STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.3 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Can we all take a minute to wish our lord and patron Sith a happy birthday?

FC1B3AFB-63C2-4212-8EED-36DCA2A4C688.jpeg

EMoausMWwAA8xH_.jpg

Does anyone remember feeling epicness when the force awakens released their 1st trailer and so crylos blade and noticed it was more claymore-ish?
The first trailers for force awakens were bad fucking ass.

Then the movie happened

B-main.png

As an aside, this is why I don't like reading the novels: most are just rationalizations for the films that don't need any of that shit. But still:
Untitled-5.jpg

Poor Poe. Poor poor saddled-with-criminal exPOEsition Poe:
Untitled-2.jpg

B-main.png

As an aside, this is why I don't like reading the novels: most are just rationalizations for the films that don't need any of that shit. But still:
Untitled-5.jpg

Poor Poe. Poor poor saddled-with-criminal exPOEsition Poe:
Untitled-2.jpg

Episode X: Somehow Palpatine has returned even more

Context is King

Full disclosure: I hated The Last Jedi when it came out. I hated it last year. I hated it after I saw The Rise of Skywalker, which I loved. I won’t go in-depth into my reasoning now, but you can see my thoughts at the time here, here, and here if you want. After re-watching The Last Jedi in the wake of the context of The Rise of Skywalker and supplemental materials such as the Kylo Ren comic, some of my former opinions have changed.

Prior to my rewatch, I went back through a lot of the discourse that happened when The Last Jedi came out. Several points came up over and over again: that it was good the Luke had finally acknowledged that the Jedi were bad and needed to die; that Rey being “nobody” was subversive and to be taken at face value; that Snoke was a new player on the board and unrelated to the former war; and that “Let the past die; kill it if you have to” was a good and noble goal. After rewatching The Last Jedi, I wondered how so many missed the mark so badly. Every one of these is refuted within the film itself..... [more]

Episode X: Somehow Palpatine has returned even more

Episode XI: The return of the attack of the revenge of the Palpatine
Episode XII: The Secret Of The Midichlorians (They're actually Palpatines, it's Palpatines all the way down)

Context is King

Full disclosure: I hated The Last Jedi when it came out. I hated it last year. I hated it after I saw The Rise of Skywalker, which I loved. I won’t go in-depth into my reasoning now, but you can see my thoughts at the time here, here, and here if you want. After re-watching The Last Jedi in the wake of the context of The Rise of Skywalker and supplemental materials such as the Kylo Ren comic, some of my former opinions have changed.

Prior to my rewatch, I went back through a lot of the discourse that happened when The Last Jedi came out. Several points came up over and over again: that it was good the Luke had finally acknowledged that the Jedi were bad and needed to die; that Rey being “nobody” was subversive and to be taken at face value; that Snoke was a new player on the board and unrelated to the former war; and that “Let the past die; kill it if you have to” was a good and noble goal. After rewatching The Last Jedi, I wondered how so many missed the mark so badly. Every one of these is refuted within the film itself..... [more]

This is a good take, but movie's still trash

Back