Started beer 6 months ago - tire on abs and chin fat now

lol literally every male in his 30's goes through this when the cold hard reality that they are now suffering the effects of aging sets in. There is nothing you can do stop the relentless deterioration of every cell in your body. All you can do is attempt to slow it down. But it will get you sooner or later.

Reminder that Joe Rogan is an insanely wealthy man who has spent millions trying to fight this yet still looks like a bloated frog.

To be honest, this probably starts around 28-29 (or that's when I felt it). Simple recipe to look good. Eat low calories, lift weights, drink lots of water/green tea, play at least one cardio intensive sport, make sure you moisturize, and eat lots of organic vegetables, fruits, fish, eggs, and whole grains. It's not hard!
As we get older, we move around less, eat the same amount (or in most cases more) and we lose discipline, which leads to weight gain, and overall sluggishness.

but I also do as much jiu jitsu as my body can handle (up to 7 classes per week), which definitely has a lot to do with it. Plus I eat clean.
Full stop.

Moral of the story is eat right and excercise. It's so simple.

\
From Reddit:
c9bf10a38753faba559536721d070ac3.jpg

Lol...dude's begging for a massive heart attack. Diabetes, the works..

Quit picking on retarded swimmers at the pool!

You might not think of alcohol as having same calories as food, but it does.

Beer is the enemy of looking in shape, especially as you age.

I have no doubt that not all calories are equal in that regard. If i cut my calorie count but keep drinking beer while also being active, I may lose weight but I still tend to carry some weight around the gut, i cannot shed it. I get thinner than i want elsewhere while still showing signs of a gut.

If I cut out beer but eat more and remain active, I can shed fat while adding muscle.

I love beer but can no longer drink it regularly. Wine or hard liquor does not have that impact on me.

Not literally every male.
It's mostly genetics (never been fat in my entire life), but I also do as much jiu jitsu as my body can handle (up to 7 classes per week), which definitely has a lot to do with it. Plus I eat clean.
How do you train that much at your age and not stay injured?

lol literally every male in his 30's goes through this when the cold hard reality that they are now suffering the effects of aging sets in. There is nothing you can do stop the relentless deterioration of every cell in your body. All you can do is attempt to slow it down. But it will get you sooner or later.

Reminder that Joe Rogan is an insanely wealthy man who has spent millions trying to fight this yet still looks like a bloated frog.

Meh, partially true.

When you're younger, sure, you can down a whole large pizza and 2 liters of soda down without gaining an ounce, well some people could I suppose. Age can definitely catch up on you like a stealthy serial killer in the night, you won't know what hit you and you'll wake up in tears, scared for your own personal health, lol.

You pretty much have to change your diet, hit the gym or workout physically a few days a week and stay consistent, cut back on your drinking, or just stop outright, pretty much live how you always probably should have. Humans eat and drink like shit so it's no wonder they lose a handle on their bodies once their metabolism begins to dip. You have to bust your ass after let's say 30ish cause, especially after 40, or its all downhill.

Rogan I'm sure takes "supplements", and as most older people who rely on these "supplements", it can and sometimes will bloat or have other adverse effects, especially when you come off it. I know people in the gym well into their 50s and 60s looking phenomenal without the use of these certain "supplements" some people are just lazy with their diet I've noticed.

LOL of taking selfies and post them on reddit.
I hope you stay fat and sweaty forever

Beer is the enemy of looking in shape, especially as you age.

I have no doubt that not all calories are equal in that regard. If i cut my calorie count but keep drinking beer while also being active, I may lose weight but I still tend to carry some weight around the gut, i cannot shed it. I get thinner than i want elsewhere while still showing signs of a gut.

If I cut out beer but eat more and remain active, I can shed fat while adding muscle.

I'm finding that.
I'm in shape - great shape, but the lower abs and fucking chin strap, despite eating super healthy in every respect, just won't fade.

Therefore it's gotta be attributable to the beer.

Now, up until yesterday, I fuckin' HAD to have a beer.
Part of my daily program.
As of yesterday, and hopefully further days to come, I didn't feel that fucking NEED.

2 or 3 weeks maintaining this should answer the question whether beer is the cause of this unsightliness.
I love beer but can no longer drink it regularly. Wine or hard liquor does not have that impact on me.

I wrote a reply to this didn't appear.

Basically was, yes - I think beer causes the problem.
Dropping it and we'll see after a month if I lose the chin strap and muffin top.

I wrote a reply to this didn't appear.

Basically was, yes - I think beer causes the problem.
Dropping it and we'll see after a month if I lose the chin strap and muffin top.
Think of the guys you know who drink way too much beer. Basically Beeroholics and what shape they are in.

It is rare to see a fat alcoholic who consumes mostly spirits or wine. They are usually thin and drawn looking.

Meh, partially true.

When you're younger, sure, you can down a whole large pizza and 2 liters of soda down without gaining an ounce, well some people could I suppose. Age can definitely catch up on you like a stealthy serial killer in the night, you won't know what hit you and you'll wake up in tears, scared for your own personal health, lol.

You pretty much have to change your diet, hit the gym or workout physically a few days a week and stay consistent, cut back on your drinking, or just stop outright, pretty much live how you always probably should have. Humans eat and drink like shit so it's no wonder they lose a handle on their bodies once their metabolism begins to dip. You have to bust your ass after let's say 30ish cause, especially after 40, or its all downhill.

Rogan I'm sure takes "supplements", and as most older people who rely on these "supplements", it can and sometimes will bloat or have other adverse effects, especially when you come off it. I know people in the gym well into their 50s and 60s looking phenomenal without the use of these certain "supplements" some people are just lazy with their diet I've noticed.

Similar to this, I'm questioning the "youth = lean" hypothesis.

I knew plenty of dudes in their early 20's who stopped exercises, drank too much, ate like shit - and they got fat.
Some of those dudes were lean as hell before also.

I personally hypothesize it's more so, when you get older, your mentality shifts. As a result, we can become more sedentary, and dealing with stressors, rely more on beer and alcohol as stress relievers, more than a social crutch (as youth culture does)?

I just struggle to accept this idea of "cells slow down" - if feels like bullshinanigans and a cop out, frankly.

Other thing with me is, being pretty slender since forever, I wanted to fill out more - always had a six pack but it was like, a slender six pack.
I wanted a six pack that some chick could lick chocolate sauce off.

And biceps, fuckin' bulging, delts - blocks on muh shoulders.
Cause why?
That's what it really takes to get chicks fired up.

Never used gear (potential hair loss), never gonna - probably end up looking like Rogan.

So the only answer was to hold weight better.
But what I've learned is, it's a fine line to tread cause, when you hold weight, over do it even a little - and next thing you look like the inflatable man.

So from here on out (fingers crossed) - no more beer!
(I hate spirits though).

Any suggestions for healthy replacement for beer - that doesn't have the sharp taste of high alcohol percentage?

Well 2 things:
- yeah the dad bod phenomenon that creeps in between 30 and 45 is a real thing and it is very hard to get rid of once it's there
- in my anecdotal experience alcohol and especially beer does absolutely make your body gain weight in a particular way. It makes your gut bigger and bloats your neck / face area. I have noticed it on myself.

Similar to this, I'm questioning the "youth = lean" hypothesis.

I knew plenty of dudes in their early 20's who stopped exercises, drank too much, ate like shit - and they got fat.
Some of those dudes were lean as hell before also.

I personally hypothesize it's more so, when you get older, your mentality shifts. As a result, we can become more sedentary, and dealing with stressors, rely more on beer and alcohol as stress relievers, more than a social crutch (as youth culture does)?

I just struggle to accept this idea of "cells slow down" - if feels like bullshinanigans and a cop out, frankly.

Other thing with me is, being pretty slender since forever, I wanted to fill out more - always had a six pack but it was like, a slender six pack.
I wanted a six pack that some chick could lick chocolate sauce off.

And biceps, fuckin' bulging, delts - blocks on muh shoulders.
Cause why?
That's what it really takes to get chicks fired up.

Never used gear (potential hair loss), never gonna - probably end up looking like Rogan.

So the only answer was to hold weight better.
But what I've learned is, it's a fine line to tread cause, when you hold weight, over do it even a little - and next thing you look like the inflatable man.

So from here on out (fingers crossed) - no more beer!
(I hate spirits though).

Any suggestions for healthy replacement for beer - that doesn't have the sharp taste of high alcohol percentage?

Well I can safely say I did drink a ton lot more when I was in my early to mid 20s, I was partying and hitting the clubs fierce. I ate like absolute shit and worked out maybe twice a week at best. I still had a pretty good physique and felt great most of the time, rarely getting sick even though I'd sometimes go on 2 or 3 day benders.

Now it's a huge deal if I spend a single night out with the boys in a couple months which rarely happens, even when it does, it takes a lot longer to recover from a night of partying. Now I have to workout a few days a week, I usually put in 5-6, and eat clean to maintain a good body.

Your body does begin to slow down as you age, its natural, you do get old. Even though their are guys in their 50s n 60s at the gym, you put a just as motivated 20 year old in their against them and it's zero competition. Even though I'm super motivated now, at my older age, my younger version still may have kicked my ass due to energy alone, lol.

The raw energy, the endurance I had when I was younger was amazing considering how poorly I treated my body. I could only imagine how much stronger and faster I could have been had I dedicated myself like I do now.

Back