STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.3 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
So the 4k just dropped I'm going to watch this train wreck tonight and see how bad it is. Going to have the wife pick up my tequila before I get off work.

FB-IMG-1585614822636.jpg

Welp it took a global pandemic, but I watched it

I understand why this movie pissed a lot of people off, there were so many mcguffins and plot holes I didn’t know what was going on half the time

Seriously fellas why didn’t ol palp stop thunder boltin´the God known as rey when his face was melting off? Dude disabled thousands of ships but the Kryptonite this whole time was not one but two sabers. Sad no one was there to throw Mace an extra purple saber

Here's my real time bitching
- They ruined darth vader into a pussy
- Palpatine is back.. but why?
- Lando likes women instead of robots again
- They made the tatooine worm from a terrifying carnivore into a peacenick hippie
- What a gay death for Chewie
- They better not be about to kill C3P0 with this gay memory dump
- That's it for now
[/quote]

Watched it last night with my kiddo.

It was such a meh movie. Just a giant run from one place to the other, no character story lines going anywhere, had to retcon so much from the previous movie, just total nonsense.

The ability of force ghosts to interact with the environment, their force Facetime and ability to move objects through it, just so much garbage.

It was a sad end to the trilogy.

Watching this right now as it’s finally on Disney+.

It sucks balls, and that sucks balls because I do find myself liking the characters.

I sadly don’t remember shit about this movie.

and I’m a lifelong SW fan. The last two movies in the saga have fucking. Ruined shit.

So the 4k just dropped I'm going to watch this train wreck tonight and see how bad it is. Going to have the wife pick up my tequila before I get off work.
Where you at, motherfucker?

I still haven't finished watching this from a few weeks back.

First time in the history of Star Wars I didn't watch one straight through in one sitting, and I watched the fucking prequels yo!

Just in case I'm missing something, and I will go back and watch it at some point when I find my sense of humour again, wasn't the big plot twist that the Emperor is back? Was it hinted at in previous movies? Did everyone know it was gonna happen before the movie came out?

Because why did they put it on the opening scroll in the first sentence? Why not keep it as a big reveal later in the movie?
Opening scroll: EMPEROR'S BACK YO!!

That's some lazy film making man, I was annoyed in the first 5 seconds of watching it

I still haven't finished watching this from a few weeks back.

First time in the history of Star Wars I didn't watch one straight through in one sitting, and I watched the fucking prequels yo!

Just in case I'm missing something, and I will go back and watch it at some point when I find my sense of humour again, wasn't the big plot twist that the Emperor is back? Was it hinted at in previous movies? Did everyone know it was gonna happen before the movie came out?

Because why did they put it on the opening scroll in the first sentence? Why not keep it as a big reveal later in the movie?

Opening scroll: EMPEROR'S BACK YO!!

That's some lazy film making man, I was annoyed in the first 5 seconds of watching it

The Emperor being alive is not alluded to in any way prior to the opening crawl of Rise of Skywalker.

This is because nobody, including JJ Abrams, ever had any intention of him being alive until they saw The Last Jedi and realized the trilogy was over in two movies.

As to putting it in the opening crawl... They were pretty hamstrung no matter how they did the reveal I think. In the actual movie would have been better, but I figure that would have required maybe another 20-30 minutes of screen time to build up to it. But then again, that could have just come out of the time allotted to McGuffins #12 through 17.

But honestly, Rian Johnson had fucked everything up so bad that I don't really blame JJ for wanting to just have all his pieces in their place at the start (i.e. Emperor back, Rey training, etc.). He had a ridiculous task ahead of him trying to bail out Rian's Titanic no matter how he did it.

The Emperor being alive is not alluded to in any way prior to the opening crawl of Rise of Skywalker.

This is because nobody, including JJ Abrams, ever had any intention of him being alive until they saw The Last Jedi and realized the trilogy was over in two movies.

As to putting it in the opening crawl... They were pretty hamstrung no matter how they did the reveal I think. In the actual movie would have been better, but I figure that would have required maybe another 20-30 minutes of screen time to build up to it. But then again, that could have just come out of the time allotted to McGuffins #12 through 17.

But honestly, Rian Johnson had fucked everything up so bad that I don't really blame JJ for wanting to just have all his pieces in their place at the start (i.e. Emperor back, Rey training, etc.). He had a ridiculous task ahead of him trying to bail out Rian's Titanic no matter how he did it.
Yeah I guess it was always going to be a rescue mission, shame it ended up such a mess like Rasise The Titanic.

You'd think they could have just alluded to a powerful voice from the past being back, but literally in the first sentence... it really bugged me and put me in the wrong mood for the movie from the start.

I even watch Last Jedi and enjoyed it, yes it was dumb as fuck, but at least it made me laugh. Rise straight annoyed me instantly and I couldn't get past it!

Yeah I guess it was always going to be a rescue mission, shame it ended up such a mess like Rasise The Titanic.

You'd think they could have just alluded to a powerful voice from the past being back, but literally in the first sentence... it really bugged me and put me in the wrong mood for the movie from the start.

I even watch Last Jedi and enjoyed it, yes it was dumb as fuck, but at least it made me laugh. Rise straight annoyed me instantly and I couldn't get past it!

I honestly think they'll be teaching about the ruination of Star Wars in MBA classes down the road.

Where you at, motherfucker?

lol didn't want to waste anymore time on this movie. I think we all know how bad this was. My opinion isn't going to deviate from the majority. Just sucks to have such a great series ruined like this.

lol still haven't seen RoS.

Feelsgoodman

Back