Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

A problem with people who don't agree 100% that the "The Power of One. The Power of Two. The Power of MANYYYYYYYY." scene is shit? My problem with those people is that I don't believe them. It's so blatantly stupid and cringe that I believe that anyone who insists that it's not MUST be lying. That, or they're manbabies who never matured beyond 10 years old and probably still watch Barney.

But no one in this thread was saying the writing was good or there weren't cringeworthy moments. I described the "fight me with all your strength" line in the first episode as cringe right away.

That's why it seems like you're projecting onto us that don't agree 100% and then ranting as if we said them.

It's explicitly stated in the opening crawl that The Acolyte takes place "a hundred years before the rise of the Empire" which puts it at 132 ABY
Teh Rise of teh Empire=19BBY... = 119 acolyte.

Wookieepedia calls it 132BBY, but there source doesn't lead to the figure.

Screenrant seems to have a solid answer though.

"In an interview with Empire, Rebecca Henderson, the actor portraying Vernestra Rwoh in The Acolyte, confirmed that her Jedi will be 116 years old in the upcoming Star Wars show. Since Rwoh was 16 years old in Phase I of the High Republic novels, with those novels being set 200 years prior to The Phantom Menace, it is now confirmed that The Acolyte is set in the year 132 BBY, exactly 100 years before the prequel trilogy."

this still isn't really official data, but I'd say one of the actors being told her character is 116 yrs old, is probably accurate.

nphQWNf.jpg

Well fook me. it's 132BBY

So Teh High Republic is recognized as existing between 500 - 100BBY.
This story predates teh fall of teh High Republic by only 32 fooking yearz!!! 😲

This would also be 100 years prior to Plagueis' death.

I liked 119BBY better, but even at 132BBY I expect teh contents of this show are teh spark that lights teh fire that will bring teh High Republic down.

(& eventually teh Jedi)

iu

Last edited:
Soo... when is LucasFilm going to announce they're wrong?

Lets assume that's not going to happen, because why would the lesbian writer/director of the series get her own community's hopes high?

And they're a community of women alone on a planet... are you implying they're abstenent? And if they're lesbians what's wrong with that?

Apparently you want it spelled out to you.
For the rest of us, the obvious obviousness is obvious.

I bet you know they're lesbians, but you're playing coy about it.

Honest question - If by the end of the series its even more completely obvious than it already is it was a society of lesbians, would you feel dumb for not seeing it, and defending it?

Nope, because that's as clear as it gets.

You really think this series has that kind of depth?

Have you ever watched a movie sequel that was so bad it ruined the respect you had for the original?

That's what almost happened to me watching the sequel trilogy. It harmed the respect I had for Ep1-Ep6, and I've repaired that by reading the old EU. Great books, by the way, highly recommended.

But I've watched a few breakdowns of Acolyte Ep1, Ep2, & Ep3, and hearing about the events of each episode does the series just fine.

Apparently the storytelling is so great one sister goes from loving her sister one moment and in the next moment tries to kill her. And stone apparently burns and nearly kills everyone.

What obvious? Tell me how it's so obvious that all the women are sexing each other? Other than being a group of women, why would you assume they're all leabians?

I'm not defending anything. The whole thing was stupid. But there's zero indication it's some sort of lesbian coven. It's why you don't actually point out anything from the show to prove your point. You just say '"Well, LucasFilm hasn't said they aren't lesbians'. Thats a silly argument and you gotta know it.

I don't know anything about their sexuality, because the show spent zero time on it other than showing that the "parent" girls are probably in some sort of relationship. I honestly don't care. Are the witches of dothamir all lesbians? Do we need to know if they are? Is that an important plot point for you? This is why the political BS gets stupid. You start thinking about things that aren't even necessary. The show isn't making their sexuality known or part of the plot. Why are we talking about it?

I don't care about your reasons for not watching the show. I'm just saying its obvious you haven't watched it.

But no one in this thread was saying the writing was good or there weren't cringeworthy moments.

That's why it seems like you're projecting onto us that don't agree 100% and then ranting as if we said them.

Show me where I pointed out someone who doesn't like the scene and accused them of liking it and I will apologize. I am pretty sure I didn't single out anyone. I said, in general terms, anyone who likes that shit is full of it, or a low-T manbaby.

If you feel that criticism is directed at you....

I mean, there comes a point where you are being a bit misogynist. Your whole argument is "women accomplished that? That sucks!".

When content sucks, I say it sucks. Doesn't matter who created it was a man or woman, or Zach Snyder or Kathleen Kennedy.

In this case, they're digging up decades-old cannon and shitting on it with "Oh, women actually did that! Not men!"

Bitches leave.

Who cares if Plagueis learned something from female dark force users?

Why does Kathleen 'The Force Is Female' Kennedy care?

Simply having women do things and be capable isn't political.

Women doing things & being capable has been a thing in Star Wars since 1977.

I like critical drinker most of the time, but the fact that he just kept calling every female character in the show "girl boss 1", "girl boss2", etc basically means that everything star wars has to be analyzed through a jaded, heavy handed political filter. And that kinda sucks, because the show is bad (after the 3rd episode) and you can give plenty of criticisms that apply, instead of focusing on tons of things that are meaningless.

His point, if its not self-apparent, was that girl-bosses have been a trend within the entertainment industry for a long while and its been a stale trope for most of it.

And don't blame him for Star Wars content being developed with current-day topical social issues & politics, ensuring it will age like milk unlike Ep1-Ep6.

That's KK's doing, and its not an accident, not Critical Drinker's.

t's like leftists and Trump. There's a billion legitimate reasons to criticize Trump. You don't have to make up stupid shit like he's a racist nazi that commands neo-nazi groups via buzzwords during a debate.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

Show me where I pointed out someone who doesn't like the scene and accused them of liking it and I will apologize. I am pretty sure I didn't single out anyone. I said, in general terms, anyone who likes that shit is full of it, or a low-T manbaby.

If you feel that criticism is directed at you....

I gave it like a 6 as I said previously. I'm simply dismissing all the culture war bullshit for this particular series. It's way overblown and exaggerated.

What obvious? Tell me how it's so obvious that all the women are sexing each other? Other than being a group of women, why would you assume they're all leabians?

I'm not defending anything. The whole thing was stupid. But there's zero indication it's some sort of lesbian coven. It's why you don't actually point out anything from the show to prove your point. You just say '"Well, LucasFilm hasn't said they aren't lesbians'. Thats a silly argument and you gotta know it.

I don't know anything about their sexuality, because the show spent zero time on it other than showing that the "parent" girls are probably in some sort of relationship.

I don't know if they are or not. That isn't my particular beef with this shit. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say there is zero indication. One could argue that it's implied.

For one, there are no men. They COULD have men around, but there aren't any. For two, they are described as "mothers", plural. For many (ok, that was a joke, lol) the showrunners have been publicly stating/going along with the idea that this is the "gayest Star Wars" ever. There IS enough nods in that direction that could easily and understandably be taken to imply that they're lesbians.

Let's assume that they are, just for a second. Honestly, 20 years ago I wouldn't care. These days, it is just a signal that the Alphabet Mafia once again is pushing their shit on everyone else. It's relentless and everywhere all of the time. There comes a time when it's just fucking enough. I was in support of gay marriage long before Obama was. My aunt is a lesbian. But that doesn't mean I want a gay sandwich shoved down my throat every time I open the fridge.

Because there's no men around.
Besides the WNBA, where are the highest percentage of lesbians congregated within?
Womens prisons.

The show is written & directed by a lesbian.

You are aware you and Hog-Train are practically the only two people on the internet disputing this, right?

m not defending anything. The whole thing was stupid. But there's zero indication it's some sort of lesbian coven. It's why you don't actually point out anything from the show to prove your point. You just say '"Well, LucasFilm hasn't said they aren't lesbians'. Thats a silly argument and you gotta know it.

At this point you're asking why I think this one guy I saw walking in the middle of the road was gay.

I answered, because he was dancing like a horrible stripper, while being 90% naked, in rainbow body paint, with a dozen other men around him doing the exact same thing, because it was a Pride Parade.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's gay, and you're arguing with me that I didn't actually see him suck dick, so he could be straight.

That's basically an analogy for your argument that the society of ALL-WOMEN Witches aren't actually gay.

I don't know anything about their sexuality, because the show spent zero time on it other than showing that the "parent" girls are probably in some sort of relationship. I honestly don't care. Are the witches of dothamir all lesbians? Do we need to know if they are? Is that an important plot point for you? This is why the political BS gets stupid. You start thinking about things that aren't even necessary. The show isn't making their sexuality known or part of the plot. Why are we talking about it?

Sounds like you need to get some sleep and rewatch the scenes from the episode I posted earlier.

All of those questions you ask have very clear answers, and for you to not know them means you're very high, very exhausted, or weren't paying attention.
don't care about your reasons for not watching the show. I'm just saying its obvious you haven't watched it.
Given the questions you just asked, its obvious you practically did watch it either.

Fair.

I just do not believe that the OT was considered good by a lot of people.

I mean it depends you mean by "younger viewers." You said under 40 years of age.

A lot of the younger viewers grew up with the prequels. They like the prequels much more IMO. I'm not talking about the OT.

Unless you're talking about JHS to HS right now. Then all they've known are the Sequels.
Yeah I mean I'm 38 and grew up on the originals, it's hard for me to believe that millennials (who are pretty old meow) look favorably on the ST considering some of us like me were teenagers when TPM came out and even 20 somethings would've grown up on the prequels and originals. I've no contrary information to offer nor do I care take to the time to examine how percentages were determined so I can't really argue with it, but I guess it does make sense that older people would have a harsher opinion on the ST than younger, though I do wonder how much younger people actually like it vs "they were aight."

There's also the matter of toy and video games sales and such, which I think are low with the new stuff, ST toys in particular. That said, I've not seen the numbers (err, fuck, I think, don't remember).

If I recall correctly Andor is the only Disney SW show where the viewership numbers grew as it went on.

It's hard to believe that anyone actually likes this. Maybe if you're 10 years old? It's cringe levels to the max. I couldn't IMAGINE running online to defend this garbage. I try to make sense of it. I wonder if it's just "culture war" bullshit, to where they feel like they MUST like it because they don't like the people who hate it, or if they truly would eat a shit sandwich if you slapped a Star Wars logo on it. I don't think there is any way to argue that this is good writing or a cool show, with this level of cringe.

I'm not in here defending anything, but I enjoy talking about Star Wars & I enjoy modern content. I don't enjoy listening to people insult me simply because I like it & say that I must have some alternate agenda simply because you are so blinded by your social justice warrior rant that you can't be bothered to try & enjoy the actual story being told.

We're currently the equivalent of 40 min. into a 2 hour movie. Let it play out.

I grew up watching the OT as the movies came out, & I appreciate them for what they are just as much as I appreciate the modern content. While most other content around the OT are much more plot driven... the OT was character driven. Its appeal was largely teh ominousness of vader contrasted by the innocence of a farm boy. It also introduces us to the force & we all love a good origin story. Plot wise it's little more than big bad hunting the rebels & the rebels trying to sneak their way to attack the big bad. They threw in a neat thread about Luke being Vader's father, but that's about all the plot you get from teh OT.

By contrast, the prequels are one of the greatest plotlines in cinimatic history. It blows my mind how deep that plot goes. I love both the OT & the prequels for what they are.

I feel some clunkiness in this show's story telling, but I'm still enjoying it. I don't care about any of these SJW pov's I'm hearing in here. It doesn't even register to me.

This show has its clunkiness & flaws, but If I were to dismiss everything that had flaws I'd never like anything ever.

KgFkIM9.png

Last edited:
Figures are from Rasmussen and Nielson. If you dispute them, show us more reputable figures and we can talk. Again I find it mind-boggling that the ST movies could be mentioned in the same breath as any in the OT but them's the brakes.

By every metric I've seen, ROS did worse than TFA and TLJ, that is true. But it still grossed over $1B worldwide with $300MM profit, making it the 37th highest grossing film all time. If that's a flop, that's what I want to be when I grow up.

And you're incorrect about each succeeding movie in the OT and PT doing better than the previous one. Here are lifetime domestic box office gross figures. In each trilogy, the first movie performed the best, followed by a dip in the second and an increase for the 3rd, but still underperforming the first. By that standard, ROS underperformed the previous trilogies but it still did pretty damn OK.

Again, please provide better figures if you have them.
I dont know anyone who prefers the Sequels to the originals. Seems that is many posters experience. So clearly there is something about that poll of 1000 people, which in this context is clearly a small subset

As I said, ROS underperformed expectations no doubt. But across the board, TLJ and ROS were not perceived as poorly as you or I think they were. Sherdog is an echo chamber of older guys and hardcore SW fans. Disney cares less about us and is going after casuals, younger millennials and gen Z because that's who pays the bills. And if you talk to 20-somethings and early 30-somethings, as a group they're WAY less negative on the ST than I am. Younger viewers grew up with non-binary gender pronouns and aren't old enough to have watched any of the OT films in a theater.

The ST won't have the cultural impact the OT did, but it launched in a different market that is over-saturated with digital entertainment options. Even so, every ST movie including ROS outsold films like Rogue One (which was generally lauded), The Dark Knight, every Harry Potter except one, and 2 of the 3 LOTR movies in worldwide box office. That wouldn't be possible if everyone who saw the ST thought it sucked ass.

But the Nielson ratings tell the story. How the actual fuck anyone would rather watch BOBF, OWK or Ahsoka over Andor is beyond me. But those are the metrics Disney cares about and is choosing their content creators accordingly.
No one yet is grown up who was a child when the non binary and pronouns shite started. That’s a stretch

Lesbian space witches are now an official, important part of Star Wars canon, thanks to The Acolyte​

Is Lucasfilm going to release a clarification they're not lesbians?

ar.webp

That's as clear as clear gets, unless anyone here thinks there's a chance they wrote those two 'strong powerful women' to be extremely stupid, and would clarify the means of the twins conception in a future episode.

The Sith couldn't do that...
...the Jedi couldn't do that...

...but lesbian witches just did.

I respect Theory but he's still trying to put a positive first-impression spin on anything Star Wars by trying to fit it in with Lucas-canon or Disney-canon.

The reality of the situation is Kathleen Kennedy and Leslie Stenberg wanted lesbian witches to conceive children in Star Wars, so they put made lesbian witches conceive children in Star Wars.

It really is that simple.
It really is that stupid.
Remember that episode of The Office where Oscar calls in sick, and Dwight goes to Oscar's home to see if he's lying? He catches Oscar and his boyfriend coming home from a date...and this is where you, the audience, learn Oscar is gay. But the joke is that Dwight is so dense that he doesn't realize they are a gay couple and he's all like "Guess what I learned about Oscar tonight? He was lying about being sick!!!"

It's like these posters beought that joke to life.

About 2 and a half minutes in

As I said, ROS underperformed expectations no doubt. But across the board, TLJ and ROS were not perceived as poorly as you or I think they were. Sherdog is an echo chamber of older guys and hardcore SW fans. Disney cares less about us and is going after casuals, younger millennials and gen Z because that's who pays the bills. And if you talk to 20-somethings and early 30-somethings, as a group they're WAY less negative on the ST than I am. Younger viewers grew up with non-binary gender pronouns and aren't old enough to have watched any of the OT films in a theater.

The ST won't have the cultural impact the OT did, but it launched in a different market that is over-saturated with digital entertainment options. Even so, every ST movie including ROS outsold films like Rogue One (which was generally lauded), The Dark Knight, every Harry Potter except one, and 2 of the 3 LOTR movies in worldwide box office. That wouldn't be possible if everyone who saw the ST thought it sucked ass.

But the Nielson ratings tell the story. How the actual fuck anyone would rather watch BOBF, OWK or Ahsoka over Andor is beyond me. But those are the metrics Disney cares about and is choosing their content creators accordingly.
There's no one who's grown up with non-binary and all that, that stuff is really recent. Younger millennials would be in their upper 20s or 30s by meow. I know plenty of people who aren't right leaning who don't like Disney SW for the most part.

The ST selling well doesn't surprise me, it was very anticipated and though TFA had a warm reception, it's looked back upon as mediocre. TLJ had the momentum of TFA and people looking forward to getting questions answered.

Andor was an unheralded character from Rogue One, even I didn't give a shit about him till I watched the show. The others are known and popular fixtures within Star Wars and even I was more interested in those shows at first because of that than I was Andor which may explain the numbers.

Because there's no men around.
Besides the WNBA, where are the highest percentage of lesbians congregated within?
Womens prisons.

The show is written & directed by a lesbian.

You are aware you and Hog-Train are practically the only two people on the internet disputing this, right?

At this point you're asking why I think this one guy I saw walking in the middle of the road was gay.

I answered, because he was dancing like a horrible stripper, while being 90% naked, in rainbow body paint, with a dozen other men around him doing the exact same thing, because it was a Pride Parade.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure he's gay, and you're arguing with me that I didn't actually see him suck dick, so he could be straight.

That's basically an analogy for your argument that the society of ALL-WOMEN Witches aren't actually gay.

Sounds like you need to get some sleep and rewatch the scenes from the episode I posted earlier.

All of those questions you ask have very clear answers, and for you to not know them means you're very high, very exhausted, or weren't paying attention.

Given the questions you just asked, its obvious you practically did watch it either.

So, the witches of Dothamir are also gay? Because they're all women? Thats your logic?

You have the most terrible analogies I've ever seen. You still can't actually point to anything within the show that says all of these women are gay?

You do this all the time. You come in with pre-conceived notions, plant your feet and don't budge and all the while coming up with terrible analogies and deflections when actually asked to provide the evidence for your argument.

The evidence is literally "thats what I saw critical drinker say". Or "thats what I saw on nerdrotic". You can't even think for yourself because you dont even bother to try to come up with a single cohesive argument using the show. It's all 'it's obvious". "I guess you missed it" and all the other deflections.

And from a guy who doesnt even watch the show. It was the same thing with Last of Us and the "gay" episode. You didn't watch it and kept insisting it was something that it wasn't. And you didn't need to see it because you watched the "relevant scenes". You're up to the same thing now. Having your opinion spoon fed to you and being unable to budge from it.

Basically, the group is all women. And the writer is gay. Therefore the whole group is gay.

No, shit. Once you get past all the deflections, all the memes from other people, all the stupid analogies and all the bluster, this is literally your argument. A gay writer wrote a group of women and thus they are all gay.

And your response to this is just going to be more of the same. "I saw the relevant parts". "You need to watch it again". "Everyone knows', or maybe you'll drop some kind of meme or tweet. Or some dumbshit, lopsided analogy like "if I see two women have sex I assume they're gay. Unlike you, where you need a camera inside their vagina before forming an opinion".

So, the witches of Dothamir are also gay? Because they're all women? Thats your logic?

As far as its been revealed the Witches of Dothamir don't live in a secluded community of exclusively women.

So that isn't the gotchya you think it is.

You still can't actually point to anything within the show that says all of these women are gay?

YOU have to have it pointed out to all the obvious signs those women are lesbians?

@Eusung is right. You are Dwight from The Office.

You do this all the time. You come in with pre-conceived notions, plant your feet and don't budge and all the while coming up with terrible analogies and deflections when actually asked to provide the evidence for your argument.

What evidence could have been provided to Dwight that Oscar is gay?

You have the most terrible analogies I've ever seen.
That's one of the best analogies you've never seen, and I doubt you ever will.

The evidence is literally "thats what I saw critical drinker say". Or "thats what I saw on nerdrotic".

Is this from Nerdrotic or Drinker, or the show itself?

Because from that clip alone its pretty obvious its not even being subtle of the gayness.

It's all 'it's obvious". "I guess you missed it" and all the other deflections.

They're not deflections because its obvious and you've put in alot of effort into missing it because 99.99% of everyone else sees it as for exactly what it is.... gay.

Can you, Bob Gray, detect any gayness in this picture?

OIP.WTHvXIGVzXXZZG0B2duL4QAAAA

I don't know if they are or not.
Yeah, me neither. Thats my only point. It can come out in the next episode that theyre all hiding strap-ons underneath their robes, then they would be an all lesbian coven.

I snipped out the rest of your post but Im just gonna say that pretty much all of the reasons for them being gay is :

1. they seem to be all women

2. and then every other piece of "evidence" comes from outside the show itself.

Like, I dont care about interviews or what someone else said or what some media says, because once you get all these other sources everything can get convoluted because you can make practically make any connection from any number of things, whether its relevant or not. I just go by the show itself.

Even if they weren't gay, they're definitely queer. Queer is a political ideology that sets itself in opposition to anything "normal". An "oppressed" coven of female witches who are living outside of what society deems acceptable is at the very least representation of Queerness, particularly when the showrunners themselves have adopted the ideology that posits this.

YOU have to have it pointed out to all the obvious signs those women are lesbians?

Yes. Do it. The only thing is that theyre all women. I'll give you that the two head witches are a couple. Now list all the obvious reasons that all the rest of the women are gay.

Back