Social Starbuck's new homeless policy is a joke

Bucks used to be one of my places to piss stop during work. Stopped using their bathrooms with the change in policy cause they are now cesspools.

I don't have a Starbucks story, the Starbucks near my house is very nice and there aren't any homeless in the area.

But I did watch a woman OD in a coffee shop in Baltimore one time and get Narcanned (Naloxone). But she came into the shop high, she didn't use the shop's bathroom.

I love using narcan on junkies. Steal that high right away from them lol.

Really? Are you serious or are you just plain retarded? How does telling a guy to stop being disruptive considered bullying? The guy was banging his chair against the table, slamming and even appeared to stabbing his notebook with his pen, all the while staring at me in a threatening manner all because I decided to move away from him. You think I'm supposed to feel safe in this situation? Seriously, some of you fucking weirdos have a twisted idea of what's considered bullying and what's not. Honestly, I've seen more instances of members engage in sociopathic abuse against others all while being protected under the cloak of anonymity in this forum than in real life. With this fact in mind, there's no reason to think that your stupidass opinion is valid.

Step outside into the real world and experience a real confrontation for once. You'll be changing your tune in an instant. Fucking hypocrites.
I have no desire to "step into the real world and experience a real confrontation" though. That seems like a weird way to live imo.

Lmao @ calling out a homeless dude and then coming here to brag about it. That’s almost as bad as going to Starbucks.

The added bit about your muscular physique was a good touch.
Should have added in humble brag of 8 inch cock, BJJ black belt , six figure job , 6’4 250 , smoking hot girl(s), access to unlimited primo yayo , volunteeeing at soup kitchen 3x week , going to church every Sunday, driving hybrid to save earth , and teaching disadvantaged youth how to read on Saturday’s.

TS are you the man suffering from schizophrenia and what you scribbled down on your notepad was the first draft for your thread?

Really? Are you serious or are you just plain retarded? How does telling a guy to stop being disruptive considered bullying? The guy was banging his chair against the table, slamming and even appeared to stabbing his notebook with his pen, all the while staring at me in a threatening manner all because I decided to move away from him. You think I'm supposed to feel safe in this situation? Seriously, some of you fucking weirdos have a twisted idea of what's considered bullying and what's not. Honestly, I've seen more instances of members engage in sociopathic abuse against others all while being protected under the cloak of anonymity in this forum than in real life. With this fact in mind, there's no reason to think that your stupidass opinion is valid.

Step outside into the real world and experience a real confrontation for once. You'll be changing your tune in an instant. Fucking hypocrites.
youre young so you dont get it....yet....but the fact of the matter is in life a person has no right to tell someone else what to do, in this situation the only right you were entitled to was to leave and seek your solace elsewhere....whether failure of the establishment or just as you say... a disruptive person...its YOU that chose to be there...no one forced you to....but you decided on going there and once there...set yourself to task making sure everything was to YOUR liking....

it is bullying....you outright tried to force him to comply with what YOUR idea of normal is and when it didnt work...you sought out other people to support you in order to get this stranger to comply with what YOU thought was right...what do you think is bullying exactly? lol

if you didnt feel safe in that situation((or any situation for that matter)) the best answer is to leave... ok so the guy made you scared and feel unsafe...you started your bitchfit and lets say the guy calmed down then...would you now feel safe knowing that this loose cannon that you already have voiced issue with is no longer a danger to you that he was? or do you feel that the only way to become "safe" in this situation is for one of you to leave?

but I guess its only bullying when done to you, you couldnt possibly be guilty of such a thing since...you know....you dont have a stupidass opinion lol...

Edit: lol.....Im pretty sure given the way youre bragging about handling this situation...youve had very few physical confrontations in your life...you should perhaps not thrown stones .....starbucks has alot of windows...

I fell like the new norm is to let bullies and Jerks be Jerks and just meekly take it.
Yes the dude is homeless, but having him around a cafe all day isn't helping anyone.

I think you escalated a situation that could have been ignored. I know it’s frustrating, but it’s not your store, so he has a right to be there until the store owner decides otherwise. It would have been better to just leave the guy alone and leave with your coffee.

As a side note, I did watch a woman OD in a coffee shop in Baltimore one time and get Narcanned (Naloxone). But she came into the shop high, she didn't use the shop's bathroom.
Haha I have a story to share as well. I used to work for Pepsi and was in a Giant. Had the paramedics and cops come. Dude rolled into the grocery store and drank a whole bunch of mouthwash and passed out on the floor.

Bucks used to be one of my places to piss stop during work. Stopped using their bathrooms with the change in policy cause they are now cesspools.
Starbucks is too good for your piss???
Elitism is out of control in this country.
Literal yellow card
<Deported1>

I will confess to disliking people who spend hours in coffee shops doing anything other than drinking coffee on their way to somewhere else.

I get the Starbucks business model and why it's successful, I just don't like it personally. When I wander into a Starbucks and there's a bunch of adults on laptops doing shit, I just want to shake them and tell them to go home.

The issue with the homeless and the home-having basically living in Starbucks just irks me.
What about it irks you? That they're taking up space?

I do a shit ton of my work in cafes. Home is for sleeping, eating, and relaxing for me. There's just too many distractions at home as well. I get way more work done when im outside.
Library is too quiet..smells like feet..And i can't have a drink or snack there. Cafe is the perfect spot to do some reading or writing.

Is this just another case of a SJW virtue signaling gone awry?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a short summary of their policy regarding homeless people.

Tl;Dr warning:

Story time:

So last week, I stopped by at a Starbucks in one of the nicer parts of San Diego to get a cup of joe and buckle down and get some studying done. Since all the smaller tables by the walls were occupied, I opted to sit by the large table shared by several customers in the middle of the room. One of the occupants of said table was a disheveled, homeless looking guy - possibly afflicted with schizophrenia - with his belongings strewn about all around his chair. The guy was repeatedly getting up from his seat, banging his chair against the table, and furiously scribbling something into his notebook. After a minute or two of enduring this, I notice one of the smaller tables was being freed up, so I immediately migrated over there so I can get some work done in peace.
Homeless Guy probably didn't take too kindly that I was moving away from him, and he continued to act like a nuisance but only this time shot a menacing glance at me occasionally and slammed his pen onto the table after he was finished scribbling. The menacing glances and noises were so unnerving that I finally lost my shit and called him out for his behavior.

"Yo, could you stop being disruptive, man?"
"What?" he replied.
"Could you stop being disruptive? You're making these noises and it's really unsettling me."

I can't exactly remember what he replied next, but to the best of my ability, I can only recall that he said he didn't do anything, was having a bad day, and that I was a bully for picking on him. It was all incoherent garbage that I couldn't make sense of, but the last part about bullying got me livid immediately. Bullying people, especially those afflicted with mental illness is not my cup of tea. It's quite dickish, and I'm fervently against it.

He then made a few remarks about my physical appearance and how he was not afraid of me despite "having 45 lbs on him and being big and muscular" (his words verbatim). That comment really threw me off because I perceived it to be a threat. Not once did I make any threats to this guy; I only told him that he was being disruptive and he was already on the defensive, thinking that I wanted to fight this guy. As a matter of fact, he was the one who was giving me the evil eye in the first place. I told him to be quiet or leave, but HG couldn't stop commenting on my appearance and ranting about irrelevant bullshit.

Wishing to avoid escalating the verbal argument into an actual fight, I immediately reported his behavior to one of the baristas. The barista informed me that due to their new policy, she was unable to do anything about the situation. And besides, the homeless guy was a regular customer at the cafe. Wtf? I understood that they had a recent change in policy, but asked her if they put up with his shenanigans on a regular basis. She replied yes. I lost it at this point, and I turned around and addressed everybody in the cafe if I was being wrong in this situation. I pointed to a lady who was sharing the table with HG and asked her if he was annoying her. She meekly nodded in agreement. I pointed my finger to another customer and asked her the same question. Again, yes.

HG, seeing that nobody was too pleased with his presence, finally picked up his stuff, apologized to me and everyone in the cafe, and left. At this point I was shaking with anger - partly because HG accused me of intimidating him, when in fact, it was the opposite that occurred, and partly because the barista didn't do shit about this situation. After HG left, the barista came up to me and apologized on behalf of HG. I didn't acknowledge her half-ass apology.

All of this because of the backlash Starbucks received after 2 black men were arrested for hanging out at a cafe and not buying anything? That's quite an extreme reaction. And besides, who the hell goes to a place of business and hangs out for a while without purchasing anything? That constitutes trespassing, regardless of race. All the phytoestrogen in the soy latte must have turned these males into bitch made SJWs and females into delusional bleeding heart dipshits.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these places become haven for drug users and perverted bums who unashamedly pleasure themselves while eyefucking the cute college girls sipping on their pumpkin spice latte. You reap what you sow. Have fun with that, Starbucks.
I understand the irritation, but...I don't understand what you expected to happen here. You knew the guy was mentally off, so did you think he was just going to be quiet because you said?
And it's not like there is a bouncer in Starbucks to keep out the crazy and weirdos so not sure what you wanted the barista to do.

It's annoying, but, the only real alternative would likely be to call the police whenever a bum starts talking too loud. I'd like the police to be spending their time doing other shit.

I don't think you were wrong for asking him to be quiet and trying to engage him. But you seem way too mad about it. Crazy dude acted like a crazy dude. I don't take crazy druggies or alcoholics serious when they want to fight me because it can only go down crazy if i get aggressive back.

Is this just another case of a SJW virtue signaling gone awry?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a short summary of their policy regarding homeless people.

Tl;Dr warning:

Story time:

So last week, I stopped by at a Starbucks in one of the nicer parts of San Diego to get a cup of joe and buckle down and get some studying done. Since all the smaller tables by the walls were occupied, I opted to sit by the large table shared by several customers in the middle of the room. One of the occupants of said table was a disheveled, homeless looking guy - possibly afflicted with schizophrenia - with his belongings strewn about all around his chair. The guy was repeatedly getting up from his seat, banging his chair against the table, and furiously scribbling something into his notebook. After a minute or two of enduring this, I notice one of the smaller tables was being freed up, so I immediately migrated over there so I can get some work done in peace.
Homeless Guy probably didn't take too kindly that I was moving away from him, and he continued to act like a nuisance but only this time shot a menacing glance at me occasionally and slammed his pen onto the table after he was finished scribbling. The menacing glances and noises were so unnerving that I finally lost my shit and called him out for his behavior.

"Yo, could you stop being disruptive, man?"
"What?" he replied.
"Could you stop being disruptive? You're making these noises and it's really unsettling me."

I can't exactly remember what he replied next, but to the best of my ability, I can only recall that he said he didn't do anything, was having a bad day, and that I was a bully for picking on him. It was all incoherent garbage that I couldn't make sense of, but the last part about bullying got me livid immediately. Bullying people, especially those afflicted with mental illness is not my cup of tea. It's quite dickish, and I'm fervently against it.

He then made a few remarks about my physical appearance and how he was not afraid of me despite "having 45 lbs on him and being big and muscular" (his words verbatim). That comment really threw me off because I perceived it to be a threat. Not once did I make any threats to this guy; I only told him that he was being disruptive and he was already on the defensive, thinking that I wanted to fight this guy. As a matter of fact, he was the one who was giving me the evil eye in the first place. I told him to be quiet or leave, but HG couldn't stop commenting on my appearance and ranting about irrelevant bullshit.

Wishing to avoid escalating the verbal argument into an actual fight, I immediately reported his behavior to one of the baristas. The barista informed me that due to their new policy, she was unable to do anything about the situation. And besides, the homeless guy was a regular customer at the cafe. Wtf? I understood that they had a recent change in policy, but asked her if they put up with his shenanigans on a regular basis. She replied yes. I lost it at this point, and I turned around and addressed everybody in the cafe if I was being wrong in this situation. I pointed to a lady who was sharing the table with HG and asked her if he was annoying her. She meekly nodded in agreement. I pointed my finger to another customer and asked her the same question. Again, yes.

HG, seeing that nobody was too pleased with his presence, finally picked up his stuff, apologized to me and everyone in the cafe, and left. At this point I was shaking with anger - partly because HG accused me of intimidating him, when in fact, it was the opposite that occurred, and partly because the barista didn't do shit about this situation. After HG left, the barista came up to me and apologized on behalf of HG. I didn't acknowledge her half-ass apology.

All of this because of the backlash Starbucks received after 2 black men were arrested for hanging out at a cafe and not buying anything? That's quite an extreme reaction. And besides, who the hell goes to a place of business and hangs out for a while without purchasing anything? That constitutes trespassing, regardless of race. All the phytoestrogen in the soy latte must have turned these males into bitch made SJWs and females into delusional bleeding heart dipshits.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these places become haven for drug users and perverted bums who unashamedly pleasure themselves while eyefucking the cute college girls sipping on their pumpkin spice latte. You reap what you sow. Have fun with that, Starbucks.

Did you actually think that engaging a mentally ill by telling him he us being disruptive was going to go smoothly? Was this your first interaction with a mentally ill person? If so, let me tell you that they will all go the exactly same way........because they are mentally ill.

Also, nice job putting a woman on the spot to criticize the guy while still at the table with him. Either handle shit yourself (or with management) or not. Don't pull random women into your problem. If she was really disturbed she would have already left.

The overwhelming majority of homeless people are harmless and do not abuse such policies. If they overstay their welcome, they leave when they are asked.

Surprised TS didn't "touch him with teh jab" for the offense of existing.

Hah! You should venture out of the burbs every now and then.
I live in a major metropolitan city, not the burbs.

Have you driven into the hood recently? There are no Starbucks in those areas. Maybe some people might think that every part of a city that isn't dominated with skyscrapers is low income because it's a city. Or that because you see homeless people on the street that the surrounding area is low income.

Here's the reality: Homeless people go into higher income areas to panhandle. That doesn't make those areas low income.

This is especially true in areas where the police work to prevent the homeless from sleeping on those streets. The homeless sleep in one part of a city and then travel into the wealthier and shopping districts to panhandle before going back to their enclaves as the evening progresses.

This is how they end up in places like Starbucks. They're in those areas to beg and occasionally enter into stops and delis and stuff to either beg food, spend some of what they've accumulated, get out of the weather or try to get into the bathrooms.

Also, nice job putting a woman on the spot to criticize the guy while still at the table with him. Either handle shit yourself (or with management) or not. Don't pull random women into your problem. If she was really disturbed she would have already left.

Best part of the entire story. If TS’ plan had backfired and the homeless guy stood his ground then that woman would have had to leave purely out of her own uncomfortableness with the situation exacerbated 10 fold by the TS with his “is this guy irritating you!?!” explosion.

Everyone should just boycott Starbucks until they're no longer known as a place to buy coffee, but instead as a public urinal and a homeless camp.

Then they will have reached peak progress, which is their goal I believe.

Last edited:
Fuck Starbucks. That is all.

What about it irks you? That they're taking up space?

I do a shit ton of my work in cafes. Home is for sleeping, eating, and relaxing for me. There's just too many distractions at home as well. I get way more work done when im outside.
Library is too quiet..smells like feet..And i can't have a drink or snack there. Cafe is the perfect spot to do some reading or writing.
I don't know exactly, it just does. They don't physically bother me, I don't spend any real time there so it's not like they're imposing on me in any particular way.

It's a fairly irrational thing to be annoyed at so I mostly keep it to myself. Like fat girls in crop tops, it's a victimless crime but somehow I can't ignore it. But that's not to say I want anything done about it, I don't. I deal with my sense of irrational anger by minding my own business.

Back