Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (New Footage from D23 Reel)

What did you think of the teaser trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: March 2, 2016

Rumor: Possible Titles for STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII Revealed

9rn1xh.jpg

Filming is officially underway for Rian Johnson's Star Wars: Episode VIII, and along with a batch of fairly unrevealing set snaps, we have the first of what are sure to be many rumored titles for the movie.

The first comes from some purported promotional material for the movie that was posted on Reddit, and is apparently being prepped for a May 4th (Star wars Day) reveal: Star Wars: Tale of the Jedi Temple. The next one sounds a bit more believable, and comes from a Croatian Star Wars news site. They reckon the title is: Star Wars: The Order of the Dark Side.

Both titles do make a certain amount of sense from a story continuation standpoint, and are slightly on the cheesy side - also a Star Wars staple. Still, take them with all the salt grains for the time being.

Tale of the Jedi Temple and The Order of the Dark Side Are Possible Titles for Star Wars: Episode VIII

Maybe already posted but I'm assuming all new Star Wars stuff is posted in this thread now, but for those of you with kick-ass home theatre, The Force Awakens blu-ray is a month away

Update: April 4, 2016

Erik Bauersfeld, Voice Actor of Admiral Ackbar, Dies at 93

Star-Wars-Admiral-Ackbar-040416-Dragonlord.jpg

Erik Bauersfeld, who memorably voiced the Rebellion's Admiral Ackbar in Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, has died. He was 93.

The voice actor and radio drama producer passed away on Sunday morning at his home in Berkeley, Calif., his manager, Derek Maki, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

In the 1983 space opera, Bauersfeld voiced Ackbar— delivering the iconic line, "It's a trap!" — when the fate of the alliance looks grim during the Death Star fleet attack.

He also voiced Jabba the Hutt's staffer Bib Fortuna in the same film. He returned to voice Ackbar in last year's J.J. Abrams-directed blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Bauersfeld's other roles include voice work in last year's Guillermo Del Toro film Crimson Peak and Steven Spielberg's 2001 film A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

"The voice work I did in movies was accidental," wrote Bauersfeld on the website for his non-profit, Bay Area Radio Drama. "I was working with Randy Thom on radio dramas at his technical quarters at Lucasfilm. One day Ben Burtt, sound designer for Star Wars, came by and asked if I would audition for a voice in the movie."

He is also credited with voiceover work for the Ackbar character in Star Wars: X-Wing, a 1993 flight simulator video game.

Erik Bauersfeld, Admiral Ackbar Voice Actor in 'Star Wars' Films, Dies at 93

Rian Johnson’s New Photo Shows Maz Kanata’s Return for EPISODE VIII

Director Rian Johnson’s latest shows the return of Lupita Nyong’o‘s Maz Kanata in Star Wars: Episode VIII. The photo appears to show a performance capture stage, one which is used to help a performer see a more rudimentary version of their CG character in real time. This kind of stage, sometimes referred to as a Volume, is usually to used to capture data for the film, but also to fine-tune the performance before acting on the real set opposite the live-action actors.

tumblr_o54c9dDDSv1qzsjdko1_1280.jpg

Rian Johnson’s New Photo Shows Maz Kanata’s Return In Star Wars Episode 8

I thought they filmed the whole trilogy at once like LOTR?

Rian Johnson’s New Photo Shows Maz Kanata’s Return for EPISODE VIII

Director Rian Johnson’s latest shows the return of Lupita Nyong’o‘s Maz Kanata in Star Wars: Episode VIII. The photo appears to show a performance capture stage, one which is used to help a performer see a more rudimentary version of their CG character in real time. This kind of stage, sometimes referred to as a Volume, is usually to used to capture data for the film, but also to fine-tune the performance before acting on the real set opposite the live-action actors.

tumblr_o54c9dDDSv1qzsjdko1_1280.jpg

Rian Johnson’s New Photo Shows Maz Kanata’s Return In Star Wars Episode 8

I liked Maz. Glad she's back.

Erik Bauersfeld, Voice Actor of Admiral Ackbar, Dies at 93

Star-Wars-Admiral-Ackbar-040416-Dragonlord.jpg

Erik Bauersfeld, who memorably voiced the Rebellion's Admiral Ackbar in Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, has died. He was 93.

The voice actor and radio drama producer passed away on Sunday morning at his home in Berkeley, Calif., his manager, Derek Maki, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

In the 1983 space opera, Bauersfeld voiced Ackbar— delivering the iconic line, "It's a trap!" — when the fate of the alliance looks grim during the Death Star fleet attack.

He also voiced Jabba the Hutt's staffer Bib Fortuna in the same film. He returned to voice Ackbar in last year's J.J. Abrams-directed blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Bauersfeld's other roles include voice work in last year's Guillermo Del Toro film Crimson Peak and Steven Spielberg's 2001 film A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

"The voice work I did in movies was accidental," wrote Bauersfeld on the website for his non-profit, Bay Area Radio Drama. "I was working with Randy Thom on radio dramas at his technical quarters at Lucasfilm. One day Ben Burtt, sound designer for Star Wars, came by and asked if I would audition for a voice in the movie."

He is also credited with voiceover work for the Ackbar character in Star Wars: X-Wing, a 1993 flight simulator video game.

Erik Bauersfeld, Admiral Ackbar Voice Actor in 'Star Wars' Films, Dies at 93

On a separate note;

After DOWNLOADING and watching ep 7 a few times...it's tolerable if I think of Rey as born of the force...(which the entire idea is stupid but...) like Anakin, she is powerful as fuck...

Not Luke's kid

Not Obiwan's kid (lol how is this even a theory?)

Not Leia's kid...

another immaculate conception create to restore balance to the force.

I'm in agreeance with this, with two exceptions.

1. High-level lightsaber fights. This is the one thing the prequels nailed.

2. There's whispers of bringing Hayden Christensen back as a clone of Anakin. The thought of a fight between a young Dark-Side Anakin VS an old Luke Skywalker gives me chills up my spine.

I wouldn't say the prequels "nailed" the lightsaber fights. They had better technique, but it was sterile and ridiculous. When Obi-wan vs Anakin had them twirling their lightsabers behind their back while two feet from each other mid-combat, I almost bailed on the movie.

The technique was obviously above that of Alec Guinness, but there was no emotion in them.

I also hope to hell that we never see Hayden Christensen again in a Star Wars movie. He wasn't all that bad, considering the script he had to work with, but his performance in those films and the prequels in general is not something that really needs to be honored with nostalgia and cameos.

I'd rather see Anakin just recast entirely if he appears at all, which doesn't need to happen and probably shouldn't.

On a separate note;

After DOWNLOADING and watching ep 7 a few times...it's tolerable if I think of Rey as born of the force...(which the entire idea is stupid but...) like Anakin, she is powerful as fuck...

Not Luke's kid

Not Obiwan's kid (lol how is this even a theory?)

Not Leia's kid...

another immaculate conception create to restore balance to the force.

So I've always had a theory that because Darth Plagueis could create life, he was the one who created Anakin.

Maybe Snoke is Darth Plagueis (he never died) & he created Anakin / Rey

So apparently Ben Rothwell claims to have a pretty good idea on a new star wars villain based slightly on himself. His character is called Xandus and can not only control the dark side of the force but apparently dark energy as well. He has the ability to elongate lightsabers at his will and force wield 30 at the same time. Seem ridicuolous to me but the guys at Fox thought it was good enough to share with the web and put this on blast. Here the hilarious article.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...most-villainous-character-ever-created-040416

Ben Rothwell for Ep. 9 script! ;)

So I've always had a theory that because Darth Plagueis could create life, he was the one who created Anakin.

Maybe Snoke is Darth Plagueis (he never died) & he created Anakin / Rey

Maybe but then why didn't plagues do anything with anakin? And why didn't he make any reference to Ray when Kylo told him about her?

I could buy plagueis creating both but he doesn't seem to have a grand scheme as to why.

Maybe but then why didn't plagues do anything with anakin? And why didn't he make any reference to Ray when Kylo told him about her?

I could buy plagueis creating both but he doesn't seem to have a grand scheme as to why.

I don't really follow all this extended universe stuff, but I saw in some video somewhere that all that time, he was still recovering from Palpatine almost killing him. And if this Snoke guy is actually Plagueis, that whatever Palpatine did to him is the reason his face is so fucked up and caved in.

Hate to say this but this but last trilogy had more
charisma this bore fest even BvS was more
exciting then this.

Update: April 5, 2016

Mark Hamill Appears in New Campaign for Star Wars: Force For Change

Update: April 15, 2016

J.J. Abrams Reveals Rey's Parents Were Not in THE FORCE AWAKENS [Updated]

316rwax.png

There are many online theories attempting to get to the bottom of who exactly Rey's parents are, but director J.J. Abrams just threw a big wrench into a few of them.

The Star Wars: The Force Awakens director spoke about it during a Q&A at the Tribeca Film Festival, where a young fan asked: "Who are Rey's parents?"

After joking with the fan, he then dropped a small bombshell, saying:"Rey's parents are not in Episode VII. So I can't possibly say in this moment who they are. But I will say it is something that Rey thinks about, too."

That eliminates a few suspected candidates, including the big one in Luke Skywalker. Luckily the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory is still possible, but Abrams didn't stop there. He then revealed that he does actually know who it is, but of course he won't comment on it.

"Obviously it’s not for me to talk about in this moment because this is [Episode VIII director] Rian [Johnson]’s story to continue now," Abrams continued. "The last thing I’m going to do is reveal something that he would be upset about. I want to make sure that Rian gets the courtesy that he showed me."

J.J. Abrams Reveals Rey's Parents Were Not in Star Wars: The Force Awakens

[Update: After the Q&A, EW caught up with J.J. Abrams and he clarified his comments. The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.]

I wouldn't say the prequels "nailed" the lightsaber fights. They had better technique, but it was sterile and ridiculous. When Obi-wan vs Anakin had them twirling their lightsabers behind their back while two feet from each other mid-combat, I almost bailed on the movie.

The technique was obviously above that of Alec Guinness, but there was no emotion in them.

I also hope to hell that we never see Hayden Christensen again in a Star Wars movie. He wasn't all that bad, considering the script he had to work with, but his performance in those films and the prequels in general is not something that really needs to be honored with nostalgia and cameos.

I'd rather see Anakin just recast entirely if he appears at all, which doesn't need to happen and probably shouldn't.

This is what everyone repeats but i don't see. Luke vs Vader in ROTJ is the only one that had any emotional connection to it. Obi Wan/Vader had none until the end when Ben sacrifices himself in front of Luke. Luke vs Vader in ESB had none until after the fight.

I'd say Qui-Gon dying had much more of an impact than old Obi-Wan. much better character.

But maybe it's because i never really cared for Obi-Wan though. was kinda just the bland wise/stoic trainer.

Last edited:
Update: April 15, 2016

J.J. Abrams Reveals Rey's Parents Were Not in THE FORCE AWAKENS

316rwax.png

There are many online theories attempting to get to the bottom of who exactly Rey's parents are, but director J.J. Abrams just threw a big wrench into a few of them.

The Star Wars: The Force Awakens director spoke about it during a Q&A at the Tribeca Film Festival, where a young fan asked: "Who are Rey's parents?"

After joking with the fan, he then dropped a small bombshell, saying:"Rey's parents are not in Episode VII. So I can't possibly say in this moment who they are. But I will say it is something that Rey thinks about, too."

That eliminates a few suspected candidates, including the big one in Luke Skywalker. Luckily the Obi-Wan Kenobi theory is still possible, but Abrams didn't stop there. He then revealed that he does actually know who it is, but of course he won't comment on it.

"Obviously it’s not for me to talk about in this moment because this is [Episode VIII director] Rian [Johnson]’s story to continue now," Abrams continued. "The last thing I’m going to do is reveal something that he would be upset about. I want to make sure that Rian gets the courtesy that he showed me."

J.J. Abrams Reveals Rey's Parents Were Not in Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Obi Wan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back