STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.3 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
If Palpatine's plan was to possess Rey's body after she killed him... why didn't he do that?

Or maybe he did actually do that and Rey is now a sleeper agent. That could be the plot of the next trilogy.

If Palpatine's plan was to possess Rey's body after she killed him... why didn't he do that?

Or maybe he did actually do that and Rey is now a sleeper agent. That could be the plot of the next trilogy.

Dude, what are you doing writing down ideas that flow logically from stuff earlier in the movie. Get with the program.

He could have meant not literally. Just that killing him in hatred will start her down the path to the dark side. The spirit of the Sith are the traits they hold that make them Sith. Like when he kept telling Luke to kill him. He tried the same thing with Luke. To try to make Luke go to the dark side.

No he did

He could have meant not literally. Just that killing him in hatred will start her down the path to the dark side. The spirit of the Sith are the traits they hold that make them Sith. Like when he kept telling Luke to kill him. He tried the same thing with Luke. To try to make Luke go to the dark side.
Just as he did with Anakin and Dooku.

“Kill him Anakin”
“Do it”

The biggest question I have after watching...

How did Ben/Kylo get a TIE fighter on Endor to take him to Exogol?

Did I miss something?
Call one of his minions?
First Uber?

Last edited:
The biggest question I have after watching...

How did Ben/Kylo get a TIE fighter on Endor to take him to Exogol?

Did I miss something?
Call one of his minions?
First Uber?

That's your biggest question?

This SW movie has the most plot holes ever and the break neck speed plot is in place to distract you from them

If you watch the movie in 5 minute segments and sit and think about it you'll know what I mean

You could have just said tie fighter, you battered-wife sounding so and so.

That's your biggest question?

This SW movie has the most plot holes ever and the break neck speed plot is in place to distract you from them

If you watch the movie in 5 minute segments and sit and think about it you'll know what I mean

Palpatine's back-- wha? how?
The dark side of the force is a pathway, that's how-- uh...
She knows how to heal a sand worm with the force-- wha?
How does that quicksand stay suspended over a bunch of caves with no roof-- wait...
They just fall by accident to where Ochi and his thing are-- hold on...
How does everyone get to the evil planet without their own wayfinder things-- wait...
How come Lando can rally a million spaceships when everyone ignored Leia-- umm...
How did Palpatine make all those star destroyers--
Where did he find the millions of employees--
What do they eat?
Why did he have those star destroyers all built underground so they have to crash through the rocks on their first mission--
Wait, they don't know how to go up?? Wha...
So Hux hates Kylo Ren so much he wants to make his own army lose the war and then be tried and executed as a war criminal in the aftermath-- Hold on...
So Palpatine is Snoke and Snoke connected Rey and Ren because they are a force dyad but Palpatine doesn't know they are a force dyad-- Wait...
What, Rey can teleport shit to Kylo Ren with the force, what?
That orange fuckhead midget has Han Solo's medal? How did she-- A good question for another time, okay.
So Luke's ghost can catch lightsabers in midair, fuck it, sure, why not at this point.
So all the Emperor has to do to not die is stop shooting lightning that gets reflected back at him-- Oh, whatever, I give up...
Two lightsabers instead of one let you beat dark side lightning? Man, too bad Mace Windu didn't have--
All of the Jedi are in Rey... They can do that? Fuck it, whatever, I can't keep up.
All the Sith are in Palpatine... Sure, I can understand that, the Sith really are known for teamwork when you think about it.

Palpatine's back-- wha? how?
The dark side of the force is a pathway, that's how-- uh...
She knows how to heal a sand worm with the force-- wha?
How does that quicksand stay suspended over a bunch of caves with no roof-- wait...
They just fall by accident to where Ochi and his thing are-- hold on...
How does everyone get to the evil planet without their own wayfinder things-- wait...
How come Lando can rally a million spaceships when everyone ignored Leia-- umm...
How did Palpatine make all those star destroyers--
Where did he find the millions of employees--
What do they eat?
Why did he have those star destroyers all built underground so they have to crash through the rocks on their first mission--
Wait, they don't know how to go up?? Wha...
So Hux hates Kylo Ren so much he wants to make his own army lose the war and then be tried and executed as a war criminal in the aftermath-- Hold on...
So Palpatine is Snoke and Snoke connected Rey and Ren because they are a force dyad but Palpatine doesn't know they are a force dyad-- Wait...
What, Rey can teleport shit to Kylo Ren with the force, what?
That orange fuckhead midget has Han Solo's medal? How did she-- A good question for another time, okay.
So Luke's ghost can catch lightsabers in midair, fuck it, sure, why not at this point.
So all the Emperor has to do to not die is stop shooting lightning that gets reflected back at him-- Oh, whatever, I give up...
Two lightsabers instead of one let you beat dark side lightning? Man, too bad Mace Windu didn't have--
All of the Jedi are in Rey... They can do that? Fuck it, whatever, I can't keep up.
All the Sith are in Palpatine... Sure, I can understand that, the Sith really are known for teamwork when you think about it.

Nice partial list of flaws

There was a diad in the bullshit so he couldn't

Nice partial list of flaws

Not meant to be exhaustive. That was off the top of my head in about ninety seconds and I got tired of thinking about the crap.

Not meant to be exhaustive. That was off the top of my head in about ninety seconds and I got tired of thinking about the crap.

That's exactly what they don't want viewers to do. Just blind acceptance.........because, somehow is good enough.

You're all awful.

skyjokerwalker.png

Just as he did with Anakin and Dooku.

“Kill him Anakin”
“Do it”
Sean-Gordon-Murphy.jpg

Last edited:
There's a reason Solo made less than half of Rogue One and lost Disney money,
There's a lot of reasons outside of your commentary for that. Nobody was excited for this from the start. It's kind of the story that nobody wanted right from the announcement before everyone got so upset about "Not My Luke."

There's a reason why Episode 9 is going to make about half of Episode 7.
You got roughly that same drop in the Holy OT

$-,775,398,007 - Ep. IV: A New Hope (0 BBY – 0 ABY)
$-,538,375,067 - Ep. V: The Empire Strikes Back (3 ABY) (about a 31% drop)
$-,475,106,177 - Ep. VI: Return of the Jedi (4 ABY) (about 12% drop)

We can attribute "Not my Luke" for the other 9%

The sequel series is a disjointed mess and I'm not remotely in the minority for thinking that.
I understand and acknowledge the fan split... & I agree that they went too far with TLJ & it hurt their sales & alienated people with "not my Luke" but the resistance has a very bad habbit of assuming that just because they have the cardio to bitch daily about something that means their are more of them. It's so crystal clear obvious that people who enjoy it aren't gong to spend their days in such a toxic hater environment. If you can't see that then the dark side has taken you too deep into its bowelz.

IMBD is at 70% approved as is Tros, Cinema scores are high... (don't even quote the obviously compromised tomatoes score.)

The very forum you're speaking in has been majority approved from the highly questioned TLJ to the current Tros. The distaste is coming from a much louder & vocal minority that makes it a daily practice to shit on it while people who enjoyed it are off doing things they enjoy.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...k-hamill-disappointed-with-cut-scene.3676193/

519 people voted
356 (68.59%) voted from 5 – 10 which is neutral to loved it.
163 (31.41%) voted 4 or below. 5 is neutral… so only 163 people voted that they didn’t like it.
65 (12.5%) were neutral but even if you take them out you still get 55% that liked it to loved it

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...billion-worldwide-dragonlords-review.4058997/

Taking out the middle ground of 5 so that we can see who straight up didn't like it compared to those that did like it we're currently at:
135 Did like it
92 didn't like it

Even if you add the people who voted in the middle ground to the "didn't like it crowd" (which is a bit unfair) it's still 128 which still puts you in the minority

It took what was a perfectly wrapped up story in Episode 6 and decided to rehash the OT destroying the legacy of both Luke and Anakin in the process just to make as much cash as quick as possible with no plan and little foresight.
The thing about a prophecy is that it has a beginning and an end. Anakin's ended when he threw the Emperor into the pit, effectively ending the rule of the sith & reducing the dark side to the shadows along with the light siders. The force was balanced,. the prophecy fullfilled... & mission accomplished.

There was never a prophecy that said the force would be balanced forever. As is the way of nature, it ebs & flows... & by Ep. 7 it had gotten too darkside friendly & so the force balanced itself out again.

The force balancing itself out is a MAJOR theme going through the entire triple trilogy & expressed very deliberately in this sequel. "Darkness rises & the light to meet it." The whole hunt that Snoke/Palps was doing was because Palps knew the dark side was rising & that the force would seek to balance it self out against them. I think this all explains perfectly how Aniken's prophecy was fullfilled but then the force was tilted 30 years later.

And as a 30 year fan that's purchased the movies, games, merch, toys, Disney+, etc. I'm going to voice my opinion if they are putting out an inferior product. Not trying to give you a hard time, but I'm going to express my disappointment when I'm passionate about something.

That's good to know you're not just a ravinous hater. There are several in here who feed off hatred like a sith. They salivate over the latest hater videos & love to bash beautiful things & watch the world burn. It sounds like the new Sequel just didn't hit home for you, but it's good to see you're still interested in them hitting your fancy. Lets not misunderstand that with you being in any kind of majority though just because most of what you see is haters in these threads. Its a reality that the people who liked it are just tired of hearing those rantings.

I'm getting over it myself. I spent many hours finding data for @D Train & carefully answered to each of his very broad questions and/or gripes. He made a couple of generic comments about it & then I didn't hear from him again. a few days later he comments to someone else that the support is out & "making excuses like never before." You know? I don't need that. I spoke from the heart & spent a lot of time making sure everything was properly explained. That's the result of the time I spent to express my pov from the heart? no thanx. I don't need to even communicate in these threads if that's what they've become. That's a good example of why well intentioned Star Wars fans who enjoyed the new trilogy don't want to mix it up with the haters in these threads.

I was in the mix as much... or more than... anyone from the support side in Sherdog threads for the 2 years between ep. 8 & 9 & I've heard all the gripes... I just don't agree with them. I feel very strongly that the same movie but "Not my Luke" didn't happen & the fan base would just have a normal split instead of this much greater split. Like if Luke eagerly trained Rey but couldn't leave or something, so she had to do it... you could have the same movie, but with a more positive minded Luke. The resistance has a lot of petty things they speak about, but I truly believe they'd be letting it slide if it weren't for "Not my Luke."

Anywayz... the obi thread is the wrong thread to be discussing this so I copied it here in the Tros thread.

Last edited:
There's a lot of reasons outside of your commentary for that. Nobody was excited for this from the start. It's kind of the story that nobody wanted right from the announcement before everyone got so upset about "Not My Luke."

You got roughly that same drop in the Holy OT

$-,775,398,007 - Ep. IV: A New Hope (0 BBY – 0 ABY)
$-,538,375,067 - Ep. V: The Empire Strikes Back (3 ABY) (about a 31% drop)
$-,475,106,177 - Ep. VI: Return of the Jedi (4 ABY) (about 12% drop)

We can attribute "Not my Luke" for the other 9%

I understand and acknowledge the fan split... & I agree that they went too far with TLJ & it hurt their sales & alienated people with "not my Luke" but the resistance has a very bad habbit of assuming that just because they have the cardio to bitch daily about something that means their are more of them. It's so crystal clear obvious that people who enjoy it aren't gong to spend their days in such a toxic hater environment. If you can't see that then the dark side has taken you too deep into its bowelz.

IMBD is at 70% approved as is Tros, Cinema scores are high... (don't even quote the obviously compromised tomatoes score.)

The very forum you're speaking in has been majority approved from the highly questioned TLJ to the current Tros. The distaste is coming from a much louder & vocal minority that makes it a daily practice to shit on it while people who enjoyed it are off doing things they enjoy.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...k-hamill-disappointed-with-cut-scene.3676193/

519 people voted
356 (68.59%) voted from 5 – 10 which is neutral to loved it.
163 (31.41%) voted 4 or below. 5 is neutral… so only 163 people voted that they didn’t like it.
65 (12.5%) were neutral but even if you take them out you still get 55% that liked it to loved it

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...billion-worldwide-dragonlords-review.4058997/

Taking out the middle ground of 5 so that we can see who straight up didn't like it compared to those that did like it we're currently at:
135 Did like it
92 didn't like it

Even if you add the people who voted in the middle ground to the "didn't like it crowd" (which is a bit unfair) it's still 128 which still puts you in the minority

The thing about a prophecy is that it has a beginning and an end. Anakin's ended when he threw the Emperor into the pit, effectively ending the rule of the sith & reducing the dark side to the shadows along with the light siders. The force was balanced,. the prophecy fullfilled... & mission accomplished.

There was never a prophecy that said the force would be balanced forever. As is the way of nature, it ebs & flows... & by Ep. 7 it had gotten too darkside friendly & so the force balanced itself out again.

The force balancing itself out is a MAJOR theme going through the entire triple trilogy & expressed very deliberately in this sequel. "Darkness rises & the light to meet it." The whole hunt that Snoke/Palps was doing was because Palps knew the dark side was rising & that the force would seek to balance it self out against them. I think this all explains perfectly how Aniken's prophecy was fullfilled but then the force was tilted 30 years later.

That's good to know you're not just a ravinous hater. There are several in here who feed off hatred like a sith. They salivate over the latest hater videos & love to bash beautiful things & watch the world burn. It sounds like the new Sequel just didn't hit home for you, but it's good to see you're still interested in them hitting your fancy. Lets not misunderstand that with you being in any kind of majority though just because most of what you see is haters in these threads. Its a reality that the people who liked it are just tired of hearing those rantings.

I'm getting over it myself. I spent many hours finding data for @D Train & carefully answered to each of his very broad questions and/or gripes. He made a couple of generic comments about it & then I didn't hear from him again. a few days later he comments to someone else that the support is out & "making excuses like never before." You know? I don't need that. I spoke from the heart & spent a lot of time making sure everything was properly explained. That's the result of the time I spent to express my pov from the heart? no thanx. I don't need to even communicate in these threads if that's what they've become. That's a good example of why well intentioned Star Wars fans who enjoyed the new trilogy don't want to mix it up with the haters in these threads.

I was in the mix as much... or more than... anyone from the support side in Sherdog threads for the 2 years between ep. 8 & 9 & I've heard all the gripes... I just don't agree with them. I feel very strongly that the same movie but "Not my Luke" didn't happen & the fan base would just have a normal split instead of this much greater split. Like if Luke eagerly trained Rey but couldn't leave or something, so she had to do it... you could have the same movie, but with a more positive minded Luke. The resistance has a lot of petty things they speak about, but I truly believe they'd be letting it slide if it weren't for "Not my Luke."

Anywayz... the obi thread is the wrong thread to be discussing this so I copied it here in the Tros thread.
Hey bud, I think I always thanked you for putting together your posts. I appreciate your thoroughness even if I don’t agree with your conclusions. I quit really engaging in these discussions because it’s just not fruitful. The films have some serious problems that can’t just be explained away. I am genuinely happy you like them and I wish I did too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back