start boxing until I turned 30 and even though I stopped competing at 35, I'm still in much better shape than I was in my 20s.

Just saying, if I was as motivated back then as I am now, woulda been amazing. I barely tried when I was younger and could still accomplish a lot, now I have to work almost twice as hard to get the same results. The working my ass off part makes me better for it, but I can only wonder the possibilities if I had that same drive back then.

Just saying, if I was as motivated back then as I am now, woulda been amazing. I barely tried when I was younger and could still accomplish a lot, now I have to work almost twice as hard to get the same results. The working my ass off part makes me better for it, but I can only wonder the possibilities if I had that same drive back then.
I agree with you there. I too wish I had the motivation when I was in my early 20s to ditch the partying and hit the gym... boxing and weights consistently. I did lift quite a bit from 18-21 but I didn't dedicate myself that much to it. I saw results with half assed effort. Then I gave up from 21 to 30 and found myself having to play catch up when I hired a boximg trainer, just to get to the point where I wasn't feeling like I got hit by a truck after a workout.

How do you train that much at your age and not stay injured?
It's a struggle, and I'm quickly approaching the age where its going to stop being possible, so I'm making the most of it now.

I definitely still get run down. Last year I was doing intermittent fasting while training that much and I think that was a mistake, as I don't think I was getting enough calories to support my training. While i wasnt injured, I did up getting a bad run of skin infections because my body couldn't handle the stress. I've since dropped the fasting (even though I do like how it makes me feel generally speaking) and I've noticed I'm able to handle the workload a lot better.

But basically it's just about taking care of my body and listening to it, which I'm getting better at. Lots of good food, at least 7 hours sleep every night (preferably 8), regular yoga and stretching, plus sports massages every few weeks to deal with any little niggles. I also try to vary the intensity of my training. Some classes I'll only have one of two rolls, for example.

Jiu jitsu is easily one of the most important things in my life, and I prioritise it accordingly.

Last edited:
When's the last time you did a sit up Roy Nelson??

lol literally every male in his 30's goes through this when the cold hard reality that they are now suffering the effects of aging sets in. There is nothing you can do stop the relentless deterioration of every cell in your body. All you can do is attempt to slow it down. But it will get you sooner or later.

Reminder that Joe Rogan is an insanely wealthy man who has spent millions trying to fight this yet still looks like a bloated frog.

I am 31 and this post makes me feel so sad.

I can still look sexy with a proper diet and staying on Keto and lots of excercise.

randy couture looked sexy as fuck at 46

I agree with you there. I too wish I had the motivation when I was in my early 20s to ditch the partying and hit the gym... boxing and weights consistently. I did lift quite a bit from 18-21 but I didn't dedicate myself that much to it. I saw results with half assed effort. Then I gave up from 21 to 30 and found myself having to play catch up when I hired a boximg trainer, just to get to the point where I wasn't feeling like I got hit by a truck after a workout.
I believe having a mentor or anyone giving you positive direction in those free spirited days is key. That's why it saddens me to see parents, who have the blueprint to mental and physical success today, not even try to relay that to their kids. My parents were immigrants and had no clue how to eat or train properly, so I can't blame them, but if I didn't practice this new found discipline around my kids, I would be ashamed.

Much like yourself, I didn't begin to grasp any of this until I was into my 30s. Imagine someone instilling all of it into you from birth. You'd be a spartan lol.

1 or 2 a day?

Why don't you just drink 12 every 4 or 5 days like a normal person?

Back