STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.3 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Haven't bothered to watch it, I am glad it sucked, though. Makes it even easier to consider this whole trilogy non canon. TLJ will go down as the fastest franchise sinker in history, it still baffles me thinking about that movie getting greenlit.

Just watched it. Gave it a decent rating because it wasn’t an absolute piece of trash. That said I’m not sure I’d say it’s good either.

Turned it on yesterday. Made it like 30 minutes in then “aight I’m out”.

Finally watched it on Disney +.

What a fucking God awful piece of shit. Abrams is a hack.

So how are the bluray, dvd, and streaming/digital sales going?

I recall TLJ being the highest selling bluray of 2018

But Wow at how poorly this ST was handled...and BO receipts demonstrate how it basically rode off nostalgia in certain Western countries and did poorly elsewhere outside of Japan....even the detractors predicted around 1.3 billion since it was the final "Skywalker Saga" episode). A couple years ago who would have guessed that an R rated stand alone Joker movie would outperform it so much outside North America (738 million vs 558 internationally).

Not just that but worldwide mediocre blockbuster movies like Captain Marvel, Aquaman, Fate of the Furious, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, and Venom far out grossed it, RoS not even in the top 30 globally of all time. Crazy times.

New rankings:

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
TFA (Before TLJ I ranked it tied with ROTJ)
RO
Solo
TPM (Duel of the Fates scene alone puts it above AOTC and RoS)
AOTC / RoS tie
TLJ still by far the last.

I still look forward to The Mandalorian s2. @Khabibs Tiramisu @Clippy

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching this movie about a week and a half ago. Ugggghhhhh. Besides Solo, I'd seen every other SW movie in theatre. After the complete shit show disaster the previous two movies were, I skipped this one and waited until I could watch it from the comfort of my home theater. And I'm glad I did. Though to be honest, I want that 2+ hrs and 7.00$ back.

This movie was a giant piece of shit right from the get go. My wife was asleep within 15 minutes, and I struggled to stay awake the entire movie. I'm not sure that I've ever cared less about a movie in my adult life. I mean I literally didn't care one iota about the characters, or the story. The only 2 things about the movie that got to me were when Chewie broke down upon the news of Leias death, and the very end when Ray went back to Tattoine.

RIP SW, I'll always have fond memories of you from my childhood.

1/10, and that's being generous.

MV5-BYz-Fj-ODZTZk-OTA5-N777-CR0-0-1777-999-Ak-L2.jpg

To the surprise of like 3 people
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies...LEp7OCxs-NeOilRGlqmEeOSyNK6cGPzdIFo-ars_jJFqA

It appears as though people will never truly agree on their opinions surrounding the most recent trilogy, but now it looks like two of Star Wars’ most influential figures might not hold The Last Jedi in the highest regard. According to novelist, writer and producer Kamran Pasha, no less of an authority than George Lucas himself isn’t exactly the movie’s biggest fan.

“I don’t have internal knowledge, but I do have people who know George Lucas personally and well, who have said to me that he hates The Last Jedi, and he’s horrified by what’s happened. I have had people, screenwriters that have worked with Lucasfilm, that have told me directly that he hates it. I don’t have the slightest bit of doubt from the source that I got it from, who I know knows Lucas. I know that he knows Lucas.”

Those are some pretty big accusations to be leveling at the man who created the entire franchise, but if that wasn’t enough, Pasha also claimed that The Mandalorian showrunner Jon Favreau hated The Last Jedi as well, and that he actively campaigned to come on board after becoming so concerned about the current creative direction.

“I’m going to say this, and I’ve never revealed this publicly, I have a friend who is very close with Jon Favreau and has worked on several of his movies. And this is what he said to me, and I don’t know Jon Favreau. He said to me Jon Favreau hates The Last Jedi. Again, this is coming from a friend who I know has worked on Favreau’s productions in his inner circle multiple times. And he said to me that Favreau told him that once he saw The Last Jedi, he realized that Star Wars was out of control and that he actively lobbied to get involved in it, because he’s a fan and he wanted to save the franchise. It wasn’t just that Lucasfilm went after him, but he was like, ‘Guys I can help with this. You guys are on the wrong track’.”

Honestly though Last Jedi was almost as bad as Force Awakens for stealing elements of the originals, its basically a mix of Empire and Jedi reversing outcomes in an illogical fashion. It was amusing listening to Johnson and co trying to bullshit the idea Starwars was only ever a standard heroic fantasy before his film when in reality it moved beyond that in its first sequel.

I do wonder actually whether it might be possible the sequel films will be rebooted, that would have seemed impossible at the time but the damage that's been done really does look perminant. Disney love money more than anything and you could argue the people who like the sequels would still probably watch an alternative whilst the people who hate them could potentially be tempted back. Making more films about Luke and Han whilst the actors are still alive is probably safer money than some unconnected SW film.

Would perhaps have the added plus for Disney that if Abrams is going to Warners this would be the ultimate slap in the face, essentially erasing a significant amount of his career.

Last edited:
Fake news. George Lucas died the same year this third party, unsubstantiated, bias confirming link came out.

Y'all killed him.

Tried watching this the other night, got about 15 minutes in and literally turned it off. I suppose I could slog through it drunk, but it was sincerely hard to watch. Just felt like a Transformers movie, no sense of pacing, action scenes with no tension, and empty characters. No question the worst Star Wars movie quality wise IMO, even if I find The Last Jedi more boring and insulting.

Tried watching this the other night, got about 15 minutes in and literally turned it off. I suppose I could slog through it drunk, but it was sincerely hard to watch. Just felt like a Transformers movie, no sense of pacing, action scenes with no tension, and empty characters. No question the worst Star Wars movie quality wise IMO, even if I find The Last Jedi more boring and insulting.

I would say for Last Jedi whatever its weaknesses(and there are many) certain parts of it(mainly Kylo) are quite well done, Abrams two films like you say feel Bay like in their clutter and poor pacing, okish for one cinema viewing but little beyond that.

You have to say as well at least people were still talking about Last Jedi months latter, Rise of Skywalker just dropping out of the public consciousness after a couple of months probably isn't good news for the franchise.

Probably the worst starwars ever made. the last two starwars films aren't even recognizable for the franchise just absolutely horrible. Bringing back old ugly luke was a horrible idea and the acting was just an embarrassment for everyone involved.
I consider the starwars franchise only 6 films and just forget the new ones were even made.

I would say for Last Jedi whatever its weaknesses(and there are many) certain parts of it(mainly Kylo) are quite well done, Abrams two films like you say feel Bay like in their clutter and poor pacing, okish for one cinema viewing but little beyond that.

You have to say as well at least people were still talking about Last Jedi months latter, Rise of Skywalker just dropping out of the public consciousness after a couple of months probably isn't good news for the franchise.
It’s all about the Disney + shows. That’s the way forward for this franchise.

Probably the worst starwars ever made. the last two starwars films aren't even recognizable for the franchise just absolutely horrible. Bringing back old ugly luke was a horrible idea and the acting was just an embarrassment for everyone involved.
I consider the starwars franchise only 6 films and just forget the new ones were even made.

Hamil and Driver are really the only two actors who gave decent performances in the whole thing.

Back