Started beer 6 months ago - tire on abs and chin fat now

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by EatMyShorts, Feb 6, 2020.

1. EatMyShorts Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I never quite understood the concept of "empty calories" but, it appears for all intents and purposes they're the kind that makes you look like a fat middle aged semi-lethargic mug.

I'm gonna be honest.
    I normally love shooting selfies of myself and posting them on reddit.

But wow, I started hitting beer back in August, not much - just 1 or 2 cans a day
    Everything else is the same - and since then, frankly, I'm too ashamed to post selfies on reddit anymore.

I was skinny as a motherfucker in my teens and 20's, went hell bent on getting stacked around mid 20's, achieved it around 30's, now early 30's I put on weight pretty easily.
    3 years ago I was 75 kgs, went up to about 100 kgs of solid muscle, but since August, another 5 to 6 kgs onto that with fat.

Around the under chin, and lower abs, fuckin' muffin like.

I modified every other aspect of my diet - reduced late night calories, cut way down on sugar and gluten intake, I mean - pretty damn healthy all around.

But maintained my 1 to 2 cans of beer a day schedule.

And my middle-aged-man appearance has stayed.

As of today, I've abstained and am determined to exclude beer completely for the next month and see what kind of difference it makes.

So what it is?

Is this late onset genetics - like how latin women get a big ass in their 30's - or actually attributable to a couple cans of brew, daily?

2. eighterumg5 Brown Belt

I quit reading at " shooting selfies"...

3. dissectingaorticaneurysm Red Belt

lol literally every male in his 30's goes through this when the cold hard reality that they are now suffering the effects of aging sets in. There is nothing you can do stop the relentless deterioration of every cell in your body. All you can do is attempt to slow it down. But it will get you sooner or later.

Reminder that Joe Rogan is an insanely wealthy man who has spent millions trying to fight this yet still looks like a bloated frog.

4. Uptown Swinger --⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆- ✡ -⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆--

\
    From Reddit:
    [​IMG]

5. esant707 Blue Belt

You post selfies of your body on reddit?

6. kahiljabroni Black Belt

I'm on the same drinking schedule myself...added 2-500 calories a night add up. Don't think I've put on weight tho...combination of intermittent fasting and cutting snacks.

7. Milgrim Australopithecus - not your average hominid

Part of it is age and it starts in your 30's. I could eat anything and lots of it in my 20's, because I was very active with sports.

I started gaining weight in my 30's even though I was still very active, so I had to change my eating. Weight gone, all good.

In my 40's I cut back on the sports and started gaining weight again. Made more adjustments, weight gone, all good.

Now I'm 50, in better shape than most my age, but yeah, I have to pay attention to everything I eat (and drink).That's just how it is.

Cut out the beer and eat salad and fish etc. way more often than you want to. Or just be a fatty. It's up to you.

8. INTERL0PER Brown Belt

Not literally every male.

I'm 35 with a six pack. Can't imagine shit going too far south in the next five years that I end up overweight.

It's mostly genetics (never been fat in my entire life), but I also do as much jiu jitsu as my body can handle (up to 7 classes per week), which definitely has a lot to do with it. Plus I eat clean.

I'm not alone at jiu jitsu either. Plenty of guys in their thirties in excellent shape. Couple of ripped guys in their forties too. Saw a guy who's 56 bust out ten chin ups after class the other day too.

9. TeTe Kaep's white privileged upbringing belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

Hope youre proud of yourself. One of the big reasons I'm in amazing shape at 40 and continue to get in better shape is because I haven't drank alcohol in 17 years.

10. EatMyShorts Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Not a big beer drinking + picking up chicks scene in San Diego?

11. Nate banged my mom Brown Belt

Find another forum you skinny fat neckbeard. This forum is for 6’5 250lb 8% body fat alphas only

12. supnmunm Brown Belt

Awesome story. You sound thick. Flabby. Loose. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, flabby, thick and loose you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

13. method115 Titanium Belt

My ex's brother used to just smoke weed and chill most of the time. Well at one point he got heavily into drinking beer like a 12 pack a night. This is when I realized what people meant by beer gut. It was insane watching him go from an average build to a huge gut. After that though he got hooked on pills and shriveled up.

14. blaseblah Steel Belt

What do you mean by 2 beers? Bud light or the heavy stuff? That could be 1000 extra calories per day. It adds up quick. Just like you'd start losing fat if you reduced your diet by 1000 calories.

I drink beer to get a good buzz going so it'd be a waste of calories if I did 1-2 every day. I prefer to wait for the weekend.

15. Bloody Pulp Gold Belt

Beers are high in calories. Whiskey is not. You’re welcome.

16. revoltub Gold Card

Shut up fatty

17. puppybird the wasteland champ

Optimists in the house, say yeah!!

18. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

If I could stop drinking beer I'd be in ok nick rather than this bloody dad bod.

19. Rholk Green Belt

I love stories with a happy end

20. TheNinja Gold Belt

This, OP. It's not necessarily the beer, though alcohol is empty calories. It's the fact you changed nothing else in your life and added probably 200-400 calories a day. It only takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. You do the math. If you are going to add beer you gotta cut out some other calories if you want to maintain your weight.