Social Starbuck's having a problem now with people leaving used bloody syringes in restrooms

Everyone needs to look up "first amendment auditing" on YouTube, especially people that dont understand the constitution.

After that, buy a camera to protect yourself.

Then why did your earlier post even mention anything about race and bigotry on the question of not having people in Starbucks who don't buy anything?
I didn't say they were druggies.

The problem with those 2 guys was that they have no respect for authority.

And that has led to Starbucks becoming a hangout for the wrong kind of people.

@Ripskater
From the OP
"This is why you kick people out of your restaurant for not buying food or drink. It is not racist or bigoted. It's common sense."
What did you bring up race to this needle issue?

No doubt you and everyone else is aware that the most infamous case of Starbucks kicking people out for not buying anything is that case from last year of the 2 Black Guys.

@Ripskater
From the OP
"This is why you kick people out of your restaurant for not buying food or drink. It is not racist or bigoted. It's common sense."
What did you bring up race to this needle issue?

No doubt you and everyone else is aware that the most infamous case of Starbucks kicking people out for not buying anything is that case from last year of the 2 Black Guys.
The 2 black guys in that starbucks incident who showed no respect for authority sent a message. And that message was that people can hang out at Starbucks and not buy a drink or food. And it brought in the druggies and a used needle problem.

This is why you kick people out of your restaurant for not buying food or drink. It is not racist or bigoted. It's common sense.

Starbucks has made it its purpose to make Starbucks the 'third place' between work and home. Essentially, a place where people like to spend a lot of time. In that sense, it makes sense - very generally speaking - to look the other way when some people just hang around.

Obviously not gonna work when you have a drug problem in that location.

I went to the starbucks over by me a few weeks back. There were 2 homeless people taking a nap inside.
After that fiasco, the homeless started showing up at every Starbucks in my immediate area and claiming their space. I stopped going after getting sick and tired of being asked for change.

I don't go to Starbucks. And as an investor I would not own the stock. I think in 5 years they will be in serious trouble in the states. They may still do ok internationally

I worked the 7-8 volunteer shift at the local Starbucks bathroom this morning. Only found 13 heron needles and 8 child predators. Christendom is really turning the corner in the Starbucks bathroom wars. Keep fighting, men!

The 2 black guys in that starbucks incident who showed no respect for authority sent a message. And that message was that people can hang out at Starbucks and not buy a drink or food. And it brought in the druggies and a used needle problem.
You have to earn respect. You dont automatically get it because you are "authority"

Especially when no laws are being broken.

After that fiasco, the homeless started showing up at every Starbucks in my immediate area and claiming their space. I stopped going after getting sick and tired of being asked for change.
My girlfriend loves the place. <Prem973>

Those 2 guys , from that story months ago, that were sitting in the Starbucks , were waiting for a business meeting. There is no reason to suspect they were druggies.

-
Local, State and Federal gov. should increase funding for programs that provide safe areas for needle disposal, provide for clean needles and opioid addiction (like providing methadone to addicts as part of a program to wean them off the addiction).

So raise taxes?

I know a couple who were just in San Fransisco amd they said it's completely fucked there now. Just homeless drug addicts everywhere and they specifically mentioned that every Starbucks just has a a line of homeless people waiting for the bathroom.

Starbucks deserves it for caving to public pressure.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...licy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it
it would decrease our current expenditure and reduce strain on the city's resources dramatically.

Did you actually read that article?

It is important to note that Portugal stabilised its opioid crisis, but it didn’t make it disappear. While drug-related death, incarceration and infection rates plummeted, the country still had to deal with the health complications of long-term problematic drug use. Diseases including hepatitis C, cirrhosis and liver cancer are a burden on a health system that is still struggling to recover from recession and cutbacks. In this way, Portugal’s story serves as a warning of challenges yet to come.
Advertisement

Despite enthusiastic international reactions to Portugal’s success, local harm-reduction advocates have been frustrated by what they see as stagnation and inaction since decriminalisation came into effect. They criticise the state for dragging its feet on establishing supervised injection sites and drug consumption facilities; for failing to make the anti-overdose medication naloxone more readily available; for not implementing needle-exchange programmes in prisons. Where, they ask, is the courageous spirit and bold leadership that pushed the country to decriminalise drugs in the first place?

Obviously the war on drugs doesn't work, but legalizing hard drugs isn't a cure all.

First you put up a sign that says no drug use. Then you call the cops on anyone you suspect doing drugs there.

Is going to happen, well of course not.

They get what they deserve.

@Ripskater inadvertently endorsed needle exchange programs.
Did you actually read that article?

Obviously the war on drugs doesn't work, but legalizing hard drugs isn't a cure all.
that's merely saying certain problems still persist. Obviously it wont erase them overnight. And everyone agrees it's an improvement overall from the previous condition.

I like that conservatives tout how charitable their churches are but when actual progressive businesses do charitable things like offer a place for the homeless to quietly warm up with a free coffee, they are criticized for it.

Wait... it's brown people or trans people that's leaving the syringes right? It's a Rip thread so I was shocked that there was no mention of either. I did see the "it's not racist" thing so I know it must be in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Who could have know this restroom policy would backfire?
I recall Toronto, Ontario passing a bylaw that restaurants or other establishments open to the public could not restrict their bathrooms to customer use only about 20 years ago.

I did not agree with the over reach of gov't that way into private business and thought particularly in the downtown with the homeless problem it would lead to problems, but it never did.

Back