Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

Lesbian space witches are now an official, important part of Star Wars canon, thanks to The Acolyte​

Is Lucasfilm going to release a clarification they're not lesbians?

ar.webp

That's as clear as clear gets, unless anyone here thinks there's a chance they wrote those two 'strong powerful women' to be extremely stupid, and would clarify the means of the twins conception in a future episode.

I thought you said you'd watch the episode? Seems like you haven't..

Maybe it's cloning. Maybe it's the Force. The point is this one line is the only indication in the episode of how these babies were made and it was a small part of the episode. We simply don't know yet.

If it is somehow made possible through the Force, I wouldn't care. I don't understand why that's a problem. This looks to be a coven of Force using female witches. They have to procreate somehow.

Some of you would vastly improve your life by quitting Star Wars altogether, as much a drunk would quitting alcohol. The hoops you jump through to defend this garbage is a ridiculous as it is pathetic.

And the people bitching about Star Wars daily even though they don't watch it are somehow better?

Last edited:
"The Power of One. The Power of Two. The Power of MANYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Who the F likes this shit? That was so retarded. I know, it's just one of the retarded things in the show, but watching that was so fucking cringe. Is this were we are now? Has society lost so much testosterone that this appeals to them?

Let's these soylent turds have this Star Wars wreckage, as far as I am concerned. Jesus Christ.

Lesbian space witches are now an official, important part of Star Wars canon, thanks to The Acolyte​

ar.webp

That's as clear as clear gets

Dude....you're giving me a breakdown from Pinknews? What about it? They think everything is gay. OK? That's kind of their thing.

I'm aware people have said it's a coven of lesbian space witches. I'm saying there's no indication, at all, that the entire group is gay.

So you're argument is giving me another page on the internet that says their gay? Wtf is your point? No amount of people arguing for something there's no evidence for makes the argument stronger.

And gtfo with "as clear as it gets". Theyre probably scissoring, but if they wanted to as "clear as it gets' they just have them kiss or something. Which might still happens because I'm almost positive that episode only told half the story.

I'm guessing you still didn't actually watch the episode?

Some of you would vastly improve your life by quitting Star Wars altogether, as much a drunk would quitting alcohol. The hoops you jump through to defend this garbage is a ridiculous as it is pathetic.

It's hard to believe that anyone actually likes this. Maybe if you're 10 years old? It's cringe levels to the max. I couldn't IMAGINE running online to defend this garbage. I try to make sense of it. I wonder if it's just "culture war" bullshit, to where they feel like they MUST like it because they don't like the people who hate it, or if they truly would eat a shit sandwich if you slapped a Star Wars logo on it. I don't think there is any way to argue that this is good writing or a cool show, with this level of cringe.

This is a great point, but it's very specific to what balanced the force in the Skywalker saga. The prophecy of the Chosen One was written very specifically for this instance. (the "egg" being Sid & the Chosen One Anakin)

This is different than a discussion about whether zero sith = balance. I feel that fundamentally that cannot be true. The Jedi went too far in the other direction. They literally cut off a part of the force. No sex & intimate relationships being the most outrageous of their dogma. Further is that they suppressed certain fundamental levels of passion. It's a very imbalanced religion.

Now if there was a religion that allowed a mix of dark & light (teh fabled "Grey Jedi") with equal parts passion & no sexual dysfuction... then we could have a singular religion that could exist for balance. The Jedi are far from a balanced cult though. imo... I find it obvious that Sid was the most powerful Sith ever, because the force poured it's darker side into only a couple of vessels. The force balanced itself by empowering what few dark users there were. Also a flawed religion too far in the extreme, it also could not exist as a singular religion.

Non-canon is "only" suggestible, while speaking of canon lore. iow... It may or may not become valid to a canon story.

I understand the appeal to the EU & am a fan myself, but I am someone who recognizes the lack of continuity in the body of work & I celebrate what they did by creating the canon continuity. Of coarse it's not perfect, but the holes are minor & at least they're trying.

An EU "top canon" always existed... so Starkiller never existed in the top canon... just like he doesn't in modern canon. to me not much really changed during the great canon purge of 2012, except for now it's a bit more official that what was once called "lower canon" (or whatever) is now called "Legends."

I mean, once you have StarKiller power, we're pretty much done. It's like this game called Oblivion: Elder Scrolls where I developed my character to the point where I was so powerful that it became boring to even play. As a beginner, I had epic battles with a Minotaur, & now I could wipe out 3 at once with a single magic enhanced strike. My armor was 100%... lol... it's pointless.

Lucas allowed creators to open their imaginations using his lore & make more stories. He opened the doors, but he always kept his own at the very top behind closed doors... much like it is now.

Wow, this discussion is great!!! I'm so happy to see so many people in here actually talking about the lore. I could've give a fook less about the social justice of it all. I got lots of quality quotes to checkout after this one~
icon_cheers.png
Fun Stuff.
It's not specific to the Skywalker saga though - the Jedi lost their way, became too political instead of following the will of the force, that was Qui Gon's whole point and that's what allowed the Sith to take over. It had nothing to do with them not being "dark enough".

The Jedi as an organization permit love and friendships, attachments are what are discouraged because to act in accordance with the force they can't act in pure self interest and If a Jedi say, wants to start a family they're free to leave. Qui Gon knew this, he knew they lost their way, that's why he was a threat to the Sith. Becoming a Jedi is about sacrifice and they're very upfront about this, see The Phantom Menace. It's not an easy path, the dark side is.

The force being in balance isn't about using the dark side in equal measure. The dark side is basically a drug, and embodies selfishness and evil; George has said as much. That's why Yoda said it consumes you and it's why the Jedi don't use it. That’s why being good is harder than being evil, why being a Jedi is hard, it's selflessness instead of selfishness. The growing darkness WAS the imbalance, not that there were too many Jedi and that they weren't dark or evil enough. The Jedi were wiped out because they lost their way (what Qui Gon was on about), not because they didn't use the dark side.

The reason why the Sith took over was because the Jedi became tools of the Republic instead of being Jedi and following the force. The Republic and polticians can be manipulated so it followed that the Jedi were manipulated because they lost their way; it had nothing to do with not using the dark side. Had Qui Gon - the Jedi following the will of the force - trained Anakin the Sith would've been destroyed and there'd be no civil war. As Windu said, "we're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

The first six movies spell it out.

I'll not debate Legends/EU as technically Plagueis isn't cannon meow but there's nothing in it that contradicts any lore, the only thing it does is establish why Anakin came to be. That when Plagueis was messing with trying to create life, the force (or midichlorians? I'd have to read the exact passage again) gave him the middle finger and made Anakin, who, if trained properly, would've wiped out the Sith (and still ended up doing so).

It's hard to believe that anyone actually likes this. Maybe if you're 10 years old? It's cringe levels to the max. I couldn't IMAGINE running online to defend this garbage. I try to make sense of it. I wonder if it's just "culture war" bullshit, to where they feel like they MUST like it because they don't like the people who hate it, or if they truly would eat a shit sandwich if you slapped a Star Wars logo on it. I don't think there is any way to argue that this is good writing or a cool show, with this level of cringe.

We're all here just shooting the shit on a forum because we're bored at work or whatever.

And you're actively participating in the culture war bullshit. You're literally bitching about a show you've never watched based on Youtube videos and Twitter. That's as culture war as you can get. And then you criticize people on the other end of the argument for not agreeing with you 100%. Do you have a mirror?

Like dude - you're doing the exact same shit.

I don't particularly think this show has been great. It's meh. The 3rd episode was the worst in terms of story for me.

But I have to call out inaccuracies when people, who've never watched it, keep saying stuff that's not accurate.

Last edited:
The gray Jedi thing was something I entertained until I went back I listened to interviews and watched parts of the prequels and originals again.

<SelenaWow>

So Plagious just takes credit for a woman's work.

In fact it seems like between that, and Anakin's immaculate conception, this entire Acolyte series purpose is to retroactively change that women are responsible for the significant events leading up to the PrequelTrilogy.

I mean, there comes a point where you are being a bit misogynist. Your whole argument is "women accomplished that? That sucks!".

Who cares if Plagueis learned something from female dark force users? Like, thats a huge problem for you? Even assuming thats true, it doesn't appear like the twins have eternal life. So of anything he learned some spark of knowledge that lead him down the road to keep himself alive.

Again, we're still assuming an awful lot here.

Simply having women do things and be capable isn't political. Even if they happen to be gay characters. I like critical drinker most of the time, but the fact that he just kept calling every female character in the show "girl boss 1", "girl boss2", etc basically means that everything star wars has to be analyzed through a jaded, heavy handed political filter. And that kinda sucks, because the show is bad (after the 3rd episode) and you can give plenty of criticisms that apply, instead of focusing on tons of things that are meaningless.

It's like leftists and Trump. There's a billion legitimate reasons to criticize Trump. You don't have to make up stupid shit like he's a racist nazi that commands neo-nazi groups via buzzwords during a debate.

We're all here just shooting the shit on a forum because we're bored at work or whatever.

And you're actively participating in the culture war bullshit. You're literally bitching about a show you've never watched based on Youtube videos and Twitter. That's as culture war as you can get. And then you criticize people on the other end of the argument for not agreeing with you 100%. Do you have a mirror?

Like dude - you're doing the exact same shit.

I don't particularly think this show has been great. It's meh.

But I have to call out inaccuracies when people, who've never watched it, keep saying stuff that's not accurate.

My dislike of this shit has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks. I don't need people to agree with me 100%. Watch that shit. "The Power of One. The Power of Two. The Power of MANYYYYYYY" Watch that and tell me it's not cringe as fuck.

Anyone who says that it's not... I can only assume that they're either lying for whatever reason, or they have the tastes of a child. It's objectively retarded, particularly for Star Wars, but even as a standalone show it would be retarded.

You could tell me you don't like Andor - which i did. I don't care. Maybe you found it boring. Maybe you didn't like any of the characters. Fair enough. I don't need you to agree with me 100%. But to watch this crap and argue that it's not cringe as fuck? No. Just no.

My dislike of this shit has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks. I don't need people to agree with me 100%. Watch that shit. "The Power of One. The Power of Two. The Power of MANYYYYYYY" Watch that and tell me it's not cringe as fuck.

Anyone who says that it's not... I can only assume that they're either lying for whatever reason, or they have the tastes of a child. It's objectively retarded, particularly for Star Wars, but even as a standalone show it would be retarded.

You could tell me you don't like Andor - which i did. I don't care. Maybe you found it boring. Maybe you didn't like any of the characters. Fair enough. I don't need you to agree with me 100%. But to watch this crap and argue that it's not cringe as fuck? No. Just no.

Yeah, it's stupid. The whole episode was stupid and brought the show down from "meh" to outright bad for me.

But the majority of the politically motivated bullshit is just politically motivated bullshit. The show is bad on its own terms, without creating all the political drama that doesn't actually exist.

I thought you said you'd watch the episode? Seems like you haven't..

I've watched the relevant scenes to the discussion.

Its like watching a TV-edit of Showgirls with every scene without nudity edited out, so it lasted 4 minutes.

Maybe it's cloning. Maybe it's the Force. The point is this one line is the only indication in the episode of how these babies were made and it was a small part of the episode. We simply don't know yet.
So you're saying the 'strong female characters' are so stupid they don't understand how conception works.

Until the show reveals they actually are that stupid, and let down the entire LGBTQ community, lets assume that aspect of the show is just as shallow as the rest.

If it is somehow made possible through the Force, I wouldn't care. I don't understand why that's a problem. This looks to be a coven of Force using female witches. They have to procreate somehow.
Ian Malcom - "Life finds a way."

This is the retarded lesbian fantasy version of that iconic cinematic quote.

Yeah, it's stupid. The whole episode was stupid and brought the show down from "meh" to outright bad for me.

But the majority of the politically motivated bullshit is just politically motivated bullshit. The show is bad on its own terms, without creating all the political drama that doesn't actually exist.

Yes, it is bad regardless of anything else.

Having said that, the politically motivated bullshit is coming from the people who are CHANGING Star Wars because of their politically motivated bullshit. I will never blame the fans for their outrage when people are bringing their bullshit TO Star Wars to change it.

We had the entire EU, a shitload of material, that managed to continue Star Wars without changing Star Wars into something else. Both good and bad stories. I still don't like the Prequels that much as I felt it was very childish, but it was still Star Wars. By shifting to a more childish level of storytelling, the prequels reduced the stakes involved - IMO. I couldn't take it as seriously. If felt more like a Sunday Morning Star Wars, BUT it was still Star Wars.

This crap... this isn't Star Wars. It's bad fanfic with a lot of money and power and activism behind it. If there is "political drama" it isn't because of the fans.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I have said multiple times this show is meh and the third episode was the worst. And that I liked Andor.

But it's also inaccurate and hyperbolic the way these channels are describing what actually was in the episode. They're way over exaggerating.

Seems like you have some kind of problem with people that don't agree with you 100% on this. And have built up anger from all these lame Youtubers constantly filling your head.

I've watched the relevant scenes to the discussion.

Its like watching a TV-edit of Showgirls with every scene without nudity edited out, so it lasted 4 minutes.

So you watched the same exact Twitter posts that was getting you all riled up in the first place after you said you'd just watch the whole episode and then judge.

So you're saying the 'strong female characters' are so stupid they don't understand how conception works.

Until the show reveals they actually are that stupid, and let down the entire LGBTQ community, lets assume that aspect of the show is just as shallow as the rest.

WTH are you talking about. I never said anything like that. When did I say anything about "strong female characters" or any of these BS things you're PROJECTING onto me.

You're ranting like a cranky old man.

I'm simply stating what was in the episode and saying the characterizations are way over exaggerated for clicks. I've been saying the same shit this entire thread.

Last edited:
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I have said multiple times this show is meh and the third episode was the worst. And that I liked Andor.

Reading comprehension? Perhaps look in the mirror. I didn't say that you DO dislike Andor. I said - hypothetically - that you COULD tell me that you don't like Andor and I wouldn't care. I am making a point, that even if you didn't like Andor, I wouldn't care. That means that I DON'T need you to agree with me 100%. It's very funny that you accuse me of reading comprehension when you demonstrate that you misunderstood what I said, and that I understood what you said perfectly fine.

But it's also inaccurate and hyperbolic the way these channels are describing what actually was in the episode. They're way over exaggerating.

I don't give a fuck how these channels describe anything. They aren't informing my opinion. I watched that scene, and it's fucking retarded under any context. Why are you so obsessed with these channels?

Seems like you have some kind of problem with people that don't agree with you 100% on this. And have built up anger from all these lame Youtubers constantly filling your head.

A problem with people who don't agree 100% that the "The Power of One. The Power of Two. The Power of MANYYYYYYYY." scene is shit? My problem with those people is that I don't believe them. It's so blatantly stupid and cringe that I believe that anyone who insists that it's not MUST be lying. That, or they're manbabies who never matured beyond 10 years old and probably still watch Barney.

Dude....you're giving me a breakdown from Pinknews? What about it? They think everything is gay. OK? That's kind of their thing.

Soo... when is LucasFilm going to announce they're wrong?

Lets assume that's not going to happen, because why would the lesbian writer/director of the series get her own community's hopes high?

And they're a community of women alone on a planet... are you implying they're abstenent? And if they're lesbians what's wrong with that?

I'm aware people have said it's a coven of lesbian space witches. I'm saying there's no indication, at all, that the entire group is gay.

Apparently you want it spelled out to you.
For the rest of us, the obvious obviousness is obvious.

I bet you know they're lesbians, but you're playing coy about it.

Honest question - If by the end of the series its even more completely obvious than it already is it was a society of lesbians, would you feel dumb for not seeing it, and defending it?

And gtfo with "as clear as it gets".
Nope, because that's as clear as it gets.

I'm almost positive that episode only told half the story.
You really think this series has that kind of depth?

I'm guessing you still didn't actually watch the episode?
Have you ever watched a movie sequel that was so bad it ruined the respect you had for the original?

That's what almost happened to me watching the sequel trilogy. It harmed the respect I had for Ep1-Ep6, and I've repaired that by reading the old EU. Great books, by the way, highly recommended.

But I've watched a few breakdowns of Acolyte Ep1, Ep2, & Ep3, and hearing about the events of each episode does the series just fine.

Apparently the storytelling is so great one sister goes from loving her sister one moment and in the next moment tries to kill her. And stone apparently burns and nearly kills everyone.

Yes, it is bad regardless of anything else.

Having said that, the politically motivated bullshit is coming from the people who are CHANGING Star Wars because of their politically motivated bullshit. I will never blame the fans for their outrage when people are bringing their bullshit TO Star Wars to change it.

We had the entire EU, a shitload of material, that managed to continue Star Wars without changing Star Wars into something else. Both good and bad stories. I still don't like the Prequels that much as I felt it was very childish, but it was still Star Wars. By shifting to a more childish level of storytelling, the prequels reduced the stakes involved - IMO. I couldn't take it as seriously. If felt more like a Sunday Morning Star Wars, BUT it was still Star Wars.

This crap... this isn't Star Wars. It's bad fanfic with a lot of money and power and activism behind it. If there is "political drama" it isn't because of the fans.

I mean, I'm with you for the most part. But my point is only that sometimes people overreact and flip the fuck out over relatively minor things. Or they take something small and make it a much bigger deal than it actually is.

Using another political analogy, sometimes I criticize my super liberal friends because it feels like they legitimately look for reasons to be offended. Thats sort of where a contingent of Star Wars fans are at right now. I wouldn't say it's without cause, but still. And now a fair amount of media outlets are milking that base for all it's worth. You don't need to make issues where none exist.

Some if it is a natural push back, I get it. Using a personal story, I showed a buddy of mine the LOTR movies because he had never seen them. Been over a decade since I watched them. Anyway, there's the last movie where the female character puts on armor and joins the men in the final battle. Now, I remember in the theater thinking that was pretty cool. But now, after all the political BS, I admit I just immediately felt a sense of "Oh, here we go again".

The point is, what was actually a cool moment at the time would now be instantly seen as 'girl-boss bullshit" because of its natural to have that sort of resistance when "the message" is being shoved down your throat.

So now, people can be hyper-sensitive to it, I think. Like I said, I get it and I even feel that way myself sometimes. But I try to keep it in check becuase I've noticed my own bias about it.

ar.webp

That's as clear as clear gets, unless anyone here thinks there's a chance they wrote those two 'strong powerful women' to be extremely stupid, and would clarify the means of the twins conception in a future episode.

The Sith couldn't do that...
...the Jedi couldn't do that...

...but lesbian witches just did.

I respect Theory but he's still trying to put a positive first-impression spin on anything Star Wars by trying to fit it in with Lucas-canon or Disney-canon.

The reality of the situation is Kathleen Kennedy and Leslie Stenberg wanted lesbian witches to conceive children in Star Wars, so they put made lesbian witches conceive children in Star Wars.

It really is that simple.
It really is that stupid.
Oh it does very much seem intentional, I'll grant you. The thing is the only part I'm concerned about is the lore and the quality of the show, not lesbians.

I don't watch much Theory (I prefer Thor Skywalker) but Theory's video on the third episode was harsh.

Not many people are defending it, just dismissing the culture war crap. Also, have you even seen it? Cuz if you haven't I'd say you commenting about something you're not watching is worse than someone who is watching commenting on it

I showed a buddy of mine the LOTR movies because he had never seen them. Been over a decade since I watched them. Anyway, there's the last movie where the female character puts on armor and joins the men in the final battle. Now, I remember in the theater thinking that was pretty cool. But now, after all the political BS, I admit I just immediately felt a sense of "Oh, here we go again".

The point is, what was actually a cool moment at the time would now be instantly seen as 'girl-boss bullshit" because of its natural to have that sort of resistance when "the message" is being shoved down your throat.

That natural resistance is with you now because it's been pushed everywhere, relentlessly.

I would defend Eowyn there, because it was done correctly. She wasn't a girlboss, she went in terrified and afraid, despite her deep desire to do more with her life than hide away. She wasn't ripping through the battlefield like Legolas or proving to men that she was superior to them. Even her worst scene, "I am no man" (which was in the books, but what made it her worst scene was the embellishment for female applause) wasn't that bad. There was a story behind that scene which was reduced for the "cool" female moment. Merry had a magical dagger that had a particular power over wights, and his stabbing of the leg of the Witch-King was probably the reason why Eowyn was able to take down the Nazgul.

Anyways, that's beside the point. They handled Eowyn's scenes well for the most part, so it escapes the girlboss shit, IMO. A remake in today's time would almost certainly build this up WAY more and she'd be doing much more on the battlefield.

Back